Colorful and well...awesome

What did you think of the site?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the site?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not all hosting websites need to be the best web 2.0 awesome website.

i like your site because its clean, easy to navigate, and i love the explanations! i would get rid of the google ads tho, and your logo doesnt really match with the rest of the site.

i do like how you take the time to say that you will respect non christian websites as well! ive seen other hosts who dont take the time to do that.

While I might be against the grain with my thoughts. Not all sites need to be loaded with over done graphics so that slow connections take 10 minutes to load. I see you have all the neat CSS styles, and you used the coding to the fullest. I see a lot of stuff in your site that most places don't have. Good menus, CSS in the Forms.. Highlighted text box's.. I can tell a lot of time was spent on the coding aspect of the site. I applaud you for going against the grain in the site design..

Well done.

(PS, not ever site has to comply with what other people think is awesome graphics, because sites like that actually turn some people away from them)

And if your not going to give constructive criticism, then post somewhere else. No one thinks your cool for being an ass.

While I might be against the grain with my thoughts. Not all sites need to be loaded with over done graphics so that slow connections take 10 minutes to load. I see you have all the neat CSS styles, and you used the coding to the fullest. I see a lot of stuff in your site that most places don't have. Good menus, CSS in the Forms.. Highlighted text box's.. I can tell a lot of time was spent on the coding aspect of the site. I applaud you for going against the grain in the site design..

Well done.

(PS, not ever site has to comply with what other people think is awesome graphics, because sites like that actually turn some people away from them)

And if your not going to give constructive criticism, then post somewhere else. No one thinks your cool for being an ass.

Thank you, that is exactly what I am trying to accomplish. I know the google ads might be uneccessary, but I have to pay the bills somehow, and I think advertising my competitors is a good thing, because I know I am the cheapest.

No not really. Some places offer unlimited disk space and bandwidth to get them to singup, I put down what they actually get when the sign up for an account. If you are to really monitor your servers and keep them from over loading, you cannot just give up unlimited, besides has anyone really needed unlimted? I think unlimited is overated and just a way to get customers.

Edited by JabezDesign

I don't quite see how putting adds on your website is benofficial, it will only show your competators.

In my opinion the design looks outdated and more retro than anything, but good integration. Clean.

Looks like something from 1987...imho.

I know the design looks simple, but it is clean, very browser friendly and it loads fast. I like simple and fast because to me that means that the company is more customer friendly than company friendly.

I really don't see how it is outdated, is it because I don't use flash? or maybe some expensivce template? I try to do all my design from new ideas that enable anyone with any web browser to see my sites and not have to wait a long time for these so called new updated sites to load.

I have more detail involved in my site than most flash sites have in theirs, just my opinion but retro and 1987 is the way to go.

not all hosting websites need to be the best web 2.0 awesome website.

i like your site because its clean, easy to navigate, and i love the explanations! i would get rid of the google ads tho, and your logo doesnt really match with the rest of the site.

i do like how you take the time to say that you will respect non christian websites as well! ive seen other hosts who dont take the time to do that.

Thank you for your comments, I know google ads are not popular, but they do help pay the bills especially when you are a non-profit organization. :lol:

I think the 1st thing you need to do is get a new logo, I can't actually tell what it's supposed to say :oops:

There's also no consistency to the design, in 1 section you are using blue as the main colour, in another section orange, in another section brown and so on.

The logo is the name of the company, Jabez Design which comes from the word Jabez from the bible and design in which is what I do in my spare time.

The consistancy is that the different colors are there for something different something new everytime you go to a different page. I don't know about the rest of you, but going to a web site that offers the same design on every page, is well, kinda boring.:)

It is very colorful and got my attention. I like the way you separated the WHMCS Menu and made it your own. As a suggestion I would say tone down the colors and distractions. The retro look is definitely cool though.

Thank you for the kind words. I put the diferent colors for diferent pages so a person knew where they were at and what section they were in, just something different. :lol:

I put down what they actually get when the sign up for an account.

So I get 95 TB of space? is there such a thing? what type of server and how many hard drives, you do realize that is 95000 GB or 95 1 terabyte hard drives. Theres a big difference between offering unlimited and unmetered than claiming you get 95 terabytes...

Unlimited means the only limit is the available space

Unmetered means the only limit is the speed

95 terabytes means 95 terabytes.

Just like a buffet is all you can eat but you can not take the whole buffet home or spend the night and continue eating the next day.

No not really. Some places offer unlimited disk space and bandwidth to get them to singup, I put down what they actually get when the sign up for an account. If you are to really monitor your servers and keep them from over loading, you cannot just give up unlimited, besides has anyone really needed unlimted? I think unlimited is overated and just a way to get customers.

So, if I sign up and start uploading my terrabytes of data, I won't run out of storage until I have uploaded 95 TB? If so, I'll sign up now just so I can witness this!

Personally, I think it's unethical to advertise something which you cannot truly provide. The companies that offer hundreds of GIGABYTES of storage and bandwidth for ridiculously low prices cannot possibly afford for their customers to actually use what they claim they're providing. Your TB parameters are many orders of magnitude more ridiculous than most.

unlimited is not unlimited any ways. And if you read all the TOS for companies that sell unlimited and if you go by the tos, you will get about 10-15gb of actual space before they cut you off. So it doesn't really matter what he says it is not a lie if the TOS states what they can and can''t upload on their site. Same as all the other companies that say "unlimited"

unlimited is not unlimited any ways. And if you read all the TOS for companies that sell unlimited and if you go by the tos, you will get about 10-15gb of actual space before they cut you off. So it doesn't really matter what he says it is not a lie if the TOS states what they can and can''t upload on their site. Same as all the other companies that say "unlimited"

There's a difference of saying you can eat as much as you want and ordering a 96lb steak