WHMCS Live RELEASED!!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've resolved the above problem... would have been useful if I actually had uploaded the chat.php file!

But when someone sends a message, it doesn't show up in their window or mine, my messages show up in my window, but not theirs... is this the same behaviour you are seeing datapowerhost?

Ok, I've resolved the above problem... would have been useful if I actually had uploaded the chat.php file!

But when someone sends a message, it doesn't show up in their window or mine, my messages show up in my window, but not theirs... is this the same behaviour you are seeing datapowerhost?

Submit a ticket at let me know your php/mysql version, etc..

I want to use this MOD but looking like I will have to source

I think that this mod has died or at least no longer being developed as the OP stated that with his skills the mod would have all the features of the major chat programs within weeks, and still only has the basic/anyone can create features.

It's been pretty much all smoke and mirrors.

I think people need to actually have a product before they try to sell it rather than hoping they can actually follow through on future development.

Unfortunately the source is encrypted or there could actually be some developments with the mod...

I think that this mod has died or at least no longer being developed as the OP stated that with his skills the mod would have all the features of the major chat programs within weeks, and still only has the basic/anyone can create features.

It's been pretty much all smoke and mirrors.

I think people need to actually have a product before they try to sell it rather than hoping they can actually follow through on future development.

Unfortunately the source is encrypted or there could actually be some developments with the mod...

i Think this is a dead mod now as he hasnt released a update in a while now which he said he would:| and i ordered a custom mod from the dev 2 months ago and he said it would all be setup and configured within 2 days, was 1 months before it was operational and its still not completed fully and he said he would have it completed within 2 days 14 days ago :| still no word from him and havnt had a email or anything from him in a while now :?

I agree, the OP has lots of promised mods/addons all over the forums yet none are actually finished/updated/nothing worth calling an actual improvement...

Seems to be alot of talk from him and I wouldn't be surprised if the chat program that is encoded is simply a copy of an already copyrighted chat program that is just integrated, we've heard lots of claims of skills and promises and it's been months already and there has not been any worthwhile feature...

The claims of his "Senior Java Programmer" I am sure he is refering to DataHosts which as we can all see is just as much smoke and mirrors,

In other words I wouldn't take any promises seriously with this "Developer", Next we will probably hear that "I was busy with Family" "I have other projects" "I had the swine flu" "my mother grounded me from the computer"

Or some other craziness instead of actual results.

I think that if you are going to sell something to somebody with a promise of adding all these features within the next "couple weeks" then you should actually follow through with that promise, and I am absolutely sure that you would if you could.

in my opinion it's your fault too. just because you bought it.

why do i say that? i bought several WHMCS mods from several developers:

- one of them was a crook who stole a mod from somebody else

- another one ran out of business

- one is not responiding to emails and tickets,

- one is not updating the mod anymore so it can't be used anymore

- one started giving it for free after selling it first....

my advice: buy only official mods or develop you own.

otherwise wait several month until buying, see if the developer updates it frequently...see how the mod gets matured...maybe it gets too wrinkled when aging

I agree, the OP has lots of promised mods/addons all over the forums yet none are actually finished/updated/nothing worth calling an actual improvement...

Seems to be alot of talk from him and I wouldn't be surprised if the chat program that is encoded is simply a copy of an already copyrighted chat program that is just integrated, we've heard lots of claims of skills and promises and it's been months already and there has not been any worthwhile feature...

The claims of his "Senior Java Programmer" I am sure he is refering to DataHosts which as we can all see is just as much smoke and mirrors,

In other words I wouldn't take any promises seriously with this "Developer", Next we will probably hear that "I was busy with Family" "I have other projects" "I had the swine flu" "my mother grounded me from the computer"

Or some other craziness instead of actual results.

I think that if you are going to sell something to somebody with a promise of adding all these features within the next "couple weeks" then you should actually follow through with that promise, and I am absolutely sure that you would if you could.

Well I think we should let TJ reply first before anyone makes comments about his mod/commitment/reliability.

Well I think we should let TJ reply first before anyone makes comments about his mod/commitment/reliability.

Thank you. It seems a few of you are jumping to conclusions here. Have you developed a perfectly working Java app recently? It's not a one day task :), especially if you do it right. The Java developer I'm working with actually is a family member, not DataHosts(who to my knowledge doesn't even know Java). It's been exactly 1 month today since the last version was released, and although I wish it wasn't taking this long, to me(and many others I'm sure) it's more important that the correct steps are taken to ensure it's done right.

herpherp, I'm not only surprised, but even a little offended that you would suggest this is a copy of another chat application. I have written every line, every single character(with the exception of the soon to be released java app). I have worked very hard, spent countless hours, and am extremely passionate about this module, so please understand why I take offense.

While I understand that there are many key/crucial features that have yet to be released, good things come to those who wait :) In regards to this module being released prior to completion of such features: This module is/has been extremely time consuming & those who have currently purchased it are supporting further development and in return are receiving a far better value in the long run.

If you look back to it's initial release, I offered an owned license for $180. It was dropped due to certain features not yet included. At a certain point when it's determined that this module is "whole", not lacking in any major areas, and "far superior" the price will go up, yet those who have already purchased it will not see an increase. You mite question how I can justify a price increase, which is a good concern.. As is being developed, this will be one of and perhaps even the most comprehensive live solutions available. I've already had a several individuals mention to me that they have switched to WHMCS because of this module, and one of my goals is to bring even more people to WHMCS :)

Many of the features listed at http://www.whmcslive.com/ are pretty standard and wouldn't justify a price increase in my opinion(and yours I'm sure). I would love to share some of the other TBA features, but honestly they are so unique, so revolutionary that there's no doubt others would attempt to develop them before they are implemented with WHMCS Live.

