MailChimp Addon For WHMCS

gmd8

I'm in the process of developing a commercial (but affordable) MailChimp addon for WHMCS which will automatically add new WHMCS clients to a specified list in MailChimp. I'm working on adding more options, but I was first interested in who would even be interested in purchasing an addon like this. Is this something that would be valuable to you? What other integration features would you like to see in an addon like this?

Thanks.

we are interested but it needs to be flexible,

allowing for adding the correct information to go to mailchimp

ie table 1 email table 2 name 3 address 4 city 5 state etc

this needs to be able to be setup manually for each user other wise it loses its true potential

we are interested but it needs to be flexible,

allowing for adding the correct information to go to mailchimp this needs to be able to be setup manually for each user other wise it loses its true potential

I can make sure that it adds the address information, but can you explain what you mean when you say that it needs to be able to set it up manually for each user?

I'd be interested. The ability for clients to remove themselves from the list is a must also.

I'm thinking of making the hook send a welcome message to the user (through MailChimp) so that it is a double opt-in subscription. Does this sound like a good idea or would be a better idea subscribe new users directly with no confirmation email (although this would require a line in the TOS to let them know that they were going to be signed up to the newsletter automatically)? Maybe I'll just try to make that an option :)

Thanks for the feedback and interest everybody!

I mean that each individual whmcs user needs to be able to setup their mail chimp here on whmcs however they want with as many tables as they want I collect a ton of information so I need the ability to name each field that I want to use and populate it and create as many as I need

Others might just collect email addresses and names etc

Thanks for the feedback everybody!

I'm looking for two or so beta testers to make sure the app will work in various configurations of both WHMCS and MailChimp, so if you're interested in getting the hook before it offically comes out, please send me an email at grant [at] nextgenwebmedia.com. I'll also keep this thread updated and watched until it comes out! Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm happy to announce the release of the free MailChimp WHMCS hook! It can be downloaded here.

While I was initially going to charge around $10 for it, I've decided to release it free as a way to give back to the WHMCS community for all the help it's given me over the past few years, so please enjoy! Everything you need to know about it is in the readme.txt file inside of the .ZIP file.

Do let me know if you have any questions about it or if it doesn't work right.

I'm happy to announce the release of the free MailChimp WHMCS hook! It can be downloaded here.

While I was initially going to charge around $10 for it, I've decided to release it free as a way to give back to the WHMCS community for all the help it's given me over the past few years, so please enjoy! Everything you need to know about it is in the readme.txt file inside of the .ZIP file.

Do let me know if you have any questions about it or if it doesn't work right.

Can you clarify the directory structure? There is no file named Hook.zip to unzip into /includes/hooks/

Should it be

/includes/hooks/Hook/MailChimpHook

/includes/hooks/Hook/add_to_mailchimp.php

/includes/hooks/Hook/MailChimpHook/config.php

/includes/hooks/Hook/MailChimpHook/MCAPI.class.php

Is that correct?

Can you clarify the directory structure? There is no file named Hook.zip to unzip into /includes/hooks/

Should it be

/includes/hooks/Hook/MailChimpHook

/includes/hooks/Hook/add_to_mailchimp.php

/includes/hooks/Hook/MailChimpHook/config.php

/includes/hooks/Hook/MailChimpHook/MCAPI.class.php

Is that correct?

You should remove extra dir. "Hook" while is not needed!

• 4 months later...