SMS Addon v2 - Not only Clickatell Now!

I'm using this addon and i must say it's pretty nice good

and the new updates are exactly what i needed

specially the Unicode.

any way here is a few suggestions:

1-

to have an option to send password reminder for certain client manually by the whmcs admin

i know there is an option to let clients send a password reminder for themselves , but i disabled this options from the addon , as i have many clients just make a reminder every few seconds

so i send the password reminders as sms for them , only one time as per their request

you can make the password reminder as a drop down menu at the single sms page

as shown:

9482401.gif

2-

the same new drop down menu to have custom template sms messages

and these template messages can be set at the Module Settings

the previous image contain how this may be working

and the custom templates may be like this:

5688132.gif

3-

to have all the addon links , repeated the top of every page of the addon

to move between the addon features faster

as shown below :

3576823.gif

Regards

Edited by doongoan

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@doongoan,

Thank you for this great idea, I'll add this feature on next versions. It will be tricky as you can't use variables on non-client recipients. I'll use some java tricks :)

I'll never stop improving this addon and I'll consider each idea. For example, we have 2 different licencing servers now and I'll add another one on v2.0.2, there won't be a downtime on possible problems. Also, there is an algoritm that I'm developing right now, as soon as it is ready, smsaddon won't be have to connect to the licencing server on each process.

These are invisible details but with each version, I'm making background changes to make it better.

Version v2.0.2 has been released.

Here is the changelog:

v2.0.2:

- Fixed WHMCS v4.1.1 compability issues

- Send SMS x days ago before a domain expires

- Better usage of SMS template variables

- Minor bugfixes

Here is the download link: http://www.scriptlisans.com/smsaddon/sms_addon_2_0_2.zip

SMS Addon will still work with whmcs v4.0, v4.0.1 or v4.0.2 after this upgrade.

How to Upgrade?

1. Replace new files with old ones.

2. Go to admin area and go to addon page, click upgrade. That's it!

If you're using a version later than v1.3 right now, go to your WHMCS Admin area, SMS Addon module page, you'll see link to upgrade. If upgrade fails(asks you to fetch files again after fetching files), it means that you don't have permissions to auto-upgrade. If you experience this problem, you need to upgrade manually by downloading and replacing files.

I am using the BulkSMS HTTP GET API and I am having the following response code when I try to send a single SMS by choosing a client from the dropdown list:

SMS sending complete. Response from API:

24|invalid msisdn: 0823096710|

When I manually specify a Mobile Number it works, but only if I add a '27' (South Africa country code) and drop the '0' before the number.

In Module Settings I have "Number Correction" clicked and I have added "27" in the box.

I have some comments:

1. It appears when you send a single SMS it disregards the "Number Correction" value. I tested this on a new orders as well and I see on new orders it also disregards the value. However, the administrator does get a message (where we manually added a "27").

2. I believe the "Custom SMS Notification Field" and "No" settings should be optional. For example, in our business, we will eventually use the SMS gateway to remind clients to pay for outstanding invoices, and therefor we will be ignoring these values. If we want to collect money we will ignore the fact that clients have decided to say no here. This is very important for us.

3. Even though I have bought a license I am still holding out for the ability to:

(a) Remind clients about overdue invoices.

(b) Inform clients as services are suspended.

For you information, the API settings for BulkSMS are:

API Setup:

Custom API

Add + or 00 Before Number: BLANK

HTTP Get Base URL: http://bulksms.2way.co.za:5567/eapi/submission/send_sms/2/2.0

"to" parameter: msisdn

"text" parameter: message

"username" parameter: username

"password" parameter: password

SMS Gateway Username: YOUR BULKSMS USERNAME

SMS Gateway Password: YOUR BULKSMS PASSWORD

Custom Value 1 to 5: LEAVE BLANK

For module settings, I ticked "Number Correction" and added our country code (27), but as mentioned in point number 1 it doesn't seem to work.

Otherwise I am very happy to have this facility for our system. Well done on a good valuable module.

Hello @eugenevdm,

1. Single SMS doesn't use the "number correction" when you enter mobile number manually, but it should correct numbers when you choose client from the dropdown list. If it doesn't, please let me know so I can take a look at it.

2. Simply, just mark the custom field as "Admin Only" so they won't have a choice.

3. These features are not ready yet, you can see the development status from http://www.scriptlisans.com/devtracker.php

Regards,

Cihan Nimsi

Hello @eugenevdm,

1. Single SMS doesn't use the "number correction" when you enter mobile number manually, but it should correct numbers when you choose client from the dropdown list. If it doesn't, please let me know so I can take a look at it.

I am afraid on my system "Number Correction" does not work when choosing a client from the dropdown list nor does it work for the automated processes. How do we proceed from here?

Hello @eugenevdm,

Did you enable the number correction? It is tested working great with automated process. I can't say anything for the dropdown list now. You've entered the country code but you also need to tick the checkbox to enable number correction.

Hello,

Number correction does that:

Your number is 27823096710. if you enter it as 823096710, it will add 27 in front of the number. If you enter it as 0823096710, it still will be 270823096710. But if your country code was 90 or something end with "0", it would remove the 0 of the number and it would be 90823096710. I was not sure if this is right but I've got this idea from Clickatell, copied its method. It should remove the "0" from in front of the number, right? If so, I'll fix it in the next version, for now, make your customers enter their mobile numbers without leading zero.

...for now, make your customers enter their mobile numbers without leading zero.

Cihan,

I can't 'make' my clients enter their mobile numbers without leading zeros.

I also have 2500 numbers in our system that are entered in exactly the same way.

In our country when you ask someone what their number is their reply is always the same:

My number is:

0823096710 (mobile), or

0218802228 (land line)

So in theory your logic is right. Strip the "zero" from the number and append the country code.

But in reality it does not work as intended. The check box has no affect, as you will see in the logs and in the response codes from the gateway. You are welcome to log into my system to test. I will PM my details.

Here is the log after removing the "0" from a number:

2009-10-05, 16:15 admin 27823096710 0|IN_PROGRESS|103733660 A new order has been placed. Total amount: 50.00. Due date: 07/10/2009.

2009-10-05, 16:15 Eugene Test 823096710 0|IN_PROGRESS|103733640 Thank you for your order. Total amount: 50.00. Due date: 07/10/2009.

The Number Correction does not pre-pend itself to the number and the second message never arrived.

The current situation I would have to update all my numbers by removing the "0", adding "27", and then unticking "Number Correction". This is clearly no do-able.

Version 2.0.3 has been released.

Here is the changelog:

v2.0.3:

- Fixed number correction feature

Here is the download link: http://www.scriptlisans.com/smsaddon/sms_addon_2_0_3.zip

How to Upgrade?

1. Replace new files with old ones.

2. Go to admin area and go to addon page, click upgrade. That's it!

If you're using a version later than v1.3 right now, go to your WHMCS Admin area, SMS Addon module page, you'll see link to upgrade. If upgrade fails(asks you to fetch files again after fetching files), it means that you don't have permissions to auto-upgrade. If you experience this problem, you need to upgrade manually by downloading and replacing files.

i guess now you really have to focus on getting ticket submit message and send it out on sms.

or you also need to make phonenumber of default whmcs client detail to be your sms number.

this 2 is the most important.

and i have given you the code to do it :)

referrence to my code and do it :P

• 2 weeks later...