GoDaddy Registrar Error

15 hours ago, Jmac4444 said:

Would it maybe be because the Godaddy module that is built in could be outdated?

well if you're still using v7.8.3, then that's 18+ months old - so any changes GoDaddy will have made to their API won't be included in that WHMCS version.

15 hours ago, Jmac4444 said:

should I maybe look into the Godaddy module from WHMCS marketplace?

you mean the ModulesGarden  registrar addon ?

https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/2278-godaddy-domain-registrar-for-whmcs

it's not marked as being compatible with your installed WHMCS version...

Full Version Compatibility

• All versions of WHMCS v8.1
  • All versions of WHMCS v8.0
  • All versions of WHMCS v7.10

the module was available when v7.8.3 was released, so they might have a version that is compatible, but whether it would include a fix for your issue, only MG would be able to tell you.

if I were in your shoes, what I would do is ask WHMCS support if this issue has been fixed in any subsequent version  of WHMCS - I can see GoDaddy API changes in the v7.10 and v8.1 changelogs, but nothing to specifically indicate that it resolves your issue.

if Support tell you that the issue has been addressed in a more recent version, and you believe them, then you will have a decision to make about upgrading your WHMCS install (assuming you can depending on your license status) - but that's not a choice that you should ever rush into, because while it *may* solve the GoDaddy issue, it will likely cause you many more problems/changes than it solves.