Where Is My Data?

Cowboy

I am looking through the WHMCS database in phpmyadmin and I am only seeing some of the data relating to my clients and my hosting business. I can see transactions, but I can't see invoice details in any table. Also, can't find clients' domains, renewal dates, etc, etc. 

Is this being kept in a remote database somewhere? If so where and why is this being done? Is it to prevent me from migrating my data to a different system? The data belongs to me, not WHMCS. 

Am I wrong in assuming that if they are remote storing some of the data tables this would be a serious breach of ethics? 

7 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Is this being kept in a remote database somewhere? If so where and why is this being done? Is it to prevent me from migrating my data to a different system? The data belongs to me, not WHMCS. 

How the heck did you assume that WHMCS would store your data in a remote database that you do not have access to?
The company WHMCS doesn't store any of your data, except for the info you entered when you ordered the license.