SMS Addon for whmcs v4 - Ready to Order!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Version 1.3 has been released.

I promise that this is the last hard-way upgrade. After upgrading to this version, you'll be able to upgrade to next releases with just 2 clicks in your admin area.

Here is the changelog:

v1.3:

- SMS sending feature on module create(whenever client's web hosting account created) added.

- Sending single SMS feature to any mobile number added.

- Improved SMS template variables.

- Automated file fetching and upgrading, you'll be able to see if a new version is avaible and upgrade with just two clicks.

- Cleanup option for corrupt installations.

- A minor bugfix.

- Some minor improvements.

Please let me know if you experience any problems or if you find any bugs.

You can upgrade to v1.3 from v1.1 or v1.2

Here is the download link: http://www.scriptlisans.com/smsaddon/sms_addon_1_3.zip

How to Upgrade?

1. Replace new files with old ones.

2. Go to admin area and go to addon page, click upgrade.

3. Edit old SMS templates with new variables. That's it!

Are the custom client fields reguired for the addon to function?

I really just want it to send SMS's when a new order is placed don't really need the custom client fields. I'm guessing they might be required though because I can send a single SMS but new order SMS's are not sent.

Are the custom client fields reguired for the addon to function?

I really just want it to send SMS's when a new order is placed don't really need the custom client fields. I'm guessing they might be required though because I can send a single SMS but new order SMS's are not sent.

You need to create custom client fields to make this addon functional. If you don't want customers to receive any sms messages and/or don't want them to fill mobile number field, just create these custom client fields as hidden(admin only) so they won't see any fields and you'll receive sms messages on new orders.

Version 1.3.1 has been released.

Here is the changelog:

v1.3.1:

- A small bug about "text client on ticket reply" has been fixed.

You can upgrade to v1.3.1 from v1.1, v1.2 or v1.3.1

Here is the download link: http://www.scriptlisans.com/smsaddon/sms_addon_1_3_1.zip

How to Upgrade?

2. Go to admin area and go to addon page, click upgrade. That's it!

If you're using v1.3 right now, go to your WHMCS Admin area, SMS Addon module page, you'll see link to upgrade. If upgrade fails(asks you to fetch files again after fetching files), it means that you don't have permissions. If you experience this problem, you need to upgrade manually by downloading and replacing files.

Can you still send welcome *EMAILS* and order conformations via email to clients at the same time as a SMS.

For i.e. the new client checks out can he still receive all the default emails now along with receiving SMS.

So he would be receiving 2 things?

Can you still send welcome *EMAILS* and order conformations via email to clients at the same time as a SMS.

For i.e. the new client checks out can he still receive all the default emails now along with receiving SMS.

So he would be receiving 2 things?

Yes, of course. This module never replaces email system or anything at all in whmcs. It doesn't even replace a file. Your email will be sent, this module is used for sending sms on actions that you choose. If you choose to send sms on new orders, client will receive both sms and email. This module never replaces or brakes anything on whmcs, as I said, it doesn't even replace any of the original whmcs files.

Version 1.3.2 has been released.

Here is the changelog:

v1.3.2:

- Date format of SMS templates changed to use WHMCS date format settings.

- Optimized and better usage of the Clickatell API.

- Better-looking logs page.

- Licence check error instead of "invalid licence" if something's wrong with server settings or licencing servers.

- Some minor improvements.

Here is the download link: http://www.scriptlisans.com/smsaddon/sms_addon_1_3_2.zip

How to Upgrade?

2. Go to admin area and go to addon page, click upgrade. That's it!

If you're using v1.3 or v1.3.1 right now, go to your WHMCS Admin area, SMS Addon module page, you'll see link to upgrade. If upgrade fails(asks you to fetch files again after fetching files), it means that you don't have permissions to auto-upgrade. If you experience this problem, you need to upgrade manually by downloading and replacing files.

Hi,

I can see on your website that now you are only accepting paypal ? paypal dosent accept many countries including mine .. so can we also pay our invoice via 2checkout.com ? as I will be surely buying your one time license when your new V2 will be out ?

Regards ..

One more thing will the owned license include unlimited upgrades too ? I mean we will be provided with the new version whenever its released ? and Yes I am very keen to see this feature in it too (domain expiry notice sms to the client whenever his domain is about to expire) ..

Regards