Colorful and well...awesome

What did you think of the site?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the site?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a difference of saying you can eat as much as you want and ordering a 96lb steak

LOL :lol:

With regards the 95TB of space, are you sure you don't mean GB?

There's no way a server could have 95TB of space for a single user, you'd need to have 95 1TB drives and charging $3.50pm isn't going to pay for that!

Now Now people... Lets have some sort of decorum here please. This is someone's non-profit organisation, not your unethical competator.

Before all of you went out howling that this is not possible how about we let the OP explain, it may be a simply typo or this could be legit. Untill you actually know the facts about this then I suggest you wait until the OP posts.

Your immaturity, "ROFLing" and in a sense slating your competators will only reflect on your own company. Keep it professional when commenting on someone elses work, state your opinion but please keep some ammount of respect yeah? :roll:

What amount would you cut me off? I can fill up 200GB pretty darn quick. Could you afford that for 5.95/month?
Wouldn't cut you off, your data may disappear unexpectedly though. Not quite sure what happened try again.:twisted:

I think you are missing the point though. On the OPs page there is no mention of "up to" they claim you actually receive that much space. My intent was to try to assist in letting them know that this is not believable and if they want to gain customers they have to at least be believable. Unlimited in my opinion is unacceptable as well, although it's accepted in the industry and understood to have limits other than the space for example, the amount of files, the amount of cpu etc... Unlimited bandwidth is limited by the connection speed for example if you are on a 10MB connection obviously you wouldn't be able to use more bandwidth than 3000MB a month.

Your immaturity, "ROFLing" and in a sense slating your competators will only reflect on your own company. Keep it professional when commenting on someone elses work, state your opinion but please keep some ammount of respect yeah?

I agree and I for one apologize if my comments came off as sarcastic, I was trying to utilize a real world analogy to try to help, not to try to discredit the OP and I certainly was not attempting to entertain anyone.

But with all that said I guess it is up to them to make the best decisions for their clients and to adjust according to what works for them.

I can fill up 200GB pretty darn quick. Could you afford that for 5.95/month?
If you are really in need of a plan with 200 GB I may be able to pull it off for 5.96 but I can not go down to the 5.95 and you would need to pay 10 years in advance:!: And yes that is meant as sarcastic btw.

I voted horrible.

The menus are the most annoying I've seen in ages. You're claiming CSS3 compliance which is impossible. The colours and fonts would be hard to read if you're colourblind. The googleads detract from your message.

I think you have your business wrong if you're basing it on being the cheapest. Customers rarely buy based on what is the cheapest and you really don't want customers that base their buying on how cheap you are.

Apart from that, the whole religion thing would have most customers running for your less whacky competitors.

If you are really in need of a plan with 200 GB I may be able to pull it off for 5.96 but I can not go down to the 5.95 and you would need to pay 10 years in advance:!: And yes that is meant as sarcastic btw.

Yeah... So was mine. I just think harping on this guy is a little excessive since a lot of you offer unlimited plans that are NOT unlimited. I get tired of the misdirection of webhosting companies that say what ever they want to to get customers. If your plan says unlimited, but in fact you limit the number of files, that is not unlimited, and in a way is bad business. If that unlimited plan really only allows about 10GB because of file limitations (50,000 files) then just say that...

We do not. We sell what you get, and tell you exactly what you get, and thats the way it should be done.

Is the OP maybe being a little misleading? maybe.. But in essence what he is saying(most likely) is that his servers have that much space available, and really is the same as saying unlimited. So quit harping on him. He asked for a response on his site integration, not his policies.

I think advertising unlimited space and bandwidth (even with TOS restrictions) is as deceiving, i have always hated the notion of "reading the fine print" and can never do it personally. I do believe that actually stating an actual absurd amount (in this case 95TB) is worse and could lead to trouble for the host.

Here are some points of criticism:

- I suggest creating a new/better logo. You can probably still use the icon but definitely better text (in my opinion)

- The header feels way too cramped up ( Not sure why you need to tell me what the date and time are... my clock is already in the bottom right corner of my screen. And I can see what the URL is by looking in the address bar :) )

- Perhaps some more white areas. I see that the background is all white, but I mean white areas.

- I would definitely add some more contrast

- When your page loads, it jumps, which is sort of annoying

- Try a solid background with maybe a gradient (dark color at top). I think this would make the content area pop and make it easier on the eyes as well.

Your navigation script is pretty cool. It might work better if the header was less cramped

I do feel that you are dedicated to your business and I get the feeling that you have a vast amount of knowledge and perhaps ethics as well. I think if you considered my points listed above that you will be able to clearly present this to potential customers.

