WHMCS Live RELEASED!!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really looking forward to this module as well but I am in exactly the same situation. Sent several PM's and emails and not ever had a response. Ready to purchase but need answers !

He will probably give you a poor exscuse why he hasnt replyed, he has given me poor exscuses numbers of times before, when hes really been playing on the xbox on halo, thats why hes not been replying or anything.

I've left a support ticket on hiis hosting website where he takes the sales over a week ago, and no reply, and if a hosting customer left a ticket and no reply thats just bad service for that, let alone for someone who made a mod and promises to provide support ect for it :?

/Rant over

Will we be getting a reply to the support tickets and emails anytime soon TJ ?

I purchased this module about a month ago. I'm using it in conjunction with WHMCS on a CentOS 5.3 x86_64 base platform. I was unable to get this module to work (it kept just printing out a blank white screen with no errors in any error log file). I worked with TJ to try to solve the problem, and he had as little idea as I did why It was not working. (I'm also a php developer). I asked for a refund and was told there would be a new version coming soon that would fix my problems. It's now 2 weeks after the expected release of this new version and my attempts to collect a refund have gone completely unanswered. I attempted a paypal dispute with little success due to paypal's policies. I would not suggest purchasing this module.

Given that CentOS5.3 is one of the most common linux distribution on the internet, It's very odd that the tool does not work with it.

My suggestion is just pay WHMCS to custom code modules for you. I've had one coded by them, and another in the works. Everything going along smoothly without a hitch.

Edited by sensei

He will probably give you a poor exscuse why he hasnt replyed, he has given me poor exscuses numbers of times before, when hes really been playing on the xbox on halo, thats why hes not been replying or anything.

I've left a support ticket on hiis hosting website where he takes the sales over a week ago, and no reply, and if a hosting customer left a ticket and no reply thats just bad service for that, let alone for someone who made a mod and promises to provide support ect for it :?

/Rant over

Will we be getting a reply to the support tickets and emails anytime soon TJ ?

I stopped communications with you due to your excessive demands, lack of professionalism, and numerous attempts to take advantage of me. One would think you'd be satisfied with the free software I gave you, the additional(no charge) custom work I did for you, and my good will to offer you yet another module completely free of charge. Text book example of "the more you give, the more they take"? :(

You can't please everyone..

I purchased this module about a month ago. I'm using it in conjunction with WHMCS on a CentOS 5.3 x86_64 base platform. I was unable to get this module to work (it kept just printing out a blank white screen with no errors in any error log file). I worked with TJ to try to solve the problem, and he had as little idea as I did why It was not working. (I'm also a php developer). I asked for a refund and was told there would be a new version coming soon that would fix my problems. It's now 2 weeks after the expected release of this new version and my attempts to collect a refund have gone completely unanswered. I attempted a paypal dispute with little success due to paypal's policies. I would not suggest purchasing this module.

Given that CentOS5.3 is one of the most common linux distribution on the internet, It's very odd that the tool does not work with it.

My suggestion is just pay WHMCS to custom code modules for you. I've had one coded by them, and another in the works. Everything going along smoothly without a hitch.

As I said before, the issues you are experiencing are easily solved by upgrading your version of PHP. I'll do it for you if you'd like?

I stopped communications with you due to your excessive demands, lack of professionalism, and numerous attempts to take advantage of me. One would think you'd be satisfied with the free software I gave you, the additional(no charge) custom work I did for you, and my good will to offer you yet another module completely free of charge. Text book example of "the more you give, the more they take"? :(

You can't please everyone..

I'm sorry but i did not request for you to give me your additional modules you made for free you said that, i am not actually using your other modules, i have no need for them, if i did have need for them then i would purchase them, you said you would give me them before i paid you for the custom module you made, before you didnt tell me you hadnt completed the module!,

I purchased the dynamic content/addon manager script you created from you over a month ago and you gave me it unfinished, i ask you when you will have it finished, you said 2 weeks ago from this date, you also said you have 4 other customers waiting so i'm afraid you cant say excessive demands as its simple you dont say you have a completed module when its not completed, and then you say you will have it within a week for me, i am now waiting over a month for that file which you said wouldnt take you long to do,

Lack of professionalism? forgive me but who was the one who paid you to make a module that wasnt completed and said it would be completed within a week and is now waiting over a month for it to be completed? and who hasnt completed it and hasnt given any support of true exsplanation of why you have completed it?

