assign multiple emails to one support department

FiFtHeLeMeNt

• 4 weeks later...

i to have this issue.

emailing to the pop account creates a ticket but emailing to a address that is forwarded to that pop account in cpanel just deletes the email and shows up in the logs as "department not found"

How do i do this, other than create multiple support departments that are duplicates of each other.

thanks

Ian

• 2 months later...

I dont recommend doing what decor said, what you can do instead is setup your second email (email2@mysite2.com) and set it to forward all emails too (email@mysite.com).

Having duplicates of the same department could be confusing to your clients.

I dont recommend doing what decor said, what you can do instead is setup your second email (email2@mysite2.com) and set it to forward all emails too (email@mysite.com).

Having duplicates of the same department could be confusing to your clients.

Exactly what I was going to suggest as we use this now!

• 3 months later...

This doesn't work for me. I have info@domain.com forwarded to sales@domain.com and another info@domain2.com forwarded to info@domain.com, so:

info@domain.com -> sales@domain.com -> Sales department

info@domain2.com -> info@domain.com -> sales@domain.com -> Sales department

(Directadmin)

Unfortunately, I'm having the error "Department not found"...

i to have this issue.

emailing to the pop account creates a ticket but emailing to a address that is forwarded to that pop account in cpanel just deletes the email and shows up in the logs as "department not found"

How do i do this, other than create multiple support departments that are duplicates of each other.

thanks

Ian

Hang on what i said was this does not work, as it doesn't , now what others suggest is what does not work or does it work on v4.1? as it does not on v4.0?

thanks

Ian

This doesn't work for me. I have info@domain.com forwarded to sales@domain.com and another info@domain2.com forwarded to info@domain.com, so:

info@domain.com -> sales@domain.com -> Sales department

info@domain2.com -> info@domain.com -> sales@domain.com -> Sales department

(Directadmin)

Unfortunately, I'm having the error "Department not found"...

Since I cannot edit my previous post I'd like to add that I'm using the latest stable version, 4.0, and email piping.

Why not just create two different departments and hide one of them?

That's what I have done, and works.

Setup 2 departments which are identical (ie support & support), set the email for one as support@domain1.com, and the other as support@domain2.com, and set this one as hidden.

Then set the piping/pop for support@domain1.com and set support@domain2.com to forward to support@domain1.com

I have found that this is the way that works best for me.

I agree though, it would be easier if you could set multiple email addresses for each department.

Edited by HostOrca

• 11 years later...

It is now 11 years later and we are on WHMCS and there still doesn't seem to be any better/easier way to do this?
Still no way to have multiple emails assigned to same dept.
I don't really want to have a duplicate depts for every domain alias or email address, this is just messy and confusing.

Does forwarding emails from the aliases still not work?

I use pop3 for the primary ticket mailbox, so I have access to the original emails when WHMCS strips out content that is required.

• 1 year later...