I also see that you are using text instead of images which is good. Props for the validated site :)

Edited by Gears

Good points there Ace!

I suggest any further comments be only based on the WHMCS integration and website as agreed by many parties.

Regards,

Andrew.

True, sorry about that. In my opinion the WHMCS integration is perfect as it matches the site very well. And I do like the use of colors. The issue with the site "jumping" still stands though.

• 2 weeks later...
I voted horrible.

The menus are the most annoying I've seen in ages.

I assure you that these menus are the best that technology has to offer and are the fastest loading considering the scripts that are involved.

You're claiming CSS3 compliance which is impossible.

I know you are confused by new technology, so here are some links for you to go to and get caught up on. http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-page/, http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-roadmap/ ,http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-layout/

The colours and fonts would be hard to read if you're colourblind. The googleads detract from your message.

I think you have your business wrong if you're basing it on being the cheapest. Customers rarely buy based on what is the cheapest and you really don't want customers that base their buying on how cheap you are.

Apart from that, the whole religion thing would have most customers running for your less whacky competitors.

You can be negative about God all you want to be, that is something that you have to work out with God yourself. As to claiming the "religious thing" I do not, I claim that my organization are true believers of God, you know Christians?

We do web-sites for church organizations, their members and followers of God and we offer them free hosting, so a thought occured to me, why not offer a package that do not come under this catagory? Try to pay bills that keep my site up and running? I put in a lot of time doing web-sites for free which includes paying for graphics, scripts and the like out of my own pocket, so I put on google ads. Now unless I had people like you who would like to donate to my organization (send me a pm and I will send you the info so you can) then I could omit the ads.

Now on to the reason why you actually replied, you were suppose to comment on the integration of WHMCS into my website, does it fit? Does it work without errors? What about the icons that I updated for the iintegration? Better or worse?

If you really must put down my company or me personally, please do so elsewhere.

Thanks!

Edited by JabezDesign
title

Here are some points of criticism:

- I suggest creating a new/better logo. You can probably still use the icon but definitely better text (in my opinion)

- The header feels way too cramped up ( Not sure why you need to tell me what the date and time are... my clock is already in the bottom right corner of my screen. And I can see what the URL is by looking in the address bar :) )

- Perhaps some more white areas. I see that the background is all white, but I mean white areas.

- I would definitely add some more contrast

- When your page loads, it jumps, which is sort of annoying

- Try a solid background with maybe a gradient (dark color at top). I think this would make the content area pop and make it easier on the eyes as well.

Your navigation script is pretty cool. It might work better if the header was less cramped

I do feel that you are dedicated to your business and I get the feeling that you have a vast amount of knowledge and perhaps ethics as well. I think if you considered my points listed above that you will be able to clearly present this to potential customers.

I also see that you are using text instead of images which is good. Props for the validated site :)

In my opinion the WHMCS integration is perfect as it matches the site very well. And I do like the use of colors. The issue with the site "jumping" still stands though.

Thanks. I am working on the above you mentioned.

It sounds like you have everything figured out, and the best design, menu and code in the industry. No need to ask us little people for input:roll:

Why would you say that for? I have been listening to everyone and looking for errors, so I have no idea what would cause you to say such a negative remark. Have I said anything to you negatively? If I have so say.

You did ask for opinions..........

Horrible.

Has the potential but the first thing you need to do is get rid of those menus, settle for a basic drop down menu.

As for css3 compliant, who cares? do you think your potential clients think "ooh look, he's css3 compliant, im signing up right away" ?

Maybe if your main offering was css compliant web design but its not, its hosting.

You did ask for opinions..........

Horrible.

Has the potential but the first thing you need to do is get rid of those menus, settle for a basic drop down menu.

As for css3 compliant, who cares? do you think your potential clients think "ooh look, he's css3 compliant, im signing up right away" ?

Maybe if your main offering was css compliant web design but its not, its hosting.

But what about the WHMCS intregation?

Like I said, if you want to critisize my website for your personal gain, do that elsewhere. About the menu, the best only you see it different.

But what about the WHMCS intregation?

Like I said, if you want to critisize my website for your personal gain, do that elsewhere. About the menu, the best only you see it different.

The website is part of the WHMCS, thats what an INTEGRATION is, combining two parts to make one.

I fail to see what personal gain im going to get out of this, you asked for opinions, thats what youve got.

If you think your menu is the best and im the only one seeing it different then you need to read all the replies on this topic, i guess we're all wrong eh?

Heres some advice, if you dont want peoples opinions on your website then dont create a thread asking for them.

I was polite and honest to you yet you've attacked and insulted me for giving my opinion on a topic you created asking for opinions.

If you're not going to listen to peoples advice, dont ask for it.