Importing Clients from CSV

I am helping an organization move from their offline spreadsheet billing system to WHMCS. They have all their client data in a spreadsheets. So I am wondering if anyone has any clear instructions for the best way to inject client profiles into the DB or WHMCS or know of any plugins that make this easier when coming from CSV.

Quick search didn't find a module in the marketplace or like a thread here but didn't go to deep in the results.   Would say not to muck with the default database tables directly and in 8 that changes anyhow with users and a client not having a user could be an issue.  An addon module should be able to do this with csv parsing and API calls. 

• 5 months later...
11 hours ago, blakeh said:

tried finding some code samples for just using the API to import them but no such luck.

I have made this script for importing products: 

That should give you a good sample which you can rewrite. Regarding adding clients, I wouldn't recommend a manual CSV import via phpMyAdmin, because you need to import data not only in tblclients, but also in tblusers. And you can't set the password via a MySQL import. Use the AddClient API instead.

5 hours ago, string said:

I have made this script for importing products: 

That should give you a good sample which you can rewrite. Regarding adding clients, I wouldn't recommend a manual CSV import via phpMyAdmin, because you need to import data not only in tblclients, but also in tblusers. And you can't set the password via a MySQL import. Use the AddClient API instead.

Thanks, I'll take a look. I was planning on using the AddClient API.