Resource Abuse Monitor

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question was based on you saying you developed the addon first for yourself in house. So I presumed the defaults were what worked for you. Just looking for some guidance on what would be good to work with.

-Roger

The inode limits would really depend upon the sepcific server as the total max can vary. Once you've checked the max for the particular server, you would need to determine the percentage you want to allow for the user accounts.

For example:

Maximum Inodes for the Server: 250,000,000

Total to Allocate to Users: 150,000,000 (60% of Total)

User Accounts on the Server: 50

Maximum Inodes per Account: 3,000,000

Maximum Inodes for Backup: Depends upon your server specs; the more inodes (i.e. files, folders), the more resources are used while a user is performing a backup through cPanel

It really depends upon the particular server.

Edited by GGWH-James

great module....

and most importantly the support (while i was installing it) was superb...

if you are new to this hosting business like me :) though their support i installed this module to my WHMCS and WHM/CPANEL with such an ease like i was installing media player on my PC :)

recommended A++

First, I'd like to thank you all who are using this package for your continued support. As most of you will know, we definitely take all user suggestions into consideration, implementing those that we feel would enhance the product ASAP.

We're working on some features for v3.0.0, such as a daemon; eliminating the need for the majority of the cron tasks and increasing the ability, flexibility, and performance of the monitor. However, there is no ETR for v3.0.0 as of yet. Not for a bit though, I wouldn't think.

Second, we have just made v2.0.4 available for download. Current users will receive an e-mail shortly regarding the new version, but you can download it from your client area on our Web site.

Edited by GGWH-James

Well, I ordered the module the other day, after starting to set it up, I ran into a few problems so I submitted a support ticket about them.

All I can say is that thanks to James, they have all been resolved within 24 hours, and I have now been able to make the style switch to users without a problem.

I look forward to seeing this module expand & improve as I think it's just what every host needs 8)

v2.0.5 is available for download now :)

Yes, v2.0.5 was released with some bug-fixes and display enhancements; among other things.

Well, I ordered the module the other day, after starting to set it up, I ran into a few problems so I submitted a support ticket about them.

All I can say is that thanks to James, they have all been resolved within 24 hours, and I have now been able to make the style switch to users without a problem.

I look forward to seeing this module expand & improve as I think it's just what every host needs 8)

We do pride ourselves on our support policies. We try our best to provide the best support possible, and more. Of course, we do have to set boundaries at some point, but will do our best help with what we can though. However, in this case, there were a couple of bugs; which we promptly squashed, and an update released for, when notified of them.

We were not going to release our next revision for another week or so, but due to an issue which was affecting select users, we have decided to release v2.0.6 tonight with the fix. The new release can be downloaded from your client area, and as always, changes are noted within the change log. There were only 2 files modified with this revision, so updating will be rather painless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the holidays, we are offering the following promotions for our Abuse Monitor package:

• Leased
    • x2010_Abuse-95
      • 95% Off the 1st 2 Months

[*]Owned

• x2010_Abuse-20
      • 20% Off

These offers expire 2010-12-25T23:59:59+01:00. With v3.0.0 under development, now is the time to get it at this discount; before the price increases upon its release.

Edited by GGWH-James

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Friendly advice: I think the price i way to much expensive. That's another monthly WHMCS license. And this module doesn't do much, it only shows the usage to/of any client.

I like the module, I just wish it was much cheaper or at least with much more possibilities. I don't know if others agree with me, so I will leave this as my own opinion.

Friendly advice: I think the price i way to much expensive. That's another monthly WHMCS license. And this module doesn't do much, it only shows the usage to/of any client.

I like the module, I just wish it was much cheaper or at least with much more possibilities. I don't know if others agree with me, so I will leave this as my own opinion.

Yes, you are right, that is all it does. :roll: You are of course entitled to your opinion and to either use it, use another, and/or code your own; if you so choose.

Here is a wild and crazy idea; and friendly advice... If there is something which you do not think it does, or it does not do, which you would like it to do, make a feature request to our development team.

I think my advice is good enough to stay here too, I see you pretty active.

By the way, your promo codes do not work.

OK, so you make a blanket statement about something of which you obviously know not much about and do not submit anything in way of a feature request(s) for whatever it is that you would apparently like to see. Ya, alright then. :roll:

We receive orders every day, today included, which have made use of promotional codes. Currently active promo codes can always be found on the product page of any product/service which we offer.

I like the module, I just wish it was much cheaper

I wish I had a pony. :-P

Seriously, mate, this module is downright cheap if you have a lot of servers. The lifetime license is perpetual with a year of updates, support, and unlimited installations of the WHM plugin.

I'm happy to see James charge a fair price for his team's work because that tells me he'll be around to support it.

Best of luck in your search for something for nothing though! :-P

Rick

We expect to be releasing v2.1.0 later today. :) As per usual, details can be found within the change log. There may be some additional changes added to the log prior to the actual release as we only add it to the change log once the code is actually in-place.

As usual, current users will receive an e-mail once it has been made available for download. New users can find further details and order at http://gg-webhosting.net/link.php?id=80 Current promotions are as below:

• On-going
    • Leased
      • Abuse-96
        • 96% Off 1st Month (Monthly Cycle)

[*]Holiday (Expires 2010-12-25T23:59:59+01:00)

• Owned
      • x2010_Abuse-20
        • 20% Off

We will be aiming to release v3.0.0 at some point in January with new features and addon modules. If you do not already have a license, you may want to grab it now with this deal while you can. ;)

Edited by GGWH-James

Hi James, does this work with Directadmin machines ? And how easy is this to implement ?

At present, I would have to say no. However, we do have plans to support other control panels with the release of v3.0.0 in the new year. :)

__EDIT__

If you are interested in this, I would suggest that you submit said request to our development department so that there is an official record of interest for such support/integration.

Edited by GGWH-James

I installed the first one I bought and it did not work at all. I was asked to wait for a patch. No, were sorry we know there is a problem or anything. Just wait for the patch. Today we get the updated script and install it..

First wall: advanced encoding system that was not recommended to be used by cPanel.

The support did not care at all when they answered us about this.

Next Wall: I had a server setup just they way they state to run the script. No way to edit the config in the admin.. Take all the time to fill it out and nothing saves..

Got sick of dealing with them and waiting for the next patch to fix it. Asked for my money back and they are fighting me in paypal over this.. After I have in writing right here they understand there is a bug and a problem.

"Generally speaking, we do not offer refunds in such instances; as per pour policies. We offer a discount off of the first month of a leased license for this reason; so that users can test the software on their systems at a minimal cost (~$0.59 USD). However, we will make an exception in this case though."

Now look at this for a slap in the face. They know its not working and never has and they offer a 00.59 cent refund... Remind you this is my first month so I had to pay too... No free month

Here is my first month

.:GG: Network has asked us to look into case #PP-001-167-200-431

This is what happen to me 100% nothing added and no BS.. No free month I had to pay and its been a nightmare since

Bug was squashed. More to the point, you installed the software and it checked in with our licensing server; so much for your not being able to install it. Good luck with your BS claim at PayPal. Also, expect to hear form our legal team in the near future with respect to your claim of decoding our software. ;)

WHMCS-Abuse-Monitor-(ESB-Host).jpg

Edited by GGWH-James