WHMCS Live RELEASED!!

I understood what you were trying to say, and I disagree.

Java is just fine for building a simple app that communicates with a php file on a server, and carries out a few functions.

I too say this from my personal programming experience in Java. I have built an application that manages a Gym's client base, for example, I have also built a few websites using applets, too.

Java is very powerfull, specially when used with Java Beans and stuff like that.

And many companies use it, too.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's pros and cons to every language/method, but what I think a lot of people miss is that many who have written "make-shift" java apps don't have the experience/skills to back it up.

Let's put it this way.. I've been a php developer for many years and when I'm approached with a desired result I have multiple methods of accomplishing it, can compare the pros/cons to each option, and finally pick the best method to achieve the goal. But when I was starting out I was just happy to find 1 method to "get it to work" :)

This is the same way I see Java. There's a big difference between some kid who has read a few books, and a pro with a bachelor's in CS & 12 years experience :)

My obvious goal is to offer something that everyone can benefit from, but I can't please everyone(no matter how hard I try) & we all have our opinions, but I urge any with preconceived notions about java and whether it should be used for this app to try it for yourself when it's complete :)

LOL.

@siforek: any ETA for the new version of whmcs live? i haven't managed to test the actual version yet on my server because of some redirect problems...

At this point I have 1.03 ready with a fix for the redirecting issue (among other things). I'm just trying to cover my bases and want to make sure that 1.03 takes care of 99% of any issues. Look for 1.03 either late tonight(20th) or early Monday.

After that I'll be focusing quite a bit more on new features.. I actually have about 3 pages of just new features planned :)

i have a small question: everytime a client opens up a chat, the only department available is sales... where does the script get this department from?

how can i make "technical support" available?

It get's the departments from your ticket departments.. Apparently Sales is the only department visible to them either because you have the others hidden or they are only for logged in clients..

well, then here's a feature request: make an option so the clients can open a chat session with any available department, no matter if he is logged in or not.

in deed, the support department is for logged in clients, but does this mean they can't open a chat request?

the other way is for me to enable the support department for all visitors, logged in or not, which usualy leads to spam tickets and other issues...

well, then here's a feature request: make an option so the clients can open a chat session with any available department, no matter if he is logged in or not.

in deed, the support department is for logged in clients, but does this mean they can't open a chat request?

the other way is for me to enable the support department for all visitors, logged in or not, which usualy leads to spam tickets and other issues...

Actually you have this :

- Client logged : all departements (visible)

- Client not logged : visible departments (not client only)

That's so simple ;-)

You can force clients to be logged to submit a ticket to avoid spam ...

...what he wants to do could be done in QBasic for all I now, and it would be fine.
QBasic and QuickC, am I giving my age away if I admit to having used those when they were new on the market..... ?? I used QBasic to customize RBBS and VBBS. Used QuickC with the large library to extend Clipper.

I think the pricing is not in the right proportion matching the WHMCS pricing itself. And I'm not sure what makes it better compared to Crafty Syntax for example.

But I think it is a good concept.

Then what would suggest is a fair price for everyone, yet still provides my enough funding to support it long term?

Then what would suggest is a fair price for everyone, yet still provides my enough funding to support it long term?

You have to find the right balance;

High price -> Less sellers

Low price -> Many sellers

I think it should be more like $50, but the main problem is that there are also free alternatives.

Well, considering the only thing that will make me change from Livezilla is the integration to WHMCS portion (not the rest, becuase that is already being taken care of), I would say maybe 50€ lifetime license.

I'll compromise and go $90/lifetime & eliminate annually.. So it's $6/month, and $90/lifetime :)

I've updated http://whmcslive.com/ with the new pricing and will be refunding the difference to those who paid more :)

I think it should be more like $50, but the main problem is that there are good free alternatives.

The free alternatives do not integrate with WHMCS giving you that ease of use. Plus 1 login for chat and client info.

You get what you pay for....WHMCSLive is worth it IMO

If purchasing owned license, does it require a callback to licensing server?

Just curious, if we were to purchase, and for some reason your site was down, gone or whatever the reason, would want to know that it would not affect us in anyway?

Also how much is the full source version?

Still not sure of the pricing as it would probably be more beneficial for us to pay someone to integrate livezilla(which already has all the features) to send client information if they are logged in...

Why don't you integrate livezilla instead and charge a fee for that mod?