Downloading Backup Database Not working and filling up Cpanel TMP Drive with attempts

garybarr

The Auto Update normally works great for me, but when I tried 7.8.0 and 7.8.1, I'm having a problem.  It will take me to the "Download Database Backup" and when I click it, it sits there for a very-very long time, then shows this:

It'll never download the database.  I went and manually downloaded the database, and when I clicked download, I stopped it, which allowed me to "Continue", and it did update to 7.8.0.  Now as I try to update to 7.8.1, the same thing is happening... Only I started getting messages from my server complaining that :

DISKCRITICAL blocks : Mount Point “/var/tmp” (IP ###.###.###.###😞 3.51 GB/3.94 GB - 94.348772%

The server guys say:

Upon review I see the most of the usage was associated with mysql, in this instance there were several attempts to dump a mysql database named (MyWHMCSNameRemoved). The multiple attempts had temporary files associated with tmp and were still present.

Any ideas why I'm bombing at the download Database section and filling up my temp directory?

image.png

LONG after the error message above happens, I will get a System Activity Log saying this:

09/02/2019 14:52
An error occurred generating the backup archive. The error is: Unable to write tbllog_register data.

09/02/2019 14:52
An error occurred generating the backup archive. The error is: Unable to write tblmodulelog data.

I'm assuming this may be related (or maybe not)... but I also now can't run the reports for Sales Tax Liability report.  We use it every month, but when trying to run the August report, we set the dates, click Generate Report, but it just says loading and immediately goes back to the page without giving any information.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @garybarr,

How big is your WHMCS database uncompressed?

An "unable to write $tablename data" error indicates a capacity issue on the server. Typically the /tmp partition is full.

This is corroborated by the disk space warning you have encountered. One option would be to free up space or increase the partition size.

We are aware of the issue with the Sales Tax Liability Report, and have case CORE-13694 opened with our development team to resolve this in future.

• 3 years later...