Resource Abuse Monitor

Friendly advice: I think the price i way to much expensive. That's another monthly WHMCS license. And this module doesn't do much, it only shows the usage to/of any client.

I like the module, I just wish it was much cheaper or at least with much more possibilities. I don't know if others agree with me, so I will leave this as my own opinion.

I just went round and rond with them because the system would never even work in my servers and they still want to charge me for the over priced software that 99% is done by your server firwall now.. I could see $15.00 a year

Look at Softaculous has to off for a server add product and its like $25.00 a year.. This is a simple app that runs off the firewall.. I may have one made just for resales

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went round and rond with them because the system would never even work in my servers and they still want to charge me for the over priced software that 99% is done by your server firwall now.. I could see $15.00 a year

Look at Softaculous has to off for a server add product and its like $25.00 a year.. This is a simple app that runs off the firewall.. I may have one made just for resales

Your message speaks for itself. It is obvious what the real issue is with you... :roll:

Now look at this for a slap in the face. They know its not working and never has and they offer a 00.59 cent refund... Remind you this is my first month so I had to pay too... No free month

I like how you copied-and-pasted bits-and-pieces out of context to suit your BS... To quote from the ticket directly:

Generally speaking, we do not offer refunds in such instances; as per pour policies. We offer a discount off of the first month of a leased license for this reason; so that users can test the software on their systems at a minimal cost (~$0.59 USD). However, we will make an exception in this case though.

As said v2.1.0 will be out by the end of next week; at the latest. All users receive an e-mail when a new version is ready. Upon receipt of said e-mail, simply submit a ticket to our billing department at https://gg-webhosting.net/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=1 requesting a credit and one will be applied to your account for the time between when your license was activated and when the new version is released.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. But, we cannot fix bugs we do not know about and of all of the current users, you are the first to have such an issue. Now that we know about it, we will resolve it.

Also, you were given a refund for those days by Dorothy S. in our billing department as a credit to your account. She did this without you having to submit a ticket asking for it.

You can keep up with your BS if you like, but you may want to stop here though; we can fully prove everything against you.

Edited by GGWH-James

• 2 weeks later...

I do not understand the price here. I buy the software and then I pay you each month to use the software I bought that runs off my server and system. Is this right??? And you charge as much as the people that built the complete billing system that you are a mod to.

What is the cost and when will you know????

I do not understand the price here. I buy the software and then I pay you each month to use the software I bought that runs off my server and system. Is this right??? And you charge as much as the people that built the complete billing system that you are a mod to.

What is the cost and when will you know????

rather that use a public forum to argue over this go elsewhere. the prices are availaboek at https://gg-webhosting.net/cart.php?gid=9 if you look.

i will be asked a mod to close this thread.

Something new which our development team is considering for v3.0, which is currently underway, is a configurable option that would allow the BCC/CC notices to create new tickets in whatever department you select as opposed to sending a BCC via e-mail. Is this something that you would like to see added?

Although not originally designed with reseller servers in mind, we are also considering starting support for reseller accounts with v3.x. Namely, if the account which generates the alert does not exist within your WHMCS clientbase, it would be assumed to belong to one of your resellers who should be in your clientbase. Such alerts would initiate an API call to WHM in order to determine the accounts owner (i.e. their reseller). The alerts would then be counted toward the resellers account. The resellers would be alerted and be able to login to their client area and view the abuse history for their account and sub-accounts just the same as a regular shared hosting client. Is something along those lines a feature that you all would find somewhat useful?

Something new which our development team is considering for v3.0, which is currently underway, is a configurable option that would allow the BCC/CC notices to create new tickets in whatever department you select as opposed to sending a BCC via e-mail. Is this something that you would like to see added?

Although not originally designed with reseller servers in mind, we are also considering starting support for reseller accounts with v3.x. Namely, if the account which generates the alert does not exist within your WHMCS clientbase, it would be assumed to belong to one of your resellers who should be in your clientbase. Such alerts would initiate an API call to WHM in order to determine the accounts owner (i.e. their reseller). The alerts would then be counted toward the resellers account. The resellers would be alerted and be able to login to their client area and view the abuse history for their account and sub-accounts just the same as a regular shared hosting client. Is something along those lines a feature that you all would find somewhat useful?

+1 to both those ideas, I'd love to see them implemented 8)

We have started documenting some of the changes for v3 within the change log. As usual though, only stuff that has actually been completed ever gets entered there. Even if we are currently working on something for taht release, it will not make it to the log until it is done.

Edited by GGWH-James

Work has been started on the reseller account stuff. Alerts which are generated by an account not in the WHMCS clientbase will initiate a call to WHM to determine the owner of said account. The account owner (their reseller) will have the alert issued against them as they are responsible for their own clients. The reseller can view the abuse history just like any other client always has been able to, but there is an additional column now which will indicate the actual account which generated the alert; so a reseller can see which of their clients are causing the abuse warnings.

With that said, I am just guessing here, but I would assume that you would want to be able to set separate thresholds for the warning e-mails and auto-suspension of a reseller account. I would think that you would want to afford a reseller somewhat more warnings prior to suspension. If they do not bring their clients in-line or drop the extremely abusive ones, they will still be suspended just the same; at whatever threshold you define, if any. If not, what is the point of even bothering to warn them or monitor the resource usage? After all, they are responsible for their clients.