Its not only me tj who is having problems with the support you say you are offering,

When will this module be completed? and when will you send me the template file to fix the curren issue?

Soon as your not going to reply to emails or support tickets we will have to bring it onto the forums in public for me to get a answer as that seems the only way you are willing to support the script you made, comes to something doesnt it i have to write a bad review of you before you make contact ? Please contact me via the support tickets or msn messenger to sort this issue out in private or we can sort it here :roll:

I'm sorry but i did not request for you to give me your additional modules you made for free you said that, i am not actually using your other modules, i have no need for them, if i did have need for them then i would purchase them, you said you would give me them before i paid you for the custom module you made, before you didnt tell me you hadnt completed the module!,

I purchased the dynamic content/addon manager script you created from you over a month ago and you gave me it unfinished, i ask you when you will have it finished, you said 2 weeks ago from this date, you also said you have 4 other customers waiting so i'm afraid you cant say excessive demands as its simple you dont say you have a completed module when its not completed, and then you say you will have it within a week for me, i am now waiting over a month for that file which you said wouldnt take you long to do,

Lack of professionalism? forgive me but who was the one who paid you to make a module that wasnt completed and said it would be completed within a week and is now waiting over a month for it to be completed? and who hasnt completed it and hasnt given any support of true exsplanation of why you have completed it?

Its not only me tj who is having problems with the support you say you are offering,

When will this module be completed? and when will you send me the template file to fix the curren issue?

Soon as your not going to reply to emails or support tickets we will have to bring it onto the forums in public for me to get a answer as that seems the only way you are willing to support the script you made, comes to something doesnt it i have to write a bad review of you before you make contact ? Please contact me via the support tickets or msn messenger to sort this issue out in private or we can sort it here :roll:

The bottom line is that you received what you paid for(and more).. I have had the other addon/module files you're requesting done for over a week now. You have not received them because you have not paid for them, and although at one point I would have just given it to you free of charge, I'm no longer inclined to give away my hard work those who show absolutely no appreciation to my hard work and dedication.

I had you make a list of tasks and features you needed me to implement/develop, and a cost was agreed on. The feature(s) you're speaking of now were not on that list & it's as simple as that.

Anyways, I've officially been working for 49 hours straight(desktop app is going to amaze every last one of you!!), so I'm going to get some rest :)

The bottom line is that you received what you paid for(and more).. I have had the other addon/module files you're requesting done for over a week now. You have not received them because you have not paid for them, and although at one point I would have just given it to you free of charge, I'm no longer inclined to give away my hard work those who show absolutely no appreciation to my hard work and dedication.

I had you make a list of tasks and features you needed me to implement/develop, and a cost was agreed on. The feature(s) you're speaking of now were not on that list & it's as simple as that.

Anyways, I've officially been working for 49 hours straight(desktop app is going to amaze every last one of you!!), so I'm going to get some rest :)

lol, If you have the file ready could you please send it me free of charge, i have not received what i paid for and as you say more, the product is not useable with out this file in a live enviroment, i have paid for this module i can even give you the paypal id numbers if you really wish,,,

Could you please forward me this file to complete this module which i paid for months ago

Thank you in advanced

Well after just speaking to TJ on msn, he still doesnt want to resolve the issue by just simply sending the file he claims hes made, so i'm afraid it looks like im going to have to go down the legal route of getting this mod he promised completed, which is a real shame really, as i said to him i'd be more than willing to simply resolve the issue with him sending me the file he promised and i'd reply to this forum post with a simple issue resolved, doesnt seem like thats going to be happening though,

Shame, another mod creator let down..:(

Edited by EasyWHMCS

>it looks like im going to have to go down the legal route

How much have you spent on the MOD ? Going down the legal route will probably cost you a lot more ?

