WHMCS to WHMCS Transfer

Everybody,

I just bought some clients from another hosting company.

We both have WHMCS 4.0 and I was wondering if there’s a script or something out there where I can transfer all of the WHMCS info from the old company to my company?

Google hasn't really "shown me the way" so to speak and thus the ask for guidance here.

Please let me know if you know of a way, or have any thoughts in doing this.

Manually isn't the best, but if nothing turns up here it's my only option.

It's about 150 users.

Do you use an instant messenger?

I may be able to help, as I've successfully merged WHMCS databases for two of my clients.

Sharing here would benefit all, so why not post the method instead of taking it off the public forum?

• 2 weeks later...

I resolved this by simply getting 6 people working on it by hand. I also had everyone call any customer that had not updated their information in a while and got them all updated with current info. It sucked but its done.

I contacted tech support and they stated simply copy the database from one server to the other. Maybe it would have worked, not sure as we just jumped in with both feet and hammered it out.

I contacted tech support and they stated simply copy the database from one server to the other. Maybe it would have worked, not sure as we just jumped in with both feet and hammered it out.

That's not going to work. You have invoice numbers, order numbers and all sorts of other incrementing things that will conflict at best, overwrite at worst. In the end something critical will be screwed.

• 2 weeks later...
Wouldn't there be an issue with clashing invoice numbers and client ID's?

Guess you're right..

The way i would approach it would be to write a script that gets all the clients, invoices, etc from one database, store it in an array that then inserts it all into the "new" DB..

• 2 weeks later...

I wish this was possible as well....

If you want, youc an make a script, or I can make it for you

Reach into the DB, for each user, enter them into the new DB, and continue off of the ID field if its auto_inc, then maybe have it recreate the passwords?...

Should be easy.

Nice of you to offer making this for free.

If it were, chances are someone would have done it by now. ;)

It would be easier on the older WHMCS version (3.8.x and lower) as the client password format and other encryptions were reversible. You would just need the hash for the WHMCS being imported (which was stored in the configuration php file in a variable). With v4, the client password would need to be randomly regenerated regardless, as it's in a MD5 type format now and cannot be decrypted.

Overall, the import is not too difficult for a decent programmer. You would need to loop through each client, insert them into the DB, and track the new client ID that would result. Use that to then bring over invoices, e-mails and the like (decrypting and doing new encrypting as needed).

It is more of a PITA than anything.

It would be easier on the older WHMCS version (3.8.x and lower) as the client password format and other encryptions were reversible. You would just need the hash for the WHMCS being imported (which was stored in the configuration php file in a variable). With v4, the client password would need to be randomly regenerated regardless, as it's in a MD5 type format now and cannot be decrypted.

Overall, the import is not too difficult for a decent programmer. You would need to loop through each client, insert them into the DB, and track the new client ID that would result. Use that to then bring over invoices, e-mails and the like (decrypting and doing new encrypting as needed).

It is more of a PITA than anything.

Agreed. I'd do it if I actually needed it myself. It's more of a "one-time" use needed type of script, so you couldn't really charge for it and it's hard for a programmer to justify doing the work for free if they don't need it personally.

• 2 weeks later...