Resource Abuse Monitor

A useful review and warning about this product:

1) They provide no money back guarantee, on anything, and do not clearly state this upfront

I find this rather unsettling. If they want to insist they no refunds will be provided, they should state this upfront clearly as most buyers would be used to having a money back guarantee especially on such a complex software. The reason they don is because they know it will hurt sales. So if you want to try just go for the monthly option at least that way if id doesn't work out for you only the first month's payment is burned.

2) Installation is fairly complex and not suitable for inexperienced webmasters

You need to take a look at all the basic requirements that your server must have in order to install this. Even if you pay for all the installation fees, the staff will stop work as soon as they encounter some incompatibility and ask you to go fix it first. Hiring them to make your server compatible is by a very expensive hourly rate.

I'm still testing out the actual software, and will let you guys know how it has worked out so far.

Overall I think its great that they developed this, but I cannot quite agree with the business practices. Imagine how you would feel like if you cannot finish the installation process due to inexperience setting up your server to meet their minimum requirements, only to find out that you can't get your money back either.

It's a win-lose situation, and you will lose. Just a warning.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to take a look at all the basic requirements that your server must have in order to install this. Even if you pay for all the installation fees, the staff will stop work as soon as they encounter some incompatibility and ask you to go fix it first. Hiring them to make your server compatible is by a very expensive hourly rate.

I'm still testing out the actual software, and will let you guys know how it has worked out so far.

Overall I think its great that they developed this, but I cannot quite agree with the business practices. Imagine how you would feel like if you cannot finish the installation process due to inexperience setting up your server to meet their minimum requirements, only to find out that you can't get your money back either.

well i dont thinks its that complex to install. i installed this in no time at all and it works fine

A useful review and warning about this product:

1) They provide no money back guarantee, on anything, and do not clearly state this upfront

I find this rather unsettling. If they want to insist they no refunds will be provided, they should state this upfront clearly as most buyers would be used to having a money back guarantee especially on such a complex software. The reason they don is because they know it will hurt sales. So if you want to try just go for the monthly option at least that way if id doesn't work out for you only the first month's payment is burned.

Our policies are quite clearly stated, of which you had agreed to. We offer the first month for roughly $0.53 USD for a reason. You know what they say about assumptions don't you? We provide exactly what we say we do. We do not claim to offer something which we don't.

As was stated to you in your tickets, for example, we provide installation of our software; nothing more, nothing less. Just because our software lists Linux OS as a requirement does not imply that we will install your OS for you. There are a certain set of requirements, and your system(s) must meet them. Of course we will not proceed with installation until it does. Why would you expect otherwise? We can not properly install it if you do not meet the requirements.

well i dont thinks its that complex to install. i installed this in no time at all and it works fine

I guess that this is as good a time as any to mention... We are working on finalizing a centralized system, as requested by a number of users, for v3.0 which will mean setting the WHM plugin settings within the WHMCS addon module's configuration area; rather than having to update each and every WHM plugin installation individually when you want to update your limits, for example.

Edited by GGWH-James

Yeah right, look at the page: https://gg-webhosting.net/cart.php?gid=9

Where does it say "We do not offer a money back guarantee."

We were actually interested in purchasing more stuff, but your policies are a complete turn off. Your software is encrypted and licensed by the way, so why worry about offering a money back guarantee? We wont be able to use if once we get a refund anyway.

Installation services performed are not refundable, that's ok and most people will understand that. But complex proprietary software should not have a catch that traps the customer. If your billing policies are non-standard you should mention them clearly, before the purchase is made.

Again, if you think you are right, I challenge you to put that statement up front right before the order button, NOT inside the terms and conditions or knowledgebase.

I'm just letting you know how I felt and my experience, but Im sure you will have another smart reply to my email. You can ignore a customer's feedback if you want and continue with what you think is right. Legally you are right of course, but not ethically.

And yes, it is complex and frustrating maybe not for WHMCS developers, but for the average user like me.

Where does it say "We do not offer a money back guarantee."

Where does it say, "We offer a money back gauarantee"? Where, anywhere on our Web site, do you see anything (graphic, textual, or otherwise) stating that we offer a money back guarantee?

NOT inside the terms and conditions

Obvisouly, the terms and conditions would be the last place to look for terms and conditions.

Legally you are right of course, but not ethically.

It's unehtical that we do not offer something which we do not state that we do? It's unethical that we don't falsely advertise offering something which we don't? It's unehtincal that we won't setup an entire server environment for the mere cost of a single software installation? :roll:

Edited by GGWH-James

If any product/service is purchased online or over the telephone then in the Uk we have the sales of goods/services act and the distance selling regulations which gives a buyer a 7 day colling off period where they can claim a full refund withing 7 days of reciving the item, I dare say their are simular acts in the USA to where a cooling off period is allowed when making non face to face transactions

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say i have been very happy with the product and does what it says on the box well done James and Team. There has been lots of upgrades since i purchased my copy last year, and due to workload i opted for the GGWH team to install it for me. I have to say that the speed they got it completed was fantastic and well done.

