WHMCS Smarters Hacked?

ahdonline

I have not been able to find any information searching online or here, but I have gotten two emails now from WHMCS Smarters via amazon,  Im not too concerned as there is no credit card data that would be recent, but this email did include all my company info, address, phone, website, my name (which is public anyway)

Anyone else see these?

******************  WHMCS SMARTERS HAS BEEN HACKED PART TWO ************************

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF YOUR DETAILS THAT ARE ON THE DATABASE THAT WILL BE LEAKED IF SMARTERS DO NOT PAY 0.75 BTC TO bc1qtjau3ygp3nun9cp9j9c7cwepfnfngwemq5lcaq

ALL TICKETS WILL ALSO BE LEAKED FOR EACH USER AND THE DOMAINS YOU HAVE LICENSED.

IF YOU DONT WANT YOUR DETAILS LEAKING CONTACT THEM AND ASK THEM TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING AS IT IS IN THEIR HANDS

Very suspicious they'd change the price lower over time if it was true, and attempting to have customers as leverage is a new twist. 
Is the information they showed you all accurate and only possible if it was on that site? No chance it's good guessing or social engineering?

Had the same here. I downloaded one of their free modules in 2017 before they stopped doing them and switched to selling IPTV products. Presumably their WHMCS install has been hacked and the hacker is just trying to get customers from their database to pressure them into paying.

Disappointing that the owners haven't shut the site down / blocked email going out as I've now had two emails from their WHMCS install. The likelihood of them paying the ransom would seem tiny if they don't have control of their own server.

From my pov, the data they have is either public already or obsolete so not worried about it at all.

17 hours ago, bear said:

Is the information they showed you all accurate and only possible if it was on that site? No chance it's good guessing or social engineering?

They're actually using WHMCSSmarter's WHMCS install to mass mail everyone in the clients table. The data is what you get from {$...} merge data fields.