brian!

v8 "Login As Owner" link - open in new tab/window hook

in v7 and earlier, you could right-click on the "Login As Client" link and open it in a new tab - useful if you need to see both admin and client areas at the same time.

in v8, "Login As Owner" now uses a form and you can't right-click on it to open a new tab... *sighs* 🙄

so the simple hook below will open that link in a new tab by default...

<?php

# Login As Owner Open In New Tab Hook
# Written by brian!

function admin_login_as_owner_hook($vars) {

if ($vars['filename'] == 'clientssummary' && isset($_GET["userid"])) {
		return '<script>$("#frmLoginAsOwner").prop("target","_blank");</script>';
	}
}
add_hook("AdminAreaFooterOutput", 1, "admin_login_as_owner_hook");

you could edit the clientssummary.tpl template too and just add the target link to the form code.

18 hours ago, Manchester Web Hosting said:

@brian! this seems to be adjusted in the recent v8.0.2 and now you can click the login as owner in admin client summary screen and right click. Or am I looking at the wrong one??

I suspect you're looking at the right one - but what I see occurring is..

• if I click on the link, it opens the client area and logs in in the same tab (useless if I need to see the admin area at the same time).
  • if I right-click on the link and open in new tab, then it opens the dashboard again in the new tab and not the logged in client area.

hence why I wrote the hook so that when I click the link, it opens the client area in a new tab.

3 hours ago, brian! said:

I suspect you're looking at the right one - but what I see occurring is..

• if I click on the link, it opens the client area and logs in in the same tab (useless if I need to see the admin area at the same time).
  • if I right-click on the link and open in new tab, then it opens the dashboard again in the new tab and not the logged in client area.

hence why I wrote the hook so that when I click the link, it opens the client area in a new tab.

Aha, you are indeed correct! i right clicked and opened in new tab yesterday BUt never actually checked the tab. I did just now and you are right it just shows the same page again.

Someone needs to give those guys a bafta OR grammy. The work they do is fantastic... maybe someday they should be nominated for a nobel prize?