SMS Addon v2 - Not only Clickatell Now!

Version 2.1.0 has been released.

Here is the changelog:

v2.1.0:

- New feature: Send SMS on product suspend

- New feature: Send SMS on overdue invoices

- Unicode support for custom APIs

- Minor bugfixes

Here is the download link: http://www.scriptlisans.com/smsaddon/sms_addon_2_1_0.zip

How to Upgrade?

1. Replace new files with old ones.

2. Go to admin area and go to addon page, click upgrade. That's it!

If you're using a version later than v1.3 right now, go to your WHMCS Admin area, SMS Addon module page, you'll see link to upgrade. If upgrade fails(asks you to fetch files again after fetching files), it means that you don't have permissions to auto-upgrade. If you experience this problem, you need to upgrade manually by downloading and replacing files.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

Current version doesn't send SMS on due invoices, only sends whenever a new invoice is created(with daily cron).

You need to wait 2-3 days for this feature, it will be included with the new version. It will send a sms whenever invoice is due.

Regards,

Cihan Nimsi

i don't mean for every invoice, i would only use it to have an automated message sent to clients when there account is over due for about 2 weeks or 3 weeks, i wouldn't do it for when invoices are made because that would cost way to much, (where talking millions of active customers) that's why i think that sending a message to a client that hasn't paid for there service in a limit of time would be good as a reminder! and save money!

I upgrade to 2.1.0 last Nov. 24 but on Nov. 29 the module stopped working. as the last logs are dated Nov. 29.

Any suggestion for a fix to this?

Hello,

There is nothing wrong with the module right now as I don't receive and complements from other users and I use it myself. Also you say it was working and stopped working suddenly.

Please create a ticket on scriptlisans.com with admin panel login information so I can check it out. I also may require FTP access to find out what's wrong.

Regards,

Cihan Nimsi

Hello,

There is nothing wrong with the module right now as I don't receive and complements from other users and I use it myself. Also you say it was working and stopped working suddenly.

Please create a ticket on scriptlisans.com with admin panel login information so I can check it out. I also may require FTP access to find out what's wrong.

Regards,

Cihan Nimsi

I re-uploaded the files. Let's wait for another day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Release date for the new version might delay about a few days, but there is a great improvement which is now going to be announced for the first time.

With the new version, you won't waste time signing up and buying credits from sms gateways. There is a built-in solution now, you will be able to buy sms credits directly from scriptlisans.com and you'll only enter your desired sender id for sms messages.

Using routesms.com services, I'll create my own built-in sms gateway solution. After the upgrade, you'll be able to buy credits from scriptlisans.com and without any API setup, you'll start sending sms. No more research for a good sms gateway!

Also, trial licenses will have a little credits to test sms addon without looking for an API, just install sms addon and everything will be fine.

All sms addon users will be e-mailed about new features as soon as it is ready, and I'll post here about progress.

Regards,

Cihan Nimsi

Using routesms.com services, I'll create my own built-in sms gateway solution. After the upgrade, you'll be able to buy credits from scriptlisans.com and without any API setup, you'll start sending sms. No more research for a good sms gateway!

How cheap will be your credits per text?

• 5 weeks later...
Hi,

Very interesting module.

Would it be possible to send a code by SMS to the client, who then would need to enter this code

into WHMCS to activate their order?

Best regards

Jan

Hi,

This action requires a manual template modification. I'll find a way to do this without template modification so addon will be compatible for everyone. It is Planned and eventually it will be done, all current sms addon users will be able to upgrade for free.

Regards,

Cihan Nimsi

Hi there, I have just purchased and got the license - very cool addon. Well done.

Looking foward to seeing what else this module holds for the future.

So far I can say I am very happy with how it works. I love the idea of being able to get a txt when there is a support ticket due, and also being able to txt the customer when there is a reply done.

Edited by FlexiHost

Version 2.1.1 has been released.

Here is the changelog:

v2.1.1:

- Internal Scriptlisans API System

- Urgency selection for support ticket sms messages

- Better usage of SMS template variables

- Minor bugfixes

- Minor improvements

Here is the download link: http://www.scriptlisans.com/smsaddon/sms_addon_2_1_1.zip

How to Upgrade?

1. Replace new files with old ones.

2. Go to admin area and go to addon page, click upgrade. That's it!

If you're using a version later than v1.3 right now, go to your WHMCS Admin area, SMS Addon module page, you'll see link to upgrade. If upgrade fails(asks you to fetch files again after fetching files), it means that you don't have permissions to auto-upgrade. If you experience this problem, you need to upgrade manually by downloading and replacing files.

New update is great - well done.

My quick suggestion would be the following:

Ability to SMS the message to each different support department - so if someone selects Sales, it goes (or has the ability to be sent) to another number, same for Support etc.

A totally great idea would be the ability to reply to the customers ticket via SMS ;-)