I can honestly say that I am more passionate about this module than nearly any other project I have worked on. This is "my baby", and I would love nothing more than to work on this full time, but unfortunately for the time being I must delegate the majority of my time to other projects as WHMCS Live is far from paying my bills :) I take a great deal of pride in my work, and while I completely understand the concerns mentioned recently, this must all come in due time.

I'm not about to rush through 50 new features a week, do a less than quality job, and end up losing the passion I have for this. We all know what happens when developers lose interest :( I'd love to please everyone and have every planned feature completed tomorrow, and I know the lack of recent updates may leave a few of you bitter, but that's just something I'll have to risk because my long term vision of this module requires that everything be done meticulously, and with absolute perfection :)

For all those who have been so patient: Thank you! This time will not be in vein :) I will keep everyone updated as best I can. I do need 6 more beta testers for the desktop app, so all those interested please submit a ticket titled "Desktop App Beta Tester Request". Please include your system specifications & operating system of the system you will be testing the app on. :)

herpherp, I'm not only surprised, but even a little offended that you would suggest this is a copy of another chat application. I have written every line, every single character(with the exception of the soon to be released java app). I have worked very hard, spent countless hours, and am extremely passionate about this module, so please understand why I take offense.

Not sure why you would be offended as this is what you were involved with previously and decided to give it away free instead, but anyhow best of luck, you've already lost my interest.

I'm not about to rush through 50 new features a week.

How about at least getting 1 accomplished a week out of the planned 30 features you have that would put the complete "current project" at the middle of next year...

But anyway I will leave you and your project be and move on...

G'luck and maybe we will take a look at the progress a year down the road...

Not sure why you would be offended as this is what you were involved with previously and decided to give it away free instead, but anyhow best of luck, you've already lost my interest.

How about at least getting 1 accomplished a week out of the planned 30 features you have that would put the complete "current project" at the middle of next year...

But anyway I will leave you and your project be and move on...

G'luck and maybe we will take a look at the progress a year down the road...

Seems as though you have been misinformed and have a very biased opinion towards this module and its "suggested history". Are you using it or have you even tried it?

Also, don't take this the wrong way as I'm not intending to be rude, but I have clearly listed the current available features. If it does not currently meet your needs/requirements than simply don't purchase it. While I greatly appreciate those current customers who are supporting further development I completely understand that there are many who won't be purchasing it until it's matured a bit more.

Edited by siforek

Seems as though you have been misinformed and have a very biased opinion towards this module and its "suggested history". Are you using it or have you even tried it?

Not sure what you mean, I haven't been misinformed, Don't have a biased opinion(not sure what it would be biased towards to begin with), And there is no "suggested history" with the module, the "suggested history" was with you not this specific module. Used it, Deleted it, went back to a full chat program as it was featureless...

As I stated maybe we will look you up in a year or so to see how the development has gone and see if you're "baby" ever hits puberty...

My last reply in your thread as you should be focused on the customers that are interested in this rather than me, just answered your questions for your so, gluck again and hope it all works out for you.

If you lost your interest, then quit waisting my time filling this thread with junk.

I am interested in this software which has an incredible amount of work done. I am also subscribed to this thread to be alerted of new advancements,. not your BS.

Please, just do us all, including yourself, a favor and don't come back to a thread you are not interested in.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I updated everyone and I just wanted to check in and let you all what's going on.

WHMCS Live has been undergoing a major code rewrite. While working on the Desktop App it came to my attention that there was a far better way of doing things.. I am now utilizing services(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service-oriented_architecture) and the WHMCS API to accomplish everything.

Anyone familiar with SOA knows this is by far the best approach to take, and in addition to resolving 100% of any current bugs some of you have experienced, this opens many doors for future features.

Version 1.5 will include minor fixes the the existing source and the first version of the desktop app, but with 1.6 you can expect every single feature listed as planned/in development. This will include a browser based mobile version, and a mobile java app.

The first version of the Desktop App will essentially be identical to the web based admin console and it's features, but the next release will not only include Live features, but also the ability to perform many none Live tasks that are currently done in the admin area(view/reply to tickets, sound notification upon new ticket/order, etc..) Upon completion of the current outlined features we will be exploring integration with Asterisk and possibly sipxecs which if you're familiar with PBX, you'll appreciate all the possibilities of completely integrating telephony into WHMCS.

I'll keep everyone posted as best I can and appreciate your patience so far while I perfect and expand WHMCS Live :)

It's been a while since I updated everyone and I just wanted to check in and let you all what's going on.

WHMCS Live has been undergoing a major code rewrite. While working on the Desktop App it came to my attention that there was a far better way of doing things.. I am now utilizing services(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service-oriented_architecture) and the WHMCS API to accomplish everything.

Anyone familiar with SOA knows this is by far the best approach to take, and in addition to resolving 100% of any current bugs some of you have experienced, this opens many doors for future features.

Version 1.5 will include minor fixes the the existing source and the first version of the desktop app, but with 1.6 you can expect every single feature listed as planned/in development. This will include a browser based mobile version, and a mobile java app.

The first version of the Desktop App will essentially be identical to the web based admin console and it's features, but the next release will not only include Live features, but also the ability to perform many none Live tasks that are currently done in the admin area(view/reply to tickets, sound notification upon new ticket/order, etc..) Upon completion of the current outlined features we will be exploring integration with Asterisk and possibly sipxecs which if you're familiar with PBX, you'll appreciate all the possibilities of completely integrating telephony into WHMCS.

I'll keep everyone posted as best I can and appreciate your patience so far while I perfect and expand WHMCS Live :)

ETA On Next Version ?

ETA On you replying to the emails and support tickets i sent you ?

Cheers