Licensing.php encoding error

zomex

Hello,

It looks like the licensing module from v8.6 has not been updated for PHP v8.1/Ioncube:

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: The file /home/x/public_html/clients/modules/servers/licensing/licensing.php encoded as type [1/72] cannot be decoded by this version of the ionCube Loader.

Thanks

2 hours ago, zomex said:

Hello,

It looks like the licensing module from v8.6 has not been updated for PHP v8.1/Ioncube:

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: The file /home/x/public_html/clients/modules/servers/licensing/licensing.php encoded as type [1/72] cannot be decoded by this version of the ionCube Loader.

Thanks

Where are you getting that error?

Thanks everyone.

I am seeing the error on the clientsservices.php admin page.

Also showing as incompatible with PHP v8.1/Ioncube via the PHP Version Compatibility page. All other files are fine.

As per WSA's reply it's likely a glitch on my end. I'll upload those files again from a fresh copy.

13 minutes ago, zomex said:

All sorted after reuploading the licensing directory.

Must have been a glitch, all other files fine.

Thanks.

Strange one, second report of that happening (albeit the other report wasn't the licensing module, rather the system health checker). Sounds like a bug in the update utility (which I assume was used in your instance?)

Edited by leemahoney3

11 hours ago, leemahoney3 said:

Strange one, second report of that happening (albeit the other report wasn't the licensing module, rather the system health checker). Sounds like a bug in the update utility (which I assume was used in your instance?)

I completed the update manually. Always do for Zomex.com.

I think the licensing issue was one off. For some reason my upload must have missed that directory.

Thanks.

Just now, zomex said:

I completed the update manually. Always do for Zomex.com.

I think the licensing issue was one off. For some reason my upload must have missed that directory.

Thanks.

How are you uploading files? Normally .php files are uploaded as ASCII (text files) but that is not actually true for Ion Cube files as they are encoded files. In my experience they can get corrupted when you upload them as ASCII with some FTP/SFTP software. 

Trying switching to binary. If your FTP client is changing something in the file, the entire encoded Ioncube file is now corrupted.