I just need to warn you of their terms and conditions hidden away, OK I will rephrase I clearly didn't get to the bit I am about to mention when I was purchasing.

I guess they have been at the receiving end of fraud and now they will ask you once the service has been installed, and please note this is after everything is up and running they insist on Government Photo ID and a sign off of the work. The sign off is a little inconvenient but the copy of a passport or driving licence for a paid installation is a little overboard. I have been a customer for some while now but i have been told if I don't comply the purchase I made last year will be disabled.

Again the product and customer service is brilliant and don't want to put you off them in any way but bear in mind that you will get the following demands after the work or purchase has been made.

Greg

I have to say i have been very happy with the product and does what it says on the box well done James and Team. There has been lots of upgrades since i purchased my copy last year, and due to workload i opted for the GGWH team to install it for me. I have to say that the speed they got it completed was fantastic and well done.

I just need to warn you of their terms and conditions hidden away, OK I will rephrase I clearly didn't get to the bit I am about to mention when I was purchasing.

I guess they have been at the receiving end of fraud and now they will ask you once the service has been installed, and please note this is after everything is up and running they insist on Government Photo ID and a sign off of the work. The sign off is a little inconvenient but the copy of a passport or driving licence for a paid installation is a little overboard. I have been a customer for some while now but i have been told if I don't comply the purchase I made last year will be disabled.

Again the product and customer service is brilliant and don't want to put you off them in any way but bear in mind that you will get the following demands after the work or purchase has been made.

Greg

As that are not a legal authority or a goverment run department they cannot demand that you provide Government Photo ID to them. i think their local law enforcement department will be very interested in this practice.

Looking over this post i want to clarify a few points, as it may read incorrectly:-

gg Web Hosting are not doing anything illegal, they are not trying to * anyone, and not trying to defraud anybody. (They are trying to avoid fraud like all of us)

Regarding the terms and conditions, and to be fair if i am being adult about this i am in the wrong.

By accepting the terms, myself and gg Web Hosting have entered into a contract. We are both bound by whats in those terms, and just because i chose not to bother to read the terms and conditions before i accpted them, doesnt make me any less bound by them.

Again i want to really stress the service and the product is fantastic and i highly recommend it.

Looking over this post i want to clarify a few points, as it may read incorrectly:-

gg Web Hosting are not doing anything illegal, they are not trying to * anyone, and not trying to defraud anybody. (They are trying to avoid fraud like all of us)

Regarding the terms and conditions, and to be fair if i am being adult about this i am in the wrong.

By accepting the terms, myself and gg Web Hosting have entered into a contract. We are both bound by whats in those terms, and just because i chose not to bother to read the terms and conditions before i accpted them, doesnt make me any less bound by them.

Again i want to really stress the service and the product is fantastic and i highly recommend it.

the authorities do not know if they want these detaisl to defraud and what happens after they get this information. i am in the the UK and i know that this is not allowed as i was informed i could not request such details.

the authorities do not know if they want these detaisl to defraud and what happens after they get this information. i am in the the UK and i know that this is not allowed as i was informed i could not request such details.

You were misinformed, it certainly is allowed to request additional details and/or proof of ID (and in many industries is standard practice) - what you do with such information, how you protect/secure it, and where it can be stored etc is regulated and controlled under the DPA.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have any positive experience using this plugin?

I tried buying whmcsgold.com but it was a waste of time as its no longer available or supported.

I am off to buy the monthly version to try this GG plugin out and if its any good the owned version.

We are using this module and it is miles ahead of the whmcsgold module. Active developer and great support. I have no problems recommending this module.

Once we have a version ready that can be offered to your resellers for use within their own WHMCS installations, and have added some other features/enhancements, we're considering working on support for other control panels; in addition to cPanel/WHM. What other control panels (i.e. DirectAdmin) would you like to see supported? We will work toward adding support in order of the most requested first.

We are using this module and it is miles ahead of the whmcsgold module. Active developer and great support. I have no problems recommending this module.

I have just taken the monthly license for one of my servers and asked GG to install it for me.

I am very impressed so far with their tech support. Polite, Professional and fast.

The plugin is installed and functioning now on my whmcs and on one of my servers and immediately I can see some users with several hundred thousands of inodes, this in itself is a great help.

I will see over the next week how and when it catches abusers. I am very confident this is going to be a very useful tool.

For anyone complaining about the price, my only comment would be...

"stay in the playground with the other kiddies and when you are ready to go into the grown up world of hosting use this plugin, it will save your arse"

The one time license of $397 or $28 per month is nothing compared to the hours/days you will spend trying to find the source of abusers on your server.

So far, thumbs up for GG Abuse Meter.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now cancelled my license with GG.

