Resource Abuse Monitor

The much awaited, and requested, version which can be utilized by resellers is expected to be released over the coming weeks. There are two ways in which we can license this version:

1. The upstream provider orders it as an addon and can then offer it as a value-add to their resellers or charge them whatever they want to use it.
  2. The reseller themselves order it directly from us.

In either case, the upstream provider would have to have the full version installed in their WHMCS in order for a reseller to be able to actually use the reseller version. Based upon prior feedback, requests, and suggestions, we're leaning toward making it available as an addon for the upstream provider. They can then choose to either include it with their reseller plan(s) as a value-add at no additional cost to their reseller(s) or charge them whatever they want as an addon to their own package(s).

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as all of that sounds cool, I'm still stuck on the 2.0.9 version due to the ioncube 4.x.x loaders being needed :(

Is there any particular reason that you don't update your ionCube Loader? v3.x.x loaders are considered legacy. The v4.x.x loader is only required for the Apache version of PHP on the server which your WHMCS is installed to. The cPanel version of PHP only requires v3.1.x of the Loader.

Is there any particular reason that you don't update your ionCube Loader? v3.x.x loaders are considered legacy. The v4.x.x loader is only required for the Apache version of PHP on the server which your WHMCS is installed to. The cPanel version of PHP only requires v3.1.x of the Loader.

Upgrading on my server itself was not a problem, and I got that end working, but because I host my WHMCS installation on a reseller account and don't have root access, the host have not upgraded the ioncube loaders on their end and are still using the version that cPanel has loaded.

Also, I think it also broke other plugins that have been encrypted with older versions of ioncube :(

Upgrading on my server itself was not a problem, and I got that end working, but because I host my WHMCS installation on a reseller account and don't have root access, the host have not upgraded the ioncube loaders on their end and are still using the version that cPanel has loaded.

Also, I think it also broke other plugins that have been encrypted with older versions of ioncube :(

cPanel has stated on their Web site that they will be updating EasyApache shortly to v4.x.x of the ionCube Loader as they realized they were somewhat behind with it; case #44492 and case #44493. So hopefully, they'll get that done soon and your host will have the latest loader via cPanel.

The v4 ionCube Loader is backwards compatible. We have other software (WHMCS, for example) which is encoded with the legacy encoder and have no issue with any of them on any of our servers; all of which have v3.1.x loaders for the cPanel version of PHP and v4.x.x for the Apache version of PHP.

Edited by GGWH-James

cPanel has stated on their Web site that they will be updating EasyApache shortly to v4.x.x of the ionCube Loader as they realized they were somewhat behind with it; case #44492 and case #44493. So hopefully, they'll get that done soon and your host will have the latest loader via cPanel.

The v4 ionCube Loader is backwards compatible. We have other software (WHMCS, for example) which is encoded with the legacy encoder and have no issue with any of them on any of our servers; all of which have v3.1.x loaders for the cPanel version of PHP and v4.x.x for the Apache version of PHP.

Yea, I saw as I'm watching the threads on the cPanel forums, but they are not exactly the fastest in getting features updated, etc. :(

Yea, I saw as I'm watching the threads on the cPanel forums, but they are not exactly the fastest in getting features updated, etc. :(

Agreed; that they most definitely are not. At least they have it in the pipeline now though. The ionCube Loader can be manually updated in the interim, but your upstream would have to do it though as you don't have root access on that server.

Agreed; that they most definitely are not. At least they have it in the pipeline now though. The ionCube Loader can be manually updated in the interim, but your upstream would have to do it though as you don't have root access on that server.

I've contacted my reseller host again to see if they will update it for me 8)

There should be a new release by the end of the week. Aside from that though, we are now offering an AlphaSSL (Wildcard) certificate free with the purchase of or upgrade to an Owned license.

Once your order's completed, and payment has been made, a unique promotional code will be automatically generated for the value of a 1-year AlphaSSL (Wildcard) certificate. The equivalent discount can then be applied toward any GlobalSign certificate(s) that we offer. The promotional code is good for one use only and can only be used by the person who it was originally issued to.

v3.20, which is mostly a maintenance release, was released yesterday. While this release contains several changes, the biggest is probably the changes which were made to the WHM plugin cron tasks. These changes should eliminate the need for shell_exec to be enabled for your Apache version of PHP.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

... This software looks absolutely sexy. (Well, inasmuch as it can be, haha)

Those of you that complained about ID requirements: Shut up, seriously. I can understand why they'd request it, as oftentimes there'll be scammers and spammers attempting to use someone else's funds to pay for hosting.

I used to work at Hostgator and at the time, saw many attempts to slip past HG's anti-fraud system.

And now that I have my own company... I require the same thing for the same reason, since I would rather ensure customers' funds stay safe, and their identity not be stolen.

We typically destroy photo copies of IDs once we're able to verify that you are who you say you are and make a note in your account that you'd been verified.

Anyways, I'm getting way off topic.

James: I'd buy the owned version, but right now, I cannot afford to as I've got multiple things going on. However, as soon as I can, I will go ahead and purchase the owned version of this software, as I like to cut out as much bills as possible.

I do have a question though: Once you've owned it, do you charge for support yearly like WHMCS does?

Edit: I don't think I've seen it, but is it somehow possible to monitor SQL usage? (Postgresql, MySQL, etc?)

Don't worry about responding here, I'm not too concerned about the speed of responses via forum.

I do have a question though: Once you've owned it, do you charge for support yearly like WHMCS does?

With the Owned license, you can use it forever without need for renewal. However, you will only receive support and updates for the first year. After the first year, you would need to renew your Support & Updates addon in order to continue to receive support and/or obtain the latest release.

Edit: I don't think I've seen it, but is it somehow possible to monitor SQL usage? (Postgresql, MySQL, etc?)

With the release of v3.30, we started to implement support for MySQL monitoring. If there was demand for other databases, etc. we'd consider adding support in future releases. Feature requests are always welcomed to our development team, but we can't guarantee that every request will be implemented though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I guess it's just a waiting game for now, either way if their site is not back up by the 17th it looks like I'll be cancelling my subscription for the abuse meter. I ain't paying for something that won't work any more...

those of us with owned licenses are just out of luck i guess? i'm tired of all these mods i have paid for that are now no good because the site has gone down.

i agree with snowman, it should be a REQUIREMENT from whmcs that if the remote server is down they must allow the mod.

its just not right....

those of us with owned licenses are just out of luck i guess? i'm tired of all these mods i have paid for that are now no good because the site has gone down.

i agree with snowman, it should be a REQUIREMENT from whmcs that if the remote server is down they must allow the mod.

its just not right....

I feel sorry for those who own licenses with them, I honestly thought that their local key system and apparant remote licensing checks (or whatever they called it) would prevent this whenever their servers were to go down...but apparently not