Not impressed with 5.1.2 so far, quite dissapointed.

ADz83

In previous version there was a widget that I used at top of Admin area that showed at a glance amount of...

New Orders Today:

Pending Orders:

Support Tickets:

Overdue Invoices:

etc:

Now that is gone and there isnt a way to see this at a glance like we could used to. New version was supposed to be an improvemt but its been opsite for me as various things I liked using are now simply non existsent.

Another thin is the calendar which I used to like using because I could see all my services and months payment amounts at a glance in one place and that has now also been removed (or not included).

I'm quite tempted to just roll back and stay on previous release. Would that be possible or has their been any changes to sql that would cause issues?

[EDIT]

Found a screen on google of the widget im referring to (orders/statistics)..........

whmcs_manageclients_1.jpg

• WHMCS CEO

Sorry to hear you are disappointed with some aspects of the update.

However the New Orders Today stat is still shown via the Orders Overview graph, The Awaiting Reply Tickets are displayed in the red bar at the top of the homepage, and the Pending Orders & Overdue Tickets are displayed in the template header.

Of course though, if you really liked the System Overview widget of the previous version, then you can certainly keep that - widgets are version independant so you can upload the system_overview.php widget in the /modules/widgets/ folder from the previous version.

Matt

I also just installed it and must say I liked the old version better (5.0.3)

The way the graphs (google analytics style) are made are not as clear as the bar graphics from the previous version.

Also the way the dates are written are very confusing: 1th, 2th, 3th and that up and down the line

I am also missing the REPORTS > GRAPHS section. I viewed these every day and now they are gone?

Also the buttons that are used in the admin section of Support tickets and Client summary are a bit too big in my opinion. The version 5.0.3 was better too look at. It was not so crowded and full in the screen.

I cannot say anything more yet because I just installed it today... but my conclusion is the previous version looked better.

He already told you guys how to fix the widget. If you won't help your self now, don't complain.

Of course though, if you really liked the System Overview widget of the previous version, then you can certainly keep that - widgets are version independant so you can upload the system_overview.php widget in the /modules/widgets/ folder from the previous version.

• WHMCS CEO
I am also missing the REPORTS > GRAPHS section. I viewed these every day and now they are gone?

The reports area has been re-vamped to combine both textual reports and graphs, to help more easily visualise the data you are seeing, and so all the graphs are still there, you will just find them combined with the data in reports such as the Annual Income Report, Monthly Transactions, Monthly Orders, etc...

Matt

The reports area has been re-vamped to combine both textual reports and graphs, to help more easily visualise the data you are seeing, and so all the graphs are still there, you will just find them combined with the data in reports such as the Annual Income Report, Monthly Transactions, Monthly Orders, etc...

Matt

Hey,

Regarding to this post and to my thread. I want to change back to the old graphs that based on GD - how can I do that?

Thanks!

I also just installed it and must say I liked the old version better (5.0.3)

The way the graphs (google analytics style) are made are not as clear as the bar graphics from the previous version.

Also the way the dates are written are very confusing: 1th, 2th, 3th and that up and down the line

Also the buttons that are used in the admin section of Support tickets and Client summary are a bit too big in my opinion. The version 5.0.3 was better too look at. It was not so crowded and full in the screen.

I cannot say anything more yet because I just installed it today... but my conclusion is the previous version looked better.

Same here. The trouble is I updated from version 4.3. No widgets then. My first impression - as a web and graphic designer - I do not like 5.1.2. Overall, WHMCS shows no common design theme.

1) I would prefer the old Admin Overview. Why is there a delay to receive data? Even if you can turn off many display options, the page appears to be cluttered and not well organized, you are not able to move the windows to your liking. I will miss specifically the monthly new order bar graph which gave me a visual comparison to last years orders. Also, the new italic fonts of the report graphics (also on the reports page) are not readable. Who played with those?

2) We often use the Email Templates Setup page. Somebody was Button Crazy (also on the Reports page!), what a waste of screen real estate. Your eyes are moving left, right, up and down to find what you are looking for. Why not stick to the simple former listing (v4.3) line by line? Even on a high resolution monitor, now you have to scroll down to see all your email templates. The same for the reports on the reports page! In both cases, the result a design flaw, the page size does not match the WHMCS sidebar in height.

3) Why did somebody take out the inline editor of the email templates. You were able to see the changed template in a browser view and switch back to the HTML source if needed. Was there a licensing issue? When did this change? In Version 5.1.2 the Enable/Disable Rich-Text Editor button does not work.

4) Most of our clients here in the US pay in USD. Today I searched a German client with business in Poland by Client Name per the Advanced Search in the WHMCS sidebar. He did not show up. If I go to -> Clients -> Fill in the same Client Name and change the Currency to EUR, guess what, yeah there he is! No problem like that in WHMCS 4.3.

5) Also, third party program modules used in Version 4.3 like the Kadeo Partial Paypal Payment module will not work in Version 5.1.2.

I guess a rollback requires restoring the 4.3 related database with no Registrar synch option. Manually adding three new clients, rewriting invoices, several domain transfers etc. What a hassle.

Sorry to hear you are disappointed with some aspects of the update.

However the New Orders Today stat is still shown via the Orders Overview graph, The Awaiting Reply Tickets are displayed in the red bar at the top of the homepage, and the Pending Orders & Overdue Tickets are displayed in the template header.

Matt

Thanks but that doesnt work.

I renamed old system_overview.php to system_overview2.php and uploaded version from 5.0.3, I then got blank screen for admin area. I then deleted system_overview2.php and admin screen came back but no system overview widget is there and the support ticket overview is now blank.

Can you please release a update or fix asap.

[EDIT]

Scratch that, its worked now :)

Thanks.

Edited by ADz83

So SLOW, as you have to wait for the Graphs to load before you can do anything...

I would like to bring back the old graphs, how can I do this.

I have already brought back the System Overview, which is great by the way.

Thx

Nev

yes i like to bring back the old one also very slow

So there are other people finding the widgets slow!! I thought it might have just been me and that there was something needing to be done with my server.

I started this thread here about the the slowness with a response from WHMCS. For me its taking 10 or so seconds before the widgets load which block access to anything else.

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?50930-really-slow-ajax-in-admin-front-page-and-modern-cart

The new admin summary is pretty useless now. The only customizable part is rearranging the widgets. It would be great if I can remove (not just hide) certain widgets and add new widgets (such as monthly new orders bar graph, and Annual Income Report graph)

Go to Setup->Administrator Roles and turn off the widgets that you dont want displayed for each role type.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I have to say I disagree here. 5.1 looks pretty decent compared to the older versions. The only flaw I've found is the fact that invoice searching is pretty much dead now. Instead of pulling up the actual invoice like it did previously (when given a #), it will pull up a list of invoices. When you've got a good # of invoices, that can be bad.

Matt. How to get monthly orders graph from 5.0? In the new one I don't have graph..

agreed, I REALLY liked this graph and want it back. also the line graphs are much less useful than the bar graphs you had before, how can we go back to bar graphs.