I was sent the following message a couple of days after they installed everything.

We have, in good faith, fulfilled your order (0000) and added a note to its invoice (0000). Please print this invoice as found at https://gg-webhosting.net/dl.php?type=0000&id=0000 It must be signed where indicated, scanned, and returned to us as an attachment to this ticket. This is only required for the initial invoice of an order. Subsequent recurring invoices, if any, will not have this requirement.

If you are a new client and/or have yet to do so, you also need to provide a photo/scan of both sides (front and back) of a valid (non-expired) piece of photo ID (i.e. driver license, identity card, etc.) issued by a government (i.e. local/municipal, provincial/state, or federal/national) authority. This information is to be provided to us by no later than 2011-03-14T17:32:04+0100. Failure to comply may result in suspension and/or termination. If service is terminated due to non-compliance, there may be an additional fee for reactivation.

I did not send the information so they suspended the plugin like they promised.

Its a bit of an arrogant policy in my opinion. Microsoft does not ask me for "government issued photo id" to use their software, I dont see why a small company in Canada needs to, especially after they have banked my money.

Let me also add that the plugin is encrypted so I as the end user, the paying customer, I have no idea what code they are putting on my server, I just have to trust them that the code they are installing is not malicious.

Dont get me wrong, the plugin is not bad, its a bit crude in presentation in some places, but does work with WHMCS and sends out the emails to the clients informing them about resource usage etc. If you really need to cap the abuse on your server and dont have the technical prowess to write your own abuse monitoring system, this plugin pays for itself in no time

But like I said, giving out my personal documentation to someone I dont know, is not for me, therefore I will find another way to do resource monitoring.

I have now cancelled my license with GG.

I was sent the following message a couple of days after they installed everything.

I did not send the information so they suspended the plugin like they promised.

Its a bit of an arrogant policy in my opinion. Microsoft does not ask me for "government issued photo id" to use their software, I dont see why a small company in Canada needs to, especially after they have banked my money.

Let me also add that the plugin is encrypted so I as the end user, the paying customer, I have no idea what code they are putting on my server, I just have to trust them that the code they are installing is not malicious.

Dont get me wrong, the plugin is not bad, its a bit crude in presentation in some places, but does work with WHMCS and sends out the emails to the clients informing them about resource usage etc. If you really need to cap the abuse on your server and dont have the technical prowess to write your own abuse monitoring system, this plugin pays for itself in no time

But like I said, giving out my personal documentation to someone I dont know, is not for me, therefore I will find another way to do resource monitoring.

If you didn't agree with our policies, you shouldn't have completed your order. Thinking that you would go ahead and order it anyway, signifying your acceptance of those policies, with no intention of actually complying with them... there's a word for that. Attempting to shift focus from the real issue (your failure to comply with the policies to which you agreed)... there's another word for that.

Our policies aren't exactly cryptic and you don't need a decoder ring to understand them. There have been other posts in this thread alone about this very policy and we have no intention of changing it anytime soon. If you don't agree with our policies, don't order/use our products/services... Really, it's as easy as that. We have our policies for our reason(s). Nobody had a gun to your head forcing you to click that "Complete Order" button; and if there was, it wasn't us.

Edited by GGWH-James

Apparently, 'easyhosting' is becoming synonymous with 'troll'.

i am clearly stating a true fact

you are asking for personal sensitive documenst that even large organisations DONT ask for.

and your whois details are hidden and you dont have any address etc. on your website which is just the portal theme of WHMCS

If you didn't agree with our policies, you shouldn't have completed your order. Thinking that you would go ahead and order it anyway, signifying your acceptance of those policies, with no intention of actually complying with them... there's a word for that. Attempting to shift focus from the real issue (your failure to comply with the policies to which you agreed)... there's another word for that.

Our policies aren't exactly cryptic and you don't need a decoder ring to understand them. There have been other posts in this thread alone about this very policy and we have no intention of changing it anytime soon. If you don't agree with our policies, don't order/use our products/services... Really, it's as easy as that. We have our policies for our reason(s). Nobody had a gun to your head forcing you to click that "Complete Order" button; and if there was, it wasn't us.

By the tone of your response James, I think I should have included condescension as well as arrogance in my initial statement. Your level of disrespect and misunderstanding of customers is appalling.

Suggesting I do not need a "decoder ring" to understand your policies is an insult to me as a current client and if the rest of your response above is any indication of how you handle public relations then you obviously have little regard to the reputation of your company. Implying that intelligent customers are inept and telling the to like it or shut up is not a great way to maintain client relations.

Looking through this thread, I really think you rate yourself a bit too high in terms of your value against what you provide and seems you regard clients who give you feedback a nuisance and you in turn start insulting them.

I have to say, that if what you are stating is the way your company operates, then I would advise caution to anyone considering to use this product unless they dont mind being strong armed into the absurd policies that are laid down.