Security patch

adamn

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm still new in WHMCS and I'm still not familiar with the features but I have received an email about the security issues. Can I ask something? How will I know the version of my WHMCS? so that I will know which patch will I use. Thanks!

Login to your admin and then go to Help - Check for Updates. There you have your whmcs installed version.

I still don't feel safe to proceed with the upgrade. Please someone can confirm that 5.1.3 to 5.1.4 has gone all right?.

This weekend will do the update, and I tell you my experience.

Regards

Login to your admin and then go to Help - Check for Updates. There you have your whmcs installed version.

I still don't feel safe to proceed with the upgrade. Please someone can confirm that 5.1.3 to 5.1.4 has gone all right?.

This weekend will do the update, and I tell you my experience.

Regards

AS Of NOW No.

Though Some Users Have Claimed to Have it Working. Im still looking for the proper patch.

I just Installed a FRESH Copy of whmcs v 5.1.4 ( Fresh Download from my Client Area ) and PayPal ISSUE STILL EXISTS.

We also have the paypal issue. I opened a ticket with WHMCS after paypal notified us of the issue. but I only received back a totally useless response from WHMCS support after nearly 15 hours. I updated their ticket again this morning and am still waiting on a response. (XQB-210606)

I can only assume they don't have a fix yet. It would be nice if they communicated better.

We also have the paypal issue. I opened a ticket with WHMCS after paypal notified us of the issue. but I only received back a totally useless response from WHMCS support after nearly 15 hours. I updated their ticket again this morning and am still waiting on a response. (XQB-210606)

I can only assume they don't have a fix yet. It would be nice if they communicated better.

And they Called it STABLE !

My Goodness.

The old domainchecker.php file (from 5.1.2) still works so I've uploaded that one. I make a living as a domain name registrar, so it's a very hairy situation.

I also have some customers that can't login. I've tested it and the login process takes several minutes. Very weird.

I opened a ticket with WHMCS after paypal notified us of the issue. but I only received back a totally useless response from WHMCS support after nearly 15 hours.

We have no response after 2 days.

The question for us now is: Can WHMCS fix all this stuff faster than we can locate an alternative solution and migrate to it? So while the guys here dig around to find reasonable alternatives, the devs over here have obtained API libraries for cPanel, eNom, PayPal, Stripe, and Authorize.net w/CIM - so maybe we'll build our own platform ( our needs are not complex so we don't need a bazillion bells and whistles ).

Unless of course somebody at WHMCS can get this snafu fixed quick....

Hi, I'm still new in WHMCS and I'm still not familiar with the features but I have received an email about the security issues. Can I ask something? How will I know the version of my WHMCS? so that I will know which patch will I use. Thanks!

If you visit the admin area of your WHMCS installation (i.e. http://example.net/whmcs/admin ), you can find the version by navigating to Help -> Check for Updates.

We are experiencing issues with v4.2.1 and Authorize.net. We have applied the latest patch (12mar2013patchv42) and now the system is not fully processing transactions. It appears that it's not receiving the response from authorize.net

If I manually attempt payment (under invoices), it's sending it to Authorize.net, but the response is not sent back to WHMCS. Once I click attempt payment, I hit a blank white page... but in my Authorize.net management interface I do see attempts being made.

This has created a headache, users can't signup, and now users who's payments are indeed successful are receiving overdue notices from the whmcs interface.

Edited by HD-Sam

I wouldn't upgrade to 5.2 yet, we did with our stable version of 5.13 and it killed it, had to repush the whole 5.22, tweak a bunch of stuff and got the site back up from the down for mtce error, now we just can't login to admin. Day later no response to ticket so thinking about doing a full roll-back and lesson learned about updates with whmcs.

BUT and everyone should remember - this is the BEST package out there. Kudos to great software - pressure creates diamonds :)

I wouldn't upgrade to 5.2 yet, we did with our stable version of 5.13 and it killed it, had to repush the whole 5.22, tweak a bunch of stuff and got the site back up from the down for mtce error, now we just can't login to admin. Day later no response to ticket so thinking about doing a full roll-back and lesson learned about updates with whmcs.

Can you please advise the ticket number?

Noticing a couple of bugs with the security patch 5.1.4. First there's the Paypal issue that most others seem to be having. Then there's an issue update of exchange rates. Since the 5.1.4 patch has been applied exchange rates have not been printed with on the cronjob report. I'm not sure at this moment if it in fact updating or not. Cron produces the report pud doesn't state the exchange rate.

Updated Currency Exchange Rates

Updated Product Pricing for Current Exchange Rates  <-- shows no rate

Since upgrading from 5.1.2 to 5.1.4 I've been experiencing Credit Card's declining when running the nightly Cron with Authorize.Net with the error of "Duplicate Invoice ID" even though when I process it manually it works fine.

Has anyone else experienced this, reviewed their Gateway log at nights?

The new order process in 4.4.2 is broken since applying the patch. No payment is processed after the customer enters their credit card details.

The only solution offered by WHMCS Support is to upgrade to version 5.2. If that's the only solution, why was a patch even released for version 4.4.2?

Ticket ID: #LTT-299024