iWHMCS not compatible with IOS7

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will this be fixed so is users who paid for the rights to use the app, can actually do just that and use it? iOS7 has been out for weeks now and WHMCS can't seem to get their shot together and release an update for it...

We want to use what we paid for!

Give us an estimated time frame so we are not just standing here diddling our thumbs together wondering when.

thanks for deleting my posts.. now I see you are a worthless fanboy.. you never delete anything when someone says crap about WHMCS...

I was a Windows user for many years and I do indeed use Apple products. Your posts, including this one, are off topic.

Please stop. Thanks.

As soon as I launch the app, it crashes, I haven't been able to use it on my iPhone 4, or 5s with iOS 7.

I have been able to make the app crash in several different areas, but it does open and run for me for the most part, pretty good. Surely you know what you're doing here, but have you tried turning off all apps and restarting the phone? Maybe remove the app and reload it?

I have been able to make the app crash in several different areas, but it does open and run for me for the most part, pretty good. Surely you know what you're doing here, but have you tried turning off all apps and restarting the phone? Maybe remove the app and reload it?

OK, so "mostly works" is "pretty good" is it? The most expensive app, by miles, of the many on my phone is one of the very few that has not been updated for iOS7 (or iOS6 either) and I should be satisfied with ""opens and runs for the most part"?

I submit that a better answer from a so-called Product Evangelist might be something to the effect that WHMCS were aware of the pressing need for for an update (in both function and features) and were working full speed on remedying this, together with a continuing commitment to working on improving the app and starting work on iOS8 before its release, not after we are all inconvenienced.

OK, so "mostly works" is "pretty good" is it? The most expensive app, by miles, of the many on my phone is one of the very few that has not been updated for iOS7 (or iOS6 either) and I should be satisfied with ""opens and runs for the most part"?

There's no need to get upset with me here. I only installed it today for the first time to see for myself the problems with it. I don't use it.

I submit that a better answer from a so-called Product Evangelist

There is no need for this sort of comment.

Please don't.

might be something to the effect that WHMCS were aware of the pressing need for for an update (in both function and features) and were working full speed on remedying this,

They are, certainly. Your comments lead me to believe that you think WHMCS is too busy and not had time to look into this issue, and work on resolving it. You'd be wrong if that was the case.

together with a continuing commitment to working on improving the app and starting work on iOS8 before its release, not after we are all inconvenienced.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having. I've looked into them myself, and confirmed them here. Thank you for the suggestions.

I've also confirmed this is being handled. I have no more details other than that at this time. If I did, you'd read them here, right now.

Everyone will have their opinion on Apple and Windows. I'm a Windows Server Engineer but love by Apple nevertheless. It all depends on the job that needs to be done.

Secondly we discussing the IOS 7 update that is not working for some including me. After I create a profile or click a existing one it just crashes back to main screen on iphone.

My post was not off topic at all... they did an OS update and blame WHMCS for the software no longer working.. O and Apple is worthless junk....

I hope you feel better getting that off your chest. Is there anything else? Get it out now as I'm about to ban you and I don't want you to miss the chance here.

I have to agree with the responses, certainly not in the tone of them but the meaning and reasoning behind them absolutely i concur. I have been an IOS user for several years now, some paid applications and many free.

There are thousands of free application developers that update their application regularly infact i have seen on occasion a bug fix get released within days of an update. If a free application can do it then so can whmcs. I am in the same position as one response, IWHMCS is by far the most expensive application i have purchased for IOS and i have to say i find it quite frustrating that the application is not being updated.

There have been many reports some dating back to 2012 that have not been fixed, this in my opinion is a very poor service from whmcs in this area. Of course you have other areas that are in progress, of course you have other updates that are in progress. But in my opinion if you are not going to maintain the application/services that you offer then you should refund all of the purchases of the no longer functioning service or offer those that wish to have it, the option to transfer over to your new mobile friendly system. One way of the other something needs doing and it needs doing promptly. I can only request that you update the application and bring it into line with the rest of the system, this is my preference but i dare say others may disagree with me. In any case which ever direction this is taken into, it needs to be done swiftly to resolve all of these issues, im not talking weeks or months (or years as it has been so far), I'm talking days or even hours.

Just so you know this isnt a put down of whmcs, as many will know from my previous posts i'm actually quite happy with the system and what it offers my business. Things like this just bring the whole service into disrepute and that is a shame.

I can only request that you update the application and bring it into line with the rest of the system, this is my preference but i dare say others may disagree with me.

Nobody disagrees on this I don't think. Something is being done about it too as I understand it.

Thanks for your feedback on this. I agree with you.

There are more than two years that the iPhone app of WHMCS doesn't receive any kind of update. Until when will keep it outdated?

It isn't compatible with the new iPhone 5 screen, it isn't compatible with the new iOS version *iOS 7* (ok, it was released recently). It's time to update it, no?

I updated a ticket I opened ages ago on a bug in iWHMCS (not all domains showing for a client) that had still not been fixed over a year later asking what was going on and if the product had been abandoned and their comment was that a fix for "ios7 issues" was coming soon and that the product was "not abandoned". Time will tell - it's poor to say the least. Am quite pleased we use Kayako for support as their app is.. well, passable.

That's what I've been told, that's why. :)

That's nice to hear. However, here is a very funny statement that Chris made in August, on this thread:

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?39890-iPhone-App-update&p=329966#post329966

Hello,

We're still working to have this published, and are very close. However due to Apple's recent hack attempt, the development center is down so our work has been halted.

https://developer.apple.com/support/system-status/

That was a good one! :D

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW the last update to this app was on December 9th, 2011:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/iwhmcs/id343647658?mt=8

I'm sorry, the humor there escapes me.

Let me be as clear as I can be here, unless you hear otherwise, there is movement on this situation. I don't have a release date or any other news for you on this right now. Work was halted, work does continue.

Also, I still dislike insults and attacks being posted on these forums and will handle them as I always do.

Please keep your comments on these forums professional and courteous.