Essentially, would you like to see the warning limit threshold, auto-suspension threshold, and auto-suspension on/off as separate settings for reseller accounts; rather than sharing the same limits as a standard account?

Work has been started on the reseller account stuff. Alerts which are generated by an account not in the WHMCS clientbase will initiate a call to WHM to determine the owner of said account. The account owner (their reseller) will have the alert issued against them as they are responsible for their own clients. The reseller can view the abuse history just like any other client always has been able to, but there is an additional column now which will indicate the actual account which generated the alert; so a reseller can see which of their clients are causing the abuse warnings.

With that said, I am just guessing here, but I would assume that you would want to be able to set separate thresholds for the warning e-mails and auto-suspension of a reseller account. I would think that you would want to afford a reseller somewhat more warnings prior to suspension. If they do not bring their clients in-line or drop the extremely abusive ones, they will still be suspended just the same; at whatever threshold you define, if any. If not, what is the point of even bothering to warn them or monitor the resource usage? After all, they are responsible for their clients.

Essentially, would you like to see the warning limit threshold, auto-suspension threshold, and auto-suspension on/off as separate settings for reseller accounts; rather than sharing the same limits as a standard account?

I think it would be good to everything configurable 8)

I think it would be good to everything configurable 8)

Separate thresholds are now configurable for standard and reseller accounts. However, if a reseller does not have any alerts generated by their clients (i.e. the reseller is directly abusing resources themselves) then the standard thresholds will apply to them. If they have at least one alert that was generated by a client of theirs, then the reseller thresholds will apply.

Separate thresholds are now configurable for standard and reseller accounts. However, if a reseller does not have any alerts generated by their clients (i.e. the reseller is directly abusing resources themselves) then the standard thresholds will apply to them. If they have at least one alert that was generated by a client of theirs, then the reseller thresholds will apply.

OK Cool, I'll be looking forward to the new version :)

v3.0 is coming along quite nicely. One of the addons we are thinking about introducing, later in the v3.x series, is to extend the reseller functionality to the upstream's (read: your) resllers. As it is now, with the upcoming release anyhow, the upstream can now monitor the abuse of a reseller and their clients; and the reseller can see which clients are generating the alerts in their client area of your system. That's great, but the reseller must take manual action against their client in response to alerts they are sent by your automated system.

With that said, we are considering an addon, which an upstream will be able to license at an additional cost and then offer to an unlimited number of their resellers; either as a value-add or at an additional fee, however you decide to present it to them. Only one addon would be needed; regardless of how many resellers you want to make it available to. Essentially, this addon will allow your reseller to use the software within their own WHMCS installation; which they would otherwise be unable to do.

No upstream in their right mind would allow a reseller to install a piece of software such as this as it would be a security risk to have that reseller be receiving alerts for every account on the server. However, by having the alerts first filtered through your system, they will only receive the ones that pertain to their direct clients (i.e. accounts owned by them); making it safe and allow them to be able to automate their own abuse control system. Does that make sense? I hope that I explained it OK. Would that be something that would be of interest as well?

Edited by GGWH-James

v3.0 is coming along quite nicely. One of the addons we are thinking about introducing, later in the v3.x series, is to extend the reseller functionality to the upstream's (read: your) resllers. As it is now, with the upcoming release anyhow, the upstream can now monitor the abuse of a reseller and their clients; and the reseller can see which clients are generating the alerts in their client area of your system. That's great, but the reseller must take manual action against their client in response to alerts they are sent by your automated system.

With that said, we are considering an addon, which an upstream will be able to license at an additional cost and then offer to an unlimited number of their resellers; either as a value-add or at an additional fee, however you decide to present it to them. Only one addon would be needed; regardless of how many resellers you want to make it available to. Essentially, this addon will allow your reseller to use the software within their own WHMCS installation; which they would otherwise be unable to do.

No upstream in their right mind would allow a reseller to install a piece of software such as this as it would be a security risk to have that reseller be receiving alerts for every account on the server. However, by having the alerts first filtered through your system, they will only receive the ones that pertain to their direct clients (i.e. accounts owned by them); making it safe and allow them to be able to automate their own abuse control system. Does that make sense? I hope that I explained it OK. Would that be something that would be of interest as well?

Costs pending, I don't see why people would'nt be interested in it, as I said before, the more options available the better 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Tentatively, February 1st is to be the public release date for v3.0. We are currently in the final stages of testing and are just getting the last of the featureset to be included in the v3.0 release completed. You may want to get your license prior to then though and take advantage of the specials that are on until the end of January.

I tried the coupon and it was not working, what is the coupon code I have to enter?

If there is an issue with a code not working, which they all should be, please put in a ticket. I do not know to which code you are referring though since you did not mention it, but current codes are listed on the product page.

Only in as much as described within this article. As for the promotional codes, they are all listed on the product page.

If you purchase a Leased license now, then your license will start once payment has been made. If you were to decide not to install v2.1.2 and wait for v3.0, that is your choice; but, you would not receive a credit later for the time in which you chose not to use it. The only type of credit that there may be later would be as described in the article that I linked to.

Edited by GGWH-James