Email to ticket issues on admin area

Hi all.

I have been trying to get the email to ticket sorted on my site (all using WHMCS) and this kinda works in a fashion.

You can reply to a ticket (as client) and this is all fine no errors or anything and all seems to