How to create a credit note

Rania

Hello All,

Someone please can help me with finding how to create a credit note to cancel an invoice please ?

the invoice has been sent  to the  client containing a wrong amount .Now the  client are asking for a credit note .

I cannot find how to create a credit note 

20 hours ago, Rania said:

I cannot find how to create a credit note  

there is a free addon that can create credit notes...

https://github.com/Onlineforce/whmcs-credit-invoice

A simple module that allows admins to credit / refund invoices.

The module adds buttons to the WHMCS invoice edit page. You can refund an invoice and easily navigate between it's corresponding credit note.

The module does this by duplicating an invoice, setting it's status to "Paid", and then inverting all the amounts to negative. Finally it adds some data to both the original invoice admin notes as well as the credit notes admin notes, this is to be able to easily keep track of which credit note belongs to which invoice, and vice-versa.

• Open an invoice. You should see a new button, "Credit invoice". When pressed, a new invoice will be created.
  • The new invoice will contain the exact same line items, but with reversed amounts ($10 becomes -$10).
  • You will be redirected to the new credit note, where you can send the invoice to your client (standard WHMCS way). It is also possible to navigate between the original and the credit note by pressing the button.

pte1Be0.png

a "Credit Invoice" button is added to the Invoices page in the admin area...

Rnq4m4q.png

on the PDF invoice, the only change is that some text is added to the "Admin Notes" section of the output...

ugDettm.png

... similarly with the HTML version of the invoice...

9cagrWM.png

depending on your country, and their invoicing/credit notes laws, you may need to edit the html and/or PDF invoice templates to make them look less like an invoice and more like a credit note.

there are commercial addons in Marketplace that can create credit notes too... there's also a 4-year old feature request, currently marked as "Planned" - but no idea how long it's been in the planning stage, or if it will ever leave it. 🙄

• 1 month later...

I am still BAFFLED that this is not part of the vanilla WHMCS billing system!!?  All billing systems should have this right out of the gate!

IMO, The credit system is so stupid as it breaks account statements when adding manual credits!

See post I just made...

Edited by bluesteam

14 hours ago, bluesteam said:

I am still BAFFLED that this is not part of the vanilla WHMCS billing system!!?  All billing systems should have this right out of the gate!

IMO, The credit system is so stupid as it breaks account statements when adding manual credits!

See post I just made...

We absolutely welcome Feature Requests for this sort of item! I was able to do a quick search and located this Feature request which I'm happy to say is in the Planned stage: https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/credit-note-in-compliance-with-uk-vat-legislation

For those interested, continue voting so our Development can see the desire for this feature!

4 hours ago, WHMCS Marcus said:

We absolutely welcome Feature Requests for this sort of item! I was able to do a quick search and located this Feature request which I'm happy to say is in the Planned stage: https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/credit-note-in-compliance-with-uk-vat-legislation

For those interested, continue voting so our Development can see the desire for this feature!

In all honesty, this should not even be a feature request at all. It should be standard!!

And as far as I can see, the link to the feature request that you posted is over 4 years old. There is no point in bothering to vote at all if WHMCS doesn't care to add such an absolutely obvious feature that is part of every other billing system in the world except WHMCS.

• 1 year later...
On 7/5/2019 at 5:22 PM, brian! said:

there is a free addon that can create credit notes...

https://github.com/Onlineforce/whmcs-credit-invoice

pte1Be0.png

a "Credit Invoice" button is added to the Invoices page in the admin area...

Rnq4m4q.png

on the PDF invoice, the only change is that some text is added to the "Admin Notes" section of the output...

ugDettm.png

... similarly with the HTML version of the invoice...

9cagrWM.png

depending on your country, and their invoicing/credit notes laws, you may need to edit the html and/or PDF invoice templates to make them look less like an invoice and more like a credit note.

there are commercial addons in Marketplace that can create credit notes too... there's also a 4-year old feature request, currently marked as "Planned" - but no idea how long it's been in the planning stage, or if it will ever leave it. 🙄

Pitty that addon is no longer maintained and on my local installation it gives me error when I click the credit invoice button.

Looks like we'll have to stick with expensive commercial addons that cost as much as WHMCS itself yearly for such a basic billing functionality.