how can users change their sub.domain on a Free trial accoun

Anders

Hello Guys and Brian :)

how can users change their sub.domain on a Free trial account?  but when i search here for a domain and Add to Cart > Checkout i get

Hosting
[No Hosting! Click to Add]

how can i add the domain or change on a  existing account?

warm regards A

2020-03-18_13-29-13.jpg

3 hours ago, bear said:

Just commenting on the secondary greeting for Brian. I though that was amusing to do. 

it turns out that i'm in my own subset, but not necessarily within the "guys" category.... that's a weird Venn diagram! 🤣

zq3xmEm.png

3 hours ago, Anders said:

aha yes Brian always answer nearly everything so i had do add his name 🙂

nearly?

how can users change their sub.domain on a Free trial account? 

they can't.

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/ability-for-clients-to-change-subdomain-after-activation

7 years, 2 votes = never going to happen.

how can i add the domain or change on a  existing account?

you can change the domain from the admin area, but it wouldn't necessarily have any effect on provisioning, purely on billing/visually.... possibly the MG module might give you more options with this, but I doubt it.

what's the reason for the question ? are you thinking about users upgrading their free trial product to a full product ?? if so, then product upgrades might be the way to go...

oh i see that is really sad 😞 

so 100% free trial does not exist user have to buy a domainname. and i to create a new account and transfer the trial website to the new account will not be a perfect day 😞

any ideas anyone?

warm regards A

1 hour ago, Anders said:

so 100% free trial does not exist user have to buy a domainname.

the way to think of trials within WHMCS is that you're testing what you can later buy - so if you trial a product with a subdomain, you can upgrade to a full product with that same subdomain; if you trial a product with a domain, then you upgrade to a full product using that domain.... e.g you can't test drive a Ford Focus and then decide you want them to upgrade you to a Ferrari... either you buy the Ford Focus that you've been testing, or you buy the Ferrari (or test drive it first and then buy it!)

the other way from settings would be to get them to buy the full product first (with a domain), give them a promo code that makes the first month free and tell them that if they don't cancel within that month, then they will start to be charged... if you go down that road, then there's no upgrade process necessary or transferring of hosting accounts.... though they would be trialling for a month which may be longer than you would ideally like them to.

Sir Brian,

i found another way that works for me, When i have a client signing up for hosting without a domain (i have uncheck Require Domain for that product) what is fine for me.
but when they click upgrade button product they 
don't get  to domainnamen order area. 

i want to achieve that everybody that is going to upgrade have the options to chose new domain, transfer or existing.

warm regards A

21 hours ago, Anders said:

i need to rethink my idea now?

I had to do the same when I first installed WHMCS 7+ years ago... the way I had my products configured pre-WHMCS were not really compatible with how WHMCS would natively offer them... so it was a case of deciding whether to custom code WHMCS to work the way I previously did, or change how I sold the products to fit in with WHMCS... I knew nothing about WHMCS coding in those days, so I took the easier path and fell into line with how WHMCS wanted to offer products.

2 hours ago, Anders said:

i found another way that works for me

but does it work for the clients!

When i have a client signing up for hosting without a domain (i have uncheck Require Domain for that product) what is fine for me.

that would be expected behaviour... a hosting product would probably be expected to have a domain name (reg/tran/own or sub) already associated with it - so when upgrading, you would just be upgrading the product using the same existing domain.

i want to achieve that everybody that is going to upgrade have the options to chose new domain, transfer or existing.

from settings, I don't think that you can.

Edited by brian!

21 hours ago, Anders said:

i need to rethink my idea now?

I had to do the same when I first installed WHMCS 7+ years ago... the way I had my products configured pre-WHMCS were not really compatible with how WHMCS would natively offer them... so it was a case of deciding whether to custom code WHMCS to work the way I previously did, or change how I sold the products to fit in with WHMCS... I knew nothing about WHMCS coding in those changes, so I took the easier path and fell into line with how WHMCS wanted to offer products.

1 hour ago, Anders said:

i found another way that works for me

but does it work for the clients!

1 hour ago, Anders said:

When i have a client signing up for hosting without a domain (i have uncheck Require Domain for that product) what is fine for me.

that would be expected behaviour... a hosting product would probably be expected to have a domain name (reg/tran/own or sub) already associated with it - so when upgrading, you would just be upgrading the product using the same existing domain.

1 hour ago, Anders said:

from settings, I don't think that you can.