Resource Abuse Monitor

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i wonder about the legalities about decompiling the code since their is no license server anymore, I would assume this is still frowned upon though :(

i have a owned license that is no good to me anymore, all their preaching about how theirs just works, works great now >.<

This is a damn shame, as this was a very useful plugin. I sincerely hope that he will resurface, but I see that it's been a while since he's been online at the forums also. Not really a good sign that the domain is registered through an anonymity service either....

Another lesson learned and this will indeed be the last time we purchase a plugin that is encoded and requires contact with a licensing server without any ways of being able to use the plugin if the licensing server stops working or the own pulls the plug.

• 4 months later...
I got the WHMCS Gold module working a while back and fixed up many errors in it. Although when I got a dedicated server, I decided to use CloudLinux instead since it's integrated into cPanel better

yes CloudLinux is better integrated, but if anyone uses Openvz then they cant use CloudLinux as this is not available for Openvz systems as yet

Dear ,

Unfortunatly, we don't support OpenVZ. We do support Xen, KVM, VMware and other hypervizor based virtual servers.

Regards,

Igor Seletskiy

CEO @ Cloud Linux Inc

• 2 weeks later...

So I guess this product has been terminated by lack of ownership, as I liked it during its short life.

Glad I did not purchase a owned licenses as there is no more server to validate the licenses anymore. I tried to go to the website that does not exist anymore! Too bad!

So I guess this product has been terminated by lack of ownership, as I liked it during its short life.

Glad I did not purchase a owned licenses as there is no more server to validate the licenses anymore. I tried to go to the website that does not exist anymore! Too bad!

true and James has not been on here fopr a while as his profile states "Last Activity: 09-12-11 07:19 AM"

according to http://whois.domaintools.com/gg-webhosting.net the site is stil registered and active

http://www.intodns.com/gg-webhosting.net shows DNS issues

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
He is still a registered member, his website is still listed as active but shows DNS errors, so he may only be taking a break or could be ill and suddenly reappear again

There's DNS errors, and then there's DNS errors that indicate the server is down/moved/bill-not-paid without changing the DNS records. I'd say this is the latter.

• 1 month later...
well i wonder about the legalities about decompiling the code since their is no license server anymore, I would assume this is still frowned upon though :(

i have a owned license that is no good to me anymore, all their preaching about how theirs just works, works great now >.<

Yeah. The owner was a major arrogant cock.

I bought the license etc and it was "okay" but only for them a few days after I installed it they send me an email ordering me to submit my passport and other privileged information to them so they could "verify" who I was.

Yeah sure buddy. Send me yours and i will send you mine. Give me encrypted code which access core details on my server without knowing who you are?

Uninstalled the code right off and told them to stick it where the sun dont shine.

Probably he was taking his clients information and doing identity theft selling the information to fraudsters and is in jail now.

Could not happen to a nicer guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, so much for this being an actively supported and updated module. shame his actions were not as cock sure as his fingers appeared to be.

Well, thats another one bitten the dust, Truth be told i fail to see why they even bother, do as i do and just release it open sourced and FREE. this way it can be developed by anybody.

Oh on the subject of licensing, and whether you should decompile it. Far be it for me to advocate an illegal act, i would get some legal advice before doing anything, but i believe since this guy has turned to coin his phrase into "vapourware" along with the licensing server, he has breached the license he sold it under, i would consider this an act of license termination. you could well decode it and rip out the licensing parts simply due to the fact he is failing to provide the service paid for, assuming you paid