WHMCS Live RELEASED!!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok question:

Do I have to have to have a browser up at all times to receive new chat alerts ??

Seems like I'm missing something

To answer both your questions: If the settings say version 1.02 that's the latest, I just missed updating a few html entries.

Currently it's only a web based console, but I've brought a senior java developer on board to write a desktop client and shortly after that we'll be working on a mobile version :)

that's really goodnews :)

If you don't mind me saying,. I think the key to success for this module is close integration. Stuff that no other external chat client can do, like see customer info, add notes, chat history to WHMCS, covert chats to tickets, show how much income the customer has, etc..

You probably already know, just giving a few more suggestions ;)

Excellent work !

Edited by cyberneticos

that's really goodnews :)

If you don't mind me saying,. I think the key to success for this module is close integration. Stuff that no other external chat client can do, like see customer info, add notes, chat history to WHMCS, covert chats to tickets, show how much income the customer has, etc..

You probably already know, just giving a few more suggestions ;)

Excellent work !

Converting chat to ticket & chat history are very good features that I plan to implement. I'm also planning on a feature where clients can see their past chat transcripts in the client area :)

ok, i installed this mod and i get the blank page too in the client chat.

does it work with custom admin paths?

It does work with custom admin paths, and the first thing to check is that you uploaded the live-*** templates..? If that doesn't solve it submit a ticket and I'll help you get it working :)

yes i did upload the tpl files.

i will try a fresh install now and if it doesn't work i'll open a ticket.

i should mention i haven't uploaded the geoip files first... may this be the cause?

This would certainly cause issues as the geo tracking function calls for them, and with chat.php using smarty template you'd just get a blank screen rather than it throwing an error.

Using JAVA is a great idea, it's the good way to do it ;-)

Im guessing you havent used java apps on a daily basis? usually they are horrid. Sorry siforek, just never been a fan of them, which is why a lot of projects that do use it are unsuccessful. If it worked that great, dont you think aim, skype, msn, etc, would use java?

What ? Java APPS are pretty solid for what he wants to do. Nothing wrong with using Java. I've used java for many applications and I have had no problem. Jesus Christ, what he wants to do could be done in QBasic for all I now, and it would be fine.

Comparing what this person is going to do and what THE BIGGEST COMPANIES IN THE WORLD are doing now is childish.

Nothing wrong with Java. Let the man program in whatever language he feels like programming in. As long as it works and it's safe, then who cares.

What ? Java APPS are pretty solid for what he wants to do. Nothing wrong with using Java. I've used java for many applications and I have had no problem. Jesus Christ, what he wants to do could be done in QBasic for all I now, and it would be fine.

Comparing what this person is going to do and what THE BIGGEST COMPANIES IN THE WORLD are doing now is childish.

Nothing wrong with Java. Let the man program in whatever language he feels like programming in. As long as it works and it's safe, then who cares.

LOL, i wasnt trying to attack him or anything like that, i just think people automatically think java when they want to do something cross platform though in reality, it doesnt work well. Yes, it might function, but also might make a frustrating and annoying tool to use on a daily basis for the end user. All im doing is passing on my educated experience and opinion. When i mentioned the larger companies, i was merely pointing out that they didnt use java for a reason.