SMS Addon v2 - Not only Clickatell Now!

bartucxp,

i remember telling you to make your links more fancy by adding picture icon links just like whmcs home page. you can have big pictures because of your limited links.

design is also important when you want a good software.

if you need help in designing, let me know. i will design for you

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to suggest the following feature request:

* Ability to specify support department(s) for SMSses.

Why

We have multiple departments for our system, e.g. pre-sales, tech support, escalations, etc.

We only want certain departments to have SMSses, e.g.:

Pre-sales: So that we can re-act pro-actively when someone wants to do a sale

Escalations: So that we can re-act pro-actively when someone has a serious problem

We don't however want to have SMSses every time a ordinary support ticket is logged.

I am willing to contribute financially to have this feature implemented.

Feature Suggestion:

This interesting module of yours give me ideas. One of my business is selling sms. Can you expand this module (or if not needed by everyone) or provide customizations that will enable this module function as an sms retail service to clients who wish to have this? Then web-to-sms can be offered as one more product running on WHMCS?

What it will mean is that subscribing clients will from within their WHMCS client area be able to send sms, schedule for later sending, etc.

You already have the "bare-bones" of these features - just a little more customization. I'm willing to pay a little more for this.

Sorry about delaying the release of the new version again, it is not ready yet. This will be the last delay.

I'm on a business trip so I really can't work on it right now. Also, I've decided to add unicode support for custom APIs.

Sorry for making you wait. It is not an emergency update and all the functions that has been promised before you buy is working now.

We are very new to this SMS stuff. So, some basic questions:

1) Do we need to subscribe or buy load from Clicatel? Or is it something for free

2) Does is send reminders for due dates? At least 2 or more reminders. Or can it be programmed?

Most of our clients are mobile more than email or online and wish to be reminded thru SMS of their dues before getting their account suspended. Which is usually a surprise for them for having forgotten totally about it.

Thanks,

Hello,

1. You need to buy SMS service from a SMS provider that supports HTTP GET API. This addon was only for clickatell before so you'll find all the parameter settings for Clickatell but you can use other SMS prividers that supports HTTP GET API. So, sending sms is not free.

2. Currently, addon sends SMS on new invoice generation(daily cronjob). Payment reminder and due invoice sms will be added within 4 days with the new version.

Regards,

Cihan Nimsi

Hello,

1. You need to buy SMS service from a SMS provider that supports HTTP GET API. This addon was only for clickatell before so you'll find all the parameter settings for Clickatell but you can use other SMS prividers that supports HTTP GET API. So, sending sms is not free.

2. Currently, addon sends SMS on new invoice generation(daily cronjob). Payment reminder and due invoice sms will be added within 4 days with the new version.

Regards,

Cihan Nimsi

Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess, if we have many clients, we will spend quite a lot in sending SMS and may affect our budget.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess, if we have many clients, we will spend quite a lot in sending SMS and may affect our budget.

Yes, this might be a problem but if you introduce your sms services, I think this will make you get more client, and this means more budget. Clients like this kinda stuff. This will improve your service quality.

My clients who buys a service for the first time says "your website is very professional, I think I've made the right choise" when they receive new order sms so this is a great +1.

Regards,

Cihan Nimsi

Hello,

This feature will be ready in a few days, you can check the status from scriptlisans.com/devtracker.php

Just to inform you that we purchased the:

SMS Addon Owned Licence

Owned SMS Addon Licence and free upgrades forever.

And set up already clickatel and it is being tested now. :-P

Here is my feedback after a day of testing it:

1) For the existing features for the ticket support:

I, as the owner and admin, would like to monitor some of my staff (billing, tech support, sales, other inquiries) in attending to the tickets. I would prefer as an option that we as admin choose, like I want to get alerts for tickets opened for the tech support. It could be something of multiple choice.

2) For the clients, if we could have choices of notifications like for domains, hosting, other services.

Some clients would like to receive notifications for the hosting due dates but not for domain expiration and/or vice-versa.

Hope something like these above can come out soon.

3) Where do we enter the mobile number of the billing, tech support, and sales department?

I went to the administrators area and also administrators role and did not see any field for mobile number.

Hello,

1. I really didn't understand what you mean.

2. I'm planning this feature but it will require template modifications. I'll do first whatever I can do without template modifications.

3. You need to go to "module settings" to enter administrator mobile phone. You can enter multiple numbers.

Regards,

Cihan Nimsi

Hello,

3. You need to go to "module settings" to enter administrator mobile phone. You can enter multiple numbers.

Regards,

Cihan Nimsi

RE: #3 Administrators have different roles and are considered separate departments in the ticket system: ticket for tech support, ticket for billing, ticket for sales inquiries. So the tech support staff should only get alerts for ticket opened for tech support; the billing staff should get alerts only for tickets on billing concerns, etc.

The way I see now, any ticket opened or replied can go to one mobile or more without distinction if billing, tech, or sales. So, the billing staff may also get alerts for tickets sent to tech support which is not correct.

RE: #3 Administrators have different roles and are considered separate departments in the ticket system: ticket for tech support, ticket for billing, ticket for sales inquiries. So the tech support staff should only get alerts for ticket opened for tech support; the billing staff should get alerts only for tickets on billing concerns, etc.

The way I see now, any ticket opened or replied can go to one mobile or more without distinction if billing, tech, or sales. So, the billing staff may also get alerts for tickets sent to tech support which is not correct.

I had similar thought on this matter. We have the same problem, many different departments, e.g. sales, technical, account, and most importantly escalation.

I am primarily interested in getting an SMS if something enters escalation - so that I can personally attend to it.

Hello @cmo,

I never thought this is a necessary feature because if each department has different staff, then it is a big company and they always check the tickets without sms notifications. But I'll consider adding this feature.

Regards,

Cihan Nimsi

You are right that big companies have staff 24/7 especially for tech support and don't need to be alerted. But when the business is basically online, staff could always be on the move and attend to the tickets as they get in.

For me as admin/owner, I would like to have the option to get alerts from each department as I wish so I can also attend to some of the tickets as they come in.

This is just a feature request. Please go ahead with your scheduled plans. I am very interested in the next version to come.:-P