Spam orders

mrtechnik

Hi,

I have started getting loads of foreign orders that use a non-existent email address. I do not advertise outside the UK and this is really getting to me.

What can I do to avoid these fraudulent and spammy orders that are being made?

What do others do to prevent this?

Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/11/2019 at 9:12 PM, bear said:

In your settings: "Request users to confirm their email address on signup or change of email address"
Also set up fraud checking, and never autoprovision accounts, except maybe for existing clients.

Thank you for your suggestion, @bear.

I have enabled the confirm email address option, but I wish it had a choice to force this. I may look to see if I can customise the client area template to remove everything and display a message to force users to verify their account.

I have also since set up Fraud Protection using FraudLabs. I hope they are good. I have also made sure that auto-provision is disabled for everything!

Because I mainly operate in the UK I have restricted my site so that it does not work for customers outside of the UK. I am hoping that this will help too.

On 02/12/2019 at 11:08, WeaveHosting said:

I have enabled the confirm email address option, but I wish it had a choice to force this. I may look to see if I can customise the client area template to remove everything and display a message to force users to verify their account.

there would be various options available if you want to go down that route...

either could be expanded to suit your needs - there are commercial alternatives, but nothing that couldn't be easily be reproduced from the above solutions (those solutions above were published first! 😉)