Searching in past Support Ticket replies

Dear Community

As i understand be default WHMCS only searching the subject and/or first message of a ticket, but we realy need the search functions as well es for previous ticket replies.

We want hire a WHMCS developer to add this option (if any developer here which can code this, please sent me Private Message), but as you know the WHMCS files are encoded with ioncube. Is there a way get/purchase the required file as plain code.
Or is there any other solutions, solve that issue ?

It's realy important for us.

Warm regards  

6 minutes ago, TrippleEx said:

As i understand be default WHMCS only searching the subject and/or first message of a ticket

that is correct.

7 minutes ago, TrippleEx said:

We want hire a WHMCS developer to add this option (if any developer here which can code this, please sent me Private Message), but as you know the WHMCS files are encoded with ioncube.

the fact that the pages are encoded is not really relevant, because ultimately this is just a SQL query, e.g you're querying the database for a search term... and while it would be better if we could do that by default, I don't see it occurring any time soon.

for example, there is an 8-year feature request for this with 10 votes... it's not going to happen... or you take the cynical view that 8 years is about the time it takes to get a request completed and it might happen any day now. 😜

24 minutes ago, TrippleEx said:

Is there a way get/purchase the required file as plain code.

I think as a rule, WHMCS don't offer access to their code in this way.

26 minutes ago, TrippleEx said:

Or is there any other solutions, solve that issue ?

I wrote a report 5 years ago that allowed for the searching of ticket replies (only searches replies not opening ticket messages)....

quickly tried the report on v8.1 and it still works. 🙂

perhaps one day i'll tweak the report to search both opening tickets and their replies... but if all you need is a method to search ticket replies, then the report could be a viable option for now.

• 1 year later...

I have used Brian's add-on, but I can only get it to search for things customers have said back to us.  What I need is a way to find a message I sent to SOMEONE, but can't find it.   We also put reference numbers in the Notes,  and would love to be able to find it.  If we can remember the customer, we can go to their account and manually find the ticket... But I need a way to search for "123456" and it look in the tickets messages/notes from admins.

I'd gladly pay for help in doing this, or writing in this ability.

53 minutes ago, garybarr said:

But I need a way to search for "123456" and it look in the tickets messages/notes from admins.

If I don't find something right away, I search for it directly in the database. The SQL queries would be:

SELECT * FROM `tbltickets` WHERE `message` LIKE '%123456%'
SELECT * FROM `tblticketreplies` WHERE `message` LIKE '%123456%'
SELECT * FROM `tblnotes` WHERE `note` LIKE '%123456%'

Via phpMyAdmin this also works via the "Search" link in the navigation bar (see attachment).

Based on the output, you will find the ID of the ticket / customer. While not as nice as a reasonably integrated search in WHMCS, this works well.

2022-06-24_21-33.png

Edited by string

1 hour ago, garybarr said:

What I need is a way to find a message I sent to SOMEONE, but can't find it. 

If you mean a reply in a ticket, that should be doable with Brians code, since it searches tblticketreplies, and that includes both user and admin responses. Maybe one of the filter fields being used is causing the problem?

On 24/06/2022 at 19:42, garybarr said:

I have used Brian's add-on, but I can only get it to search for things customers have said back to us.  What I need is a way to find a message I sent to SOMEONE, but can't find it.   We also put reference numbers in the Notes,  and would love to be able to find it.  If we can remember the customer, we can go to their account and manually find the ticket... But I need a way to search for "123456" and it look in the tickets messages/notes from admins.

bear is absolutely right - replies that you sent to users should be in tblticketreplies and so, if they exist and the search terms are valid, this report should find them... notes won't be included by default as it's a different table to search, plus complicated by the fact that a ticket thread could have multiple ticket notes and so outputting the results wouldn't be straightforward.

although note that if you find a result in the replies search, then clicking on the "Reply Id" value in the results should open that ticket thread and allow you to view the thread and any available notes.

On 24/06/2022 at 20:35, string said:

If I don't find something right away, I search for it directly in the database. The SQL queries would be:

SELECT * FROM `tbltickets` WHERE `message` LIKE '%123456%'
SELECT * FROM `tblticketreplies` WHERE `message` LIKE '%123456%'
SELECT * FROM `tblnotes` WHERE `note` LIKE '%123456%'

Via phpMyAdmin this also works via the "Search" link in the navigation bar (see attachment).

Based on the output, you will find the ID of the ticket / customer. While not as nice as a reasonably integrated search in WHMCS, this works well.

I suspect you mean tblticketnotes rather than tblnotes as the latter table refers to client notes rather than ticket notes.

SELECT * FROM `tblticketnotes` WHERE `message` LIKE '%123456%'

Gary, i've replied to your email - i've included a Ticket Notes search report that you may find useful. 🙂

On 2/24/2021 at 6:38 AM, TrippleEx said:

As i understand be default WHMCS only searching the subject and/or first message of a ticket,

Well that was something I didn't know.  After over a decade of simply not using the the ticket search because it was completely useless, suddenly everything is now clear.  Another inexplicable design decision brought to you by the geniuses at WHMCS 🤬

Thank you for the excellent help.  And yes, Brian, the Note Search you sent has worked miracles for what we needed to do.  We knew we had documented things that we wanted to reuse, but we couldn't find it without remembering WHO we had done it for.  You Rock!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@brian! I have been using your:

Brians Ticket Replies Search
Brians Ticket Notes Search

Which have been a HUGE help  to me on finding notes I made to save myself time.  I still don't understand why WHMCS is clueless to how useful searching past notes are, because we make all kinds of notes of how we solved a problem, so instead of researching something for hours again 6 months later (past our short term memory range), we can look it up in our notes.

However, when I upgraded to the latest version and to the new PHP 8.1, they both broke and I have tried to figure out what broke it on my own, but too ignorant.

Any chance there is an easy fix for them to get them back to working?