SMS Addon v2 - Not only Clickatell Now!

@cmo,

It will not work if your client has entered a mobile number. It is only logging the error even if it is disabled but without an error, it will not send SMS. I know about this bug and it is already fixed in the new version which is going to be released in 2 days.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@cmo,

It will not work if your client has entered a mobile number. It is only logging the error even if it is disabled but without an error, it will not send SMS. I know about this bug and it is already fixed in the new version which is going to be released in 2 days.

I see. Looking forward to the next version! :-P

Hopefully we have some good news today:

* Send SMS on product suspend (v2.0.4)

* Send SMS on overdue invoices (v2.0.4)

* Send SMS as a payment reminder (v2.0.4)

* Better usage of SMS template variables (v2.0.4)

* Unicode support for custom APIs (v2.0.4)

* Sending sms options for tickets(specified departments and urgency) (v2.0.4)

Estimated release date of v2.0.4: 31/10/2009

Hello,

Current version doesn't send SMS on due invoices, only sends whenever a new invoice is created(with daily cron).

You need to wait 2-3 days for this feature, it will be included with the new version. It will send a sms whenever invoice is due.

Regards,

Cihan Nimsi

I need to make you wait a little bit longer for the new version because I can't work on it, I'm extremely busy right now, and as this is not a critical update, it won't be a big problem. Sorry about delays. All the features that promised on sale are working right now.

Regards,

Cihan Nimsi

.... All the features that promised on sale are working right now.

I don't agree. I purchased your module because you have listed a feature to be done in the next version which I will need in my business and till now it has not been delivered and not working yet.

I don't agree. I purchased your module because you have listed a feature to be done in the next version which I will need in my business and till now it has not been delivered and not working yet.

Upgrades are free and I'll upgrade this addon as much as I can. Ask to the first users(v1.0), they had no idea if this addon was going to be better. It is much better now and it will get better, all I need is time. If I made some promises about new features, I'll add these features for sure.

Please remember, I'm not only developer of this addon, I'm also its user.

Edited by Bartucxp

Upgrades are free and I'll upgrade this addon as much as I can. Ask to the first users(v1.0), they had no idea if this addon was going to be better. It is much better now and it will get better, all I need is time. If I made some promises about new features, I'll add these features for sure.

Please remember, I'm not only developer of this addon, I'm also its user.

So, please do not deceive your clients with false promises like this:

We have many developers here that start good projects but then end up literally abandoning it after making a few bucks.

So, please do not deceive your clients with false promises like this:

We have many developers here that start good projects but then end up literally abandoning it after making a few bucks.

Hello,

There is no false promise or I'm not going to abandon this project.

Only release date delayed, I had to delay it because I'm extremely busy right now. You'll see if it is going to be abandoned. As I told you, I didn't make any promise to the old users except compability upgrades, but I've improved the addon for free so much. I enjoy developing it but all I need is a little more time, nothing else. As you have an owned licence, there won't be a difference, it won't ever expire or it doesn't have "time limited" upgrades.

Hello everybody,

I've developed this module for myself at first and as people like it, I've contiuned development every time.

Of course, price of the module is a motivation tool for me, but it is not the purpose of developing this addon.

As you know, I've added many features after the first version and development still contiunes. Even I didn't think that it will be loved this much and so many people are going to use it, so, I'm trying to do the best. I've even bought some codes to make the addon better.

Currently, there are some useless features and bugs on the addon. It is because as I told you, I didn't know that it will be loved and I didn't think that I'll contiune upgrading it except compability upgrades, so, afret each upgrade, the addon became more complicated and "patched". That's why it takes so long to upgrade the addon now.

To end this complication, I've decided to cancel 2.0.4 upgrade. I've started to organize my codes to make it run more smooth and easy to upgrade for myself(so it will take less time for next upgrades).

So, I'll need another week to do that and release v2.1.0.

I'm sorry about the upgrade delays, there is a fact. Currently, there isn't any big problems with the addon and all the functions works great. Also, there is no compability issues, it works with v4.0 and v4.1.2 and all the versions after v4. So, I didn't trick anyone about properties of the addon. Only the dev tracker was wrong about new version release dates but for now, you have what you paid for and project is not going to be abandoned ever. I'm just working to make it better, also, I don't sell a time-limited upgrade service so if you have the sms addon, you can upgrade it whenever a new version released.

Thank you for your patience.

@cmo, you have to wait for another week to use "overdue invoice sms notifications" but trust me, it will worth it.

Regards,

Cihan Nimsi

@CMO

cmo, i believe you know that this is a great addon. Why is there a need to stress the developer? give him sometime. He has his own reason for being late. Will you ever sit down to code 24hrs a day?

WHMCS it self has taken years to be successful. And look at the update and new version of whmcs. its even not as fast as this sms addon.

I am supporting BartucXP. Take the time you need. We believe you are already doing your best.

@CMO

cmo, i believe you know that this is a great addon. Why is there a need to stress the developer? give him sometime. He has his own reason for being late. Will you ever sit down to code 24hrs a day?

WHMCS it self has taken years to be successful. And look at the update and new version of whmcs. its even not as fast as this sms addon.

I am supporting BartucXP. Take the time you need. We believe you are already doing your best.

Excuse me, the developer is the one setting his deadlines and unable to comply with his own promises. I am just after his promised deadlines.

Now, for the 3rd time, another postponement by the developer!!!!

Hi CMO,

I think you have never worked in development.... In development you always mark deadlines, but most of the time they are not met! Just look at all the delays Microsoft has had with Vista!!

I think it is great Bartucxp keeps us informed about the progress and delays as they occur. I don't think you can ask for more from a dedicated developer.

So cmo please stop moaning, and let Bartucxp do his work instead of harassing him...

Bartucxp keep up the great work on this outstanding module!

Ok guys, he made us wait for more than a month after his first deadline and may have gone into some levels of difficulties, which is understandable, and he asked us (me) to wait for another week (last Nov. 16). So we may have some good news on Nov. 23!!! :-P

Hello,

I'm extremely sick, I got flu but this is not a problem, new version needs only a few hours of work. It will be released in 24 hours as I can't work so hard because of the sickness. But there won't be any other delays.

This version took so long but it had to be done and it will be great.

Regards,

Cihan Nimsi