Security patch

adamn

The key question which should be answered by one of the techs is what do you do if you are running version 5.1.3 or later?

There was no mention of those versions at all. At the least, they should have said something, even if 'No action is required for versions 5.1.x or later'. :(

The patched labeled 5.1.4 is the patch for version 5.1.3/5.1.2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i always make a backup of the config file before uploading, so i just went back to it. thanks I figured it was a mistake including it but figured i would check.

You need to remove the configuration.php file before uploading the patch, it looks like they included it by mistake. If you already uploaded it to your server, you will need to restore your configuration.php file from backup.

Updated from 5.1.3 to 5.1.4 (security patch) and PayPal IPN is now broken :(

Invoices remain unpaid despite the customer's payment.

I just downgrade and everything works again properly.

Any solutions ?

Has This been Fixed ?

Im having the Exact Issue.

I'm running 5.1.3 right now, and I'm having afraid about this update can break something.

creaty, you got some solution about your problem from the support team?

Anyone updating from 5.1.3 had some other issue?

Regards

We are in the same boat Friend. Any One Got a Solution ?

My Clients Cant Pay Me. It has been the worst day for business.

but they did yesterday, the downloads have been fixed ... if you note post #22 by mynameislee which came after my initial report of the problem, they fixed the files and removed the offending file.

but with my checking,the Security patch files do not include configuration.php.

I submitted a ticket a day ago. Got one response saying to load the security patch. So I did. It broke WHMCS with "License Checking Error". Discovered they released a new patch so I loaded that. Still can't access the dashboard, and my customers cannot receive invoices or pay for their services. I'm about to have a serious customer support nightmare.

Ticket is #DHY-478427

Anybody available to review the ticket and fix the 2 issues cited therein?

Chris,

I'd like to suggest that in future, WHMCS notify customers of any OOOPs' !

What about those of us that patched our installations and were not aware you guys made an OOOps?

Surely such a blunder by WHMCS is worth letting customers know via the same method as the original alert?

Cheers,

Paul

Hi, I'm still new in WHMCS and I'm still not familiar with the features but I have received an email about the security issues. Can I ask something? How will I know the version of my WHMCS? so that I will know which patch will I use. Thanks!

login your whmcs,at left part,you would find it.

I'm arguing with one of the devs in a ticket about why it's important to increment version #s when you release a new new patch and it's crazy that they don't feel the same way. How do we know if auto installers like softaculous are running 5.1.4 patch A or 5.1.4 patch B for example? This product can make our break any of our businesses and we need to know we're running the lastest version and any customer who is running it on our servers is also running the latest version.

I started MD5ing every download for WHMCS a long time ago and versioning internally... Made it a lot easier when there were multiple patches. Sadly, and I agree with you, we shouldn't have to go to this end just to see if we're running the latest patch(es).