Stripe error occurred when using saved card

I've recently upgraded to WHMCS 7.9.2. Since the upgrade I've been unable to use any stored credit cards when paying via stripe payment gateway.  When selected the saved card and error appears saying An Error Occurred. Please try again. 

I've checked the gateway log and nothing is logged there, nothing is logged on the stripe side. I can enter a new (same) card and the payment goes through but then the second saved card gives the same error next time an attempt is made to use it.

Where do I start trying to troubleshoot this?

I'm not using a custom theme in the admin area. I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'capture in both admin and client areas'? It occurs when a customer attempts to pay an invoice using the stripe payment option (currently the only one). 

Oh man... thank gawd that others had this issue. I was starting to freak, as the pile of client tickets of “I cannot pay my invoice!” was adding up. 

Disabling the pdo_mysql PHP extension and  activating nd_pdo_mysql worked.

I mean... if your clients see that you can’t make one of the most important functions of a billing solution work for your own company, how/why would they want to trust you with their own livelihoods?!

Yo WHMCS  folks... think you can have an alert flag us during an upgrade, alerting us that we have an incompatible php extension activated?

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi all,

We've seen reports of this error occurring on some environments in WHMCS 7.9.x and through our analysis determined that servers without the nd_pdo_mysql extension encounter this error. It seems mostly to be impacting Cloudlinux environments (but not exclusively).

I've opened case MODULE-7317 with our development team to look at potential programmatic solutions.

In the meantime, as others have stated, enabling the nd_pdo_mysql PHP extension will immediately resolve this.