Kia ora & welcome to the first WHMCS.Community Update on our new Community Platform!

It's been a little while since we've done a community wrap-up however I'll be getting back into the swing of doing these in the first week of every month. If you have any questions about the wrap-up please let me know in the comments below.

Thanks to our new platform the wrap-up gets a new look this month too!

September 2017 Statistics

• 164 new members joined the WHMCS Forums
  • 202 new topics were created on the WHMCS Forums
  • 925 posts were crafted by our forum members
  • community migration was completed

WHMCS.Community Launches

Saturday saw the launch of WHMCS.Community.  We're excited to introduce our new community experience to you. This is just the start of a number of changes and improvements we have planned to grow and develop the community.  Take a look at the Get to know the new WHMCS.Community for tips and tricks on using the all-new WHMCS.Community.

For those of you with https://forums.whmcs.com/ links don't panic! We're automatically redirecting you to the right thread on WHMCS.Community.

This wrap-up will also be the last to refer to the WHMCS Forums. Future wrap-ups will use WHMCS.Community - the new name for our community site.

September's Top Picks

Top picks get a new look this month, now you can see an overview and click to go straight to the thread 

September Community User Showcase

Bonus Content!

A few bouns content items this month!

That's all folks!

We'll see you in the October Wrap-up! As always if you have any feedback let us know.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By WHMCS ChrisD
      Kia Ora Everyone,
      Welcome to the November 2017 Community Wrap-Up.
      WHMCS.Community November 2017 Statistics at a glance:
      282 new members joined WHMCS.Community 356 new topics where created 1,071 posts were written in November WHMCS.Community Leaderboard
      Congratulations to our leaderboard winners this month @brian! in first place on 32 reputation points, @zomex & @sentq both tied on 5 points.
      Remember giving and receiving reactions might see you on our leaderboard next month!
      WHMCS.Community Top Picks
      This month we've made the transition to using Reactions to choose our Top Picks for the month, like the leaderboard this is all powered by the use of Reactions

WHMCS V7.4 Launches!
      We were excited to launch WHMCS 7.4 in November. Head over to https://www.whmcs.com/whats-new/ to learn more about the new features headlined by our new Notifications Centre featuring an integration with Slack & HipChat as well as Credit Checkout Options & Ticket Collision Detection
      That's all folks!
      And that's the November Wrap-Up! Thanks for reading and remember we'd love your feedback on the wrap-ups and WHMCS.Community in general!  We'll see you in January 2018!

• By WHMCS ChrisD
      Kia ora everyone!
      It's hard to believe a month has passed since the great community migration was completed! I hope you are enjoying the new WHMCS.Community look and feel, and don't forget we're keen to hear your feedback in the New Community Feedback board. 
      Before we jump into the wrap-up just a quick note, we've been adding some tutorials about getting the most out of the new community over on the Get to know the new WHMCS.Community. Make sure to keep an eye on this board as we'll be adding more to it in the coming weeks.
      WHMCS.Community October 2017 Statistics at a glance:
      313 new members joined WHMCS.Community 692 new topics where created 1,886 posts were written in October WHMCS.Community Leaderboard
      One of the new features of the new WHMCS.Community is the Leaderboard where each month we'll highlight the users with the most reputation points earned during the month.
      Congratulations to @brian! who took first place with the most reputation points in October at 45, he was followed by @WHMCS John on 10 points & @Matt on 9
      WHMCS.Community Top Picks
      In future we'll be using "Reactions" to help determine the top picks of the month, so please remember to react to posts.  If you haven't yet heard about the new reactions functionality, take a look at my post below to learn all about them.
      WHMCS V7.4 Beta now available
      October 25th saw the launch of Version 7.4 Beta 1. If you haven't had a chance to take a look yet, head over to the launch thread:
      Don't forget to provide any feedback in the 7.4 Beta Discussion Board. Testers help us to provide a great release for all users.
      That's all folks!
      And that's the October Wrap-Up! Thanks for reading and remember we'd love your feedback on the wrap-ups and WHMCS.Community in general!

• By WHMCS ChrisD
      Hi Everyone,
      The WHMCS Forums were launched over 12 years ago and in that time have seen a number of iterations and updates.
      Today, we’re excited to announce that we're getting ready to introduce the next incarnation of the WHMCS Community and with it, a brand-new look and feel, along with a whole host of new features and functionality - starting with in-line post reactions & a new reputation structure as well as a new question & answer format for certain forum categories.
      Preparations are already well underway to migrate from the current forums to our new Community powered by the Invision Community Suite. The current community is home to a wealth of knowledge and information and we’ll be migrating all existing threads and posts as well as user accounts and private messages to the new WHMCS Community to ensure that none of this is lost.
      I’m personally very excited about the opportunities our new platform unlocks. Over the coming months, we’ll be rolling out a range of new features and functionality in our community, taking inspiration from the responses we received earlier in the year about how we can improve your experience.
      Stay tuned for updates in the coming weeks as we move nearer to the switch over, in the meantime, here’s a sneak preview of what’s to come.

The team and I are excited to bring our new community to you in September, and I will be posting more information on the changes in future posts.
    • By shout
      Due to an administrator username change, my mySql database username changed.

This broke both WordPress and WHMCS. In WordPress, I just had to go into wp-config.php and find where it had the old username and update it to the new one.

Is there a file in WHMCS somewhere that I need to go into and update the mySQL username? Is there anything else I need to do to fix it?

When I try to connect now, I get

Critical Error
      Could not connect to the database