SMS Addon for whmcs v4 - Ready to Order!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick question.

I'm interested in this but want to know if I pay the $29.90 what additional costs will I pay to send the SMS messages? Also will this work in the uk?

Hi,

Prices are changed.

You'll get sms service from somewhere else and you can use any sms gateway that supports http get protocol. It is not related with the sms addon.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I don't know if your module do this :

When new client is going to register, to be abble to finish to register him, he must type an access code he just received before by sms.

This is for limit fraud,

sms code is just for one use, and it could be generated automaticaly.

I see this with some domain registrar, I found it great

Regards

Hi,

I don't know if your module do this :

When new client is going to register, to be abble to finish to register him, he must type an access code he just received before by sms.

This is for limit fraud,

sms code is just for one use, and it could be generated automaticaly.

I see this with some domain registrar, I found it great

Regards

Hi,

This is in my future plans.

Hi,

I need to know if in your latest version clickatell.com sms gateway is still fully supported? like in previous versions where we simply have to enter few details and it works? or have you discontinued this support of clickatell.com?

Regards ..

Hi,

I need to know if in your latest version clickatell.com sms gateway is still fully supported? like in previous versions where we simply have to enter few details and it works? or have you discontinued this support of clickatell.com?

Regards ..

Hi,

Clickatell is still supported.

Best Regards

Cihan Nimsi

Version 2.2.0 has been released.

Here is the changelog:

v2.2.0:

- Faster license checking

- New SMS template variables

- Textareas instead of inputs for SMS templates

- Bugfix: Send due invoice/domain reminder SMS for inactive products/domains

- Bugfix: Module suspend SMS is not working sometimes on daily cronjobs

- Minor improvements

Here is the download link: http://www.scriptlisans.com/smsaddon/sms_addon_2_2_0.zip

How to Upgrade?

1. Replace new files with old ones.

2. Go to admin area and go to addon page, click upgrade. That's it!

If you're using a version later than v1.3 right now, go to your WHMCS Admin area, SMS Addon module page, you'll see link to upgrade. If upgrade fails(asks you to fetch files again after fetching files), it means that you don't have permissions to auto-upgrade. If you experience this problem, you need to upgrade manually by downloading and replacing files.

Best Regards,

Cihan Nimsi

Version 2.2.1 has been released.

Here is the changelog:

v2.2.1:

- Much better licensing system: Faster and more reliable

- Bugfix: "Ticket Admin Reply" SMS uses "Ticket Client Reply" sms template

- Small design changes

Here is the download link: http://www.scriptlisans.com/smsaddon/sms_addon_2_2_1.zip

How to Upgrade?

1. Replace new files with old ones.

2. Go to admin area and go to addon page, click upgrade. That's it!

If you're using a version later than v1.3 right now, go to your WHMCS Admin area, SMS Addon module page, you'll see link to upgrade. If upgrade fails(asks you to fetch files again after fetching files), it means that you don't have permissions to auto-upgrade. If you experience this problem, you need to upgrade manually by downloading and replacing files.

Regards,

Cihan

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Sending SMS is me not working properly. Only send the SMS if they open support tickets from the customer area but if you open or respond via e-mail does not send the SMS.

I hope to help me with this because most of my tickets are opened and respone via email.

Excuse my bad English but I speak Spanish. Greetings

Edited by mhramos

I have been in touch with Cihan about this, as this is a big issue for us also. According to Cihan this is not possible, due to the encoded files of WHMCS. I haven't checked until now, but I actually thought this would be possible to sort via the support action hooks?

TicketOpen - ticketid, userid, deptid, deptname, subject, message, priority

TicketAdminReply - ticketid, replyid, deptid, deptname, subject, message, priority admin, status

TicketUserReply - ticketid, replyid, userid, deptid, deptname, subject, message priority, status

TicketOpenAdmin - ticketid, userid, deptid, deptname, subject, message, priority

TicketAddNote = ticketid, message, adminid

Cihan?

Hi,

Here is the thing:

WHMCS doesn't pass userid to the sms addon with pop/pipe methods. Yes, it is still possible to send sms but if I allow this, anyone can make you run out of sms credits by sending lots of e-mails to you. If whmcs would pass userid to sms addon with pop/pipe methods, everything would be great.

I've made SMS Addon TicketOpen hook function disable sending sms if userid is invalid. Except that security function, it works with pipe/pop methods too. If whmcs would pass userid to sms addon with pop/pipe methods, sms would work even now. If I disable userid checking, even people that are not your customer would make you run out of sms credits. So, "TicketOpen - ticketid, userid, deptid, deptname, subject, message, priority " these passed values are not working for whmcs with pop/pipe methods, that is the problem. If it would, you'd receive sms with pop/pipe methods even now.

I've discussed this with Matt, but we couldn't find a solution. Values are passed with direct hit to the pipe/pop.php but it doesn't work with cronjobs or pipe. Maybe this is because some kind of authorization problem on the serverside and if you can solve it, it will work.

I hope I could explain why it doesn't work.

Regards,

Cihan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I must admit that I didn't read all posts (only first and last page), so sorry if I'm double asking. I want to know if something very simple is supporting. SMS to admin after each payment.

Thank you

Maria

Hi,

This feature will be avaible with next update, very soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder if this module can be set to send an SMS to admin/tech only on High priority tickets, and only during certain hours?

I couldn't tell whether this is possible from looking over the module's website.

I wonder if this module can be set to send an SMS to admin/tech only on High priority tickets, and only during certain hours?

I couldn't tell whether this is possible from looking over the module's website.

Hi,

You can set module to send admin/tech only on high priority tickets, but you can't choose a timeline.

Hi,

You can set module to send admin/tech only on high priority tickets, but you can't choose a timeline.

Thanks! I may purchase and try it out, but please consider the ability to set specific days of the week and hours to send the SMS as a feature request.

Thanks! I may purchase and try it out, but please consider the ability to set specific days of the week and hours to send the SMS as a feature request.

Hi,

Thank you, you don't need to purchase it for trying, you can get a free test license from scriptlisans.com. I'll consider this idea, thanks.

• 1 month later...