SMS Addon for whmcs v4 - Ready to Order!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about expanding this to a user SMS system? Where the user can purchase SMS credits and send to other phones? hosts can add it as a value added feature?

It would be a different addon module, not the same thing. Maybe later I may code an addon for this.

Can is use the addon to send SMSs to any other person not only customers?

And UTF-8 enabled or not? because message from my site will be sent in arabic

Currently you can only send mass SMS to the customers, sending single sms will be enabled in future versions.

Clickatell supports unicode but it costs more than regular sms message. Unicode enable option will be tomorrow on version v1.1, so you should wait for one day and than after v1.1 released, get a test licence for free and see if Arabic characters work with unicode enabled.

v1.1 has been released.

- Mass SMS "Invalid Licence" bug fixed.

- Yes/No option for SMS notifications can be configured now, it doesn't has to be Yes,No.

- Sending email address and password on change password action.

- SMS Template inputs are bigger now to make editing easier.

- Force SMS option added for sending sms to clients who doesn't want to receive sms messages.

- Errors are red now on SMS logs.

- Unicode support(experimental, may not work).

Simply re-download and replace files to upgrade. Don't forget to visit sms addon module page from admin area and click upgrade.

Id like to see a Module for Bulksms.com aswell! :) Just a thought

I was going to use bulksms api but I've signed up and I didn't receive activation code. I've sent an email to them and after 3 days, still there was no reply, signed up again with a different mobile number and different email, didn't receive activation code again. As they have no support and module users will have trouble, I didn't use bulksms.

SMS Addon v1.2 has been released.

Changelog:

- It doesn't has to be upgraded from older versions, it can be installed itself.

- A bug fixed which is related to unicode support. Unicode support is still experimental.

- Force Sender ID feature added. Now you can force sender ID if your approved sender ID is not working.

Download v1.2:

http://www.scriptlisans.com/smsaddon/sms_addon_1_2.zip

How to upgrade?

- Can only be upgraded from v1.1

- Replace new files with old ones.

- Go to admin area and go to addon page, click upgrade. That's it.

What is the above feature about? Thank you for the update.

Some mobile phone operators doesn't show sender ID because for this feature, they cost more sms credits. This option will force sender id, it will cost more credits and your sender id will work. Of course, it is optional.

For example, we have Turkcell in Turkey, sender ID works great on other operators but not working on Turkcell because Turkcell requests more credits for this feature. This option will do that and force Turkcell to work with sender ID.

Edited by Bartucxp

If you can't see your Clickatell credit amount on sms addon module page, it means you should check your API settings. Make sure than that you've entered your server's main ip address into IP Lockdown area on api setttings, not your website's ip address. Then it should work. If you still experience the problem, turn off unicode support which is experimental and make sure your sms messages are not too long(160 characters per sms).