New PayPal does not link my PayPal Business Account

cyben76

2 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @cyben76,

We've asked PayPal to take a look at this, and they've suggested it might happen because of some cookies/history in your browser.

Could you please try again in Chrome Incognito mode?

Hi John,

Same issue using Incognito mode with Chrome. When click activate the PayPal login window appears, I log in it just bring me straight to the PayPal dashboard

Edited by cyben76

2 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @cyben76,

Our technical contact at PayPal is interested in getting access to your WHMCS installation and server to troubleshoot further. Can you please PM your PayPal account email address to me so PayPal can get in touch directly if necessary?

Hey John,

The last time I had WHMCS support access my server it screwed things up a lot, so I rather not have WHMCS support access it. I'll PM you my PayPal account that I used in WHMCS. I can clone my exact setup in my development license in another server if need to access the WHMCS installation.

Edited by cyben76

• 1 month later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @sonuyos @cyben76,

PayPal have advised that the restricted country list was the result of the features and functionality being requested in the onboarding workflow redirect. A change they have recommended has been made to these requested features that should not affect functionality of the module but should enable on-boarding with all of the countries PayPal currently supports.

A hotfix which changes this is now available from:

Hi @WHMCS ChrisD

8 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

at this stage the majority we find are making use of subscriptions, for those people not wanting to use Subscriptions we continue to offer PayPal Express Checkout and PayPal Basic where you can force one time payments over subscriptions.

How about the existing process of letting the "Customer" decide whether they want to make a one-time payment or take out a subscription.

I guess there's a lot of us that use PayPal as our payment processing gateway for credit cards.

That way we can have a one-off payment from a credit card/PayPal or a susbscription via PayPal (where the user is required to have a PayPal account).

I'm a little confused (and worried) at the moment reading these threads and KB articles in preparing to upgrade to 7.9.

Recieving payment is something I definitely do not want to screw up!

Sorry if this deserves to be in another thread and I do not want to hi-jack it. I'm just reacting to that comment. Please move it if relevant.

13 hours ago, Vox said:

How about the existing process of letting the "Customer" decide whether they want to make a one-time payment or take out a subscription.

@Vox this is possible, you just need to activate the PayPal Basic module, also ensure that you do not have that Force One Time Payments    & Force Subscriptions unticked so the client has the options.

13 hours ago, Vox said:

I'm a little confused (and worried) at the moment reading these threads and KB articles in preparing to upgrade to 7.9.

Feel free to install the HotFix when you upgrade to PayPal Checkout (if you choose to) you are not required to switch to PayPal Checkout we are leaving the PayPal Basic Module available for users that do not wish to migrate to PayPal Checkout.

13 hours ago, Vox said:

Recieving payment is something I definitely do not want to screw up!

Completely understandable, if something does go wrong, we're here to assist you