How can I escalate appaling support experiences?

I have a "Support" person telling me I should go and look  through the various tpl files to work out what all the missing language variables are that they failed to include in the 8.1 language files 

As if this wasnt a big enough absolute piss take that same "support" person has already confirmed that a number of the areas are actually hardcoded and not in the tpl files

I have never encountered a company so determined not to help their paying customers - its a bloody joke!

Submitted support requests - ignored/not responded too

Requests to support for issue escalation to management - repeatedly ignored

Direct Messages to staff on here - ignored

Posts on here - ignored

Post on their Twitter feed - ignored

Post on their Facebook page - ignored

This is a company that really appears to not give a toss - shockingly bad!

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi there,

Your support ticket has been escalated to me per your request.

I understand your desire to increase the parts of the product distributed with multi-lingual translations out of the box. Increasing the localisation options is in fact an initiative across the WebPros group for this year, so I expect by later this year you'll see progress in this area, further increasing WHMCS' value proposition.

In the meantime I'm pleased to see my support team have been pointing you to all the available resources to implement these translations on a custom basis in the immediate term, and raising cases as appropriate for reported and confirmed defects.

I have noted your feedback and have passed it to the product team for their consideration and review.

Thank you for taking the time to share your passionate opinions and pushing us to keep making WHMCS the market-leading business and hosting automation tool.

Just to be clear - if I identify defects with your product which you acknowledge- ie many many translation fields missing from the language files then I expect YOU to investigate properly and provide me a solution - ie a list of all the fields which should have been added to the language files. I do NOT expect to be told to look through the code to establish what those codes are!

Given that nothing appears to have been translated in the language files since version 6 I am not expecting you to provide translations of those fields

10 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi there,

Your support ticket has been escalated to me per your request.

I understand your desire to increase the parts of the product distributed with multi-lingual translations out of the box. Increasing the localisation options is in fact an initiative across the WebPros group for this year, so I expect by later this year you'll see progress in this area, further increasing WHMCS' value proposition.

In the meantime I'm pleased to see my support team have been pointing you to all the available resources to implement these translations on a custom basis in the immediate term, and raising cases as appropriate for reported and confirmed defects.

I have noted your feedback and have passed it to the product team for their consideration and review.

Thank you for taking the time to share your passionate opinions and pushing us to keep making WHMCS the market-leading business and hosting automation tool.

I see that you have now approved 4 of the 20 feature requests - why haven’t the other 16 been approved?

I notice that this causes a major issue in the feature request system in that people will browse by newest (from when they last visited) to see what new requests are in and then vote or not. As mine are now weeks old they are not going to be seen by many.

The whole approach needs a fundamental review & rethink -  from support deciding what a bug is, the clear intent not to accept defects as bugs, the behaviour or policy  of the developer not the customer is right through to the almost wilful obstructiveness of feature request submissions, the misleading “Under Consideration” (to most people that phrase means that the need has been accepted and the viability of delivering the feature is being assessed - and as a consequence don’t realise the need to vote) and the mess of the content itself (when I look at a system that appears to have 4918 open feature requests there is something very wrong!)

The overall impact of the current model & behaviour is that customers are given the impression that you are arrogant, think you know better than your customers, aren’t interested in what your customers have to say & are resting on the laurels of what your product once was .....

2 minutes ago, WHMCS John said:

Thank you for sharing your detailed thoughts and feedback.

For a bit of information about how our feature request system operates please refer to https://docs.whmcs.com/How_we_handle_Feature_Requests

Thanks for your condescending response - I know how a feature request system works.

What isnt covered is why you are not approving my submitted feature requests and WTF there is a limit on the number of votes I can give.

Instead of trying to justify the unjustifiable why dont you just approve my submitted feature requests instead of spinning me BS about the developers needing to review them first and remove the counter productive limit on votes.

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that the term Hell Desk originated from people who had the misfortune of trying to deal with WHMCS support