MySQL Workbench remote database

Hello, I have a question on how to connect to hosted website whmcs database on my local pc,

I am using MySQL Workbench, MySQL Query Browser to connect to cPanel database.

Usually for a normal website database I am able to connect peacefully, but for whmcs it's on the other way round.

For WHMCS, I filled in the hostname based on ip, username, password, and database name correctly but still doesn't let me.

Is there a specific encryption or accessibility to grant user to connect whmcs database?

Thank you!

40 minutes ago, leeyondking said:

Is there a specific encryption or accessibility to grant user to connect whmcs database?

no - it's just a MySQL database like any other... are you 100% sure the details that you are entering are correct and that optionally your IP is whitelisted for remote SQL access ??

On 4/1/2020 at 4:14 AM, leeyondking said:

I don't have much of saying, but it was due to port 3306 not enabled for public remote access. Have it turned on and now it is accessible.

I would highly recommend that you secure that - port 3306 is normally disabled in firewalls for a very specific reason. If you need access in this manner, only open it up to your own IP address unless you eventually want your client information to be exposed to someone!