It probably would, but the question is would it cost me more to get a new mod creator to make the script or easier to go down legal route? TJ so say has this file ready, but is unwilling to give me the file having promised to give me the file to complete the mod in a previous conversation

I agree, forget the legal routes, it's always cheaper to take things into your own hands :twisted:

And what surgestions do you have for in your own hands? :)

But you have no contract , no signed agreements or anything ? If this is the case, there is nothing you can do about it legally. If your relationship with TJ has collapsed , then the best thing to do is to seek another developer IMO.

Its a shame this project has dragged on for so long . We are looking at alternatives as we don't use the built in WHMCS helpdesk we use Kayako , and they have Livechat support built into the helpdesk already. The reason I liked TJ's mod was that it allowed you to pull up the clients billing info from the chat window.

But you have no contract , no signed agreements or anything ? If this is the case, there is nothing you can do about it legally. If your relationship with TJ has collapsed , then the best thing to do is to seek another developer IMO.

Everything has been recorded logged, and detailed on various documents and chat transcripts ect, and i contacted the various contacts needed and they've said i do have a case, and with the last convo i had with TJ, his last 10 messages just made me laugh at how childish and imature he was really, i mean i've said a number of times to TJ i'd be more than willing to solve the issue here and now by him sending me the file he promised and i paid for to complete the module, but he doesnt want to solve this issue quickly and simply

The reason I liked TJ's mod was that it allowed you to pull up the clients billing info from the chat window.

It doesnt, not yet anyway, still a feature he says he has planned for soon, it only shows the users ip, browser the usual things, same as the free livezilla does but better,

As I said before, the issues you are experiencing are easily solved by upgrading your version of PHP. I'll do it for you if you'd like?

As I mentioned in email. I'm not going to run a version of php that yum doesn't give me. There is no reason code should not work on my version of php. And if it doesn't for whatever reason, then it would display an error to screen or an error in a log file. It did neither. Your code is the only code on the system that doesn't work. Currently that machine is hosting dozens of sites on dozens of open and closed source platforms. Even code of my own custom coding. Again, your code is the only code not working.

As I also said, CentOS 5.3 is one of the most common linux distributions on the internet. If you're incapable of supporting one of the most common distributions in the world, you need to say this up front. There is absolutely nothing special about the machine. Centos 5.3 fully updated + plesk 9 something.

Edited by sensei

I inquired about this mod a few days ago, in which I received a speedy reply. Maybe he just prefers to deal with Sales messages knowing it's more money for him? I'm reluctant to purchase anything from him now I have seen the comments here, of which has been helpful to me. I was really interested in the module but looks like I will have to purchase a different live help solution elsewhere.

The person creating this module really needs to get his act together or nobody will be buying. As for him not giving people refunds - if I were you, I'd do whatever it takes to find out where he lives!

I inquired about this mod a few days ago, in which I received a speedy reply. Maybe he just prefers to deal with Sales messages knowing it's more money for him? I'm reluctant to purchase anything from him now I have seen the comments here, of which has been helpful to me. I was really interested in the module but looks like I will have to purchase a different live help solution elsewhere.

The person creating this module really needs to get his act together or nobody will be buying. As for him not giving people refunds - if I were you, I'd do whatever it takes to find out where he lives!

I've already found out the address where he lives, i can forward it onto you if you wish :)

This mod is very buggy currently and at the momment it doesnt have any plus over other free versions like livezilla ect, the fact that it doesnt support centos is a big shame compared to all over chat programs

As for him not giving people refunds - if I were you, I'd do whatever it takes to find out where he lives!

I've already found out the address where he lives, i can forward it onto you if you wish :)

For god sake guys , how much money we talking about here ? $100-$200USD ? Less ? According to TJ's reply's you already got a considerable amount of his time for the fee's already paid . Its your word against his and vice verse. I think you should just put it down to clash of personalities / bad experience and forget about it.

Making statements on a public forum about finding out where he lives etc etc is not a good idea and on your part (a business) does not look professional.

IMO think this thread should be locked and TJ can start a new one once he releases a 100% fully tested working version of his application.

Regards

Martin

For god sake guys , how much money we talking about here ? $100-$200USD ? Less ? According to TJ's reply's you already got a considerable amount of his time for the fee's already paid . Its your word against his and vice verse. I think you should just put it down to clash of personalities / bad experience and forget about it.

Making statements on a public forum about finding out where he lives etc etc is not a good idea and on your part (a business) does not look professional.

IMO think this thread should be locked and TJ can start a new one once he releases a 100% fully tested working version of his application.

Regards

Martin

He hasnt given me all i've paid for, the mod isnt complete and he says he has the file to complete it, hes given me his over mods to try and compensate me not having this mod complete, i'm not using his other mods, and when all his other mods are buggy ect quite pointless using, if i wanted to use them i would of brought them, as which i did this module which he hasnt completed, and when hes promised to complete this module and provide the file he should provide it, i mean, the way he was talking on msn messenger the other day provded how imature he was being about the situation, when he could simply provide the file he promised and the situations over issue is resolved, he tryed telling me a few lies to chuck me off but didnt realise how much of his personal information was online and how much i knew about him :lol:

He hasnt given me all i've paid for, the mod isnt complete and he says he has the file to complete it, hes given me his over mods to try and compensate me not having this mod complete, i'm not using his other mods, and when all his other mods are buggy ect quite pointless using, if i wanted to use them i would of brought them, as which i did this module which he hasnt completed, and when hes promised to complete this module and provide the file he should provide it, i mean, the way he was talking on msn messenger the other day provded how imature he was being about the situation, when he could simply provide the file he promised and the situations over issue is resolved, he tryed telling me a few lies to chuck me off but didnt realise how much of his personal information was online and how much i knew about him :lol:

There's no need to call me a lier. I am 100% transparent and accountable for everything I do :) My office address is: 364 S 400 W, Brigham City, UT 84302. My personal cell phone is 435-225-6121, and aside from my SSN and credit card numbers anyone is welcome to any of my information :)

I developed WHMCS Live on a Centos 5.3 system, so that's certainly not the issue. While most of the support requests have been for very simple things, skipping steps in the install, etc. there have been a few of you that have had issues beyond that. There has been a few times when support hasn't been as speedy as desired, and that due to the fact that I am the sole developer, but also because supporting my hosting customers always comes first(for obvious reasons).

If you're interested in this module simply download the trial. If you're happy with it and would like to purchase it, great, but if not than you're welcome to download another trial once it's matured a bit more.

Although sales have been supportive of development, I want to make it completely clear that I am not doing this for the money and will continue adding features regardless of how much money I make on this. I agree that this topic should be closed as it's gotten quite off track. I'll open up a new one when 1.5 is released.

Once again, thanks to everyone who have been so supportive of this module :)

Hopefully 1.5 will load. Since the author refuses to acknowledge my request for a refund. I guess i'll just have to hope and pray. It would be nice to at least have the program load on my screen since I paid for it and all. I've yet to even see it. (Yes I went through all the setup instructions multiple times. I've been doing linux server administration for nearly 20 years, I think I'm qualified to install a webapp.)

I really don't understand it what the deal is? I offer refunds on my services. If a user has a problem just refund them. It's called cost benefit analysis. Check it out.

Please keep in mind, that not only did you take my money and give me a completely non-working product. But you also wasted my time which is much more valuable. I will see you in the new thread.

Edited by sensei

Hopefully 1.5 will load. Since the author refuses to acknowledge my request for a refund. I guess i'll just have to hope and pray. It would be nice to at least have the program load on my screen since I paid for it and all. I've yet to even see it. (Yes I went through all the setup instructions multiple times. I've been doing linux server administration for nearly 20 years, I think I'm qualified to install a webapp.)

I really don't understand it what the deal is? I offer refunds on my services. If a user has a problem just refund them. It's called cost benefit analysis. Check it out.

Please keep in mind, that not only did you take my money and give me a completely non-working product. But you also wasted my time which is much more valuable. I will see you in the new thread.

Your not the only one, Dont exspect to get a refund anytime soon from him, or a complete working script for that matter

Hi, I have bought it, but I couldn`t install it. The addon-admin is empty with the three code-areas with code inside. It seems, the addon can`t load text, what is in lang.txt-file. One of the main problem is, that I find readme very poor written and without info in admin for me unsolvable. Opened a ticket today morning, but it hasn`t been answered yet. Would really like the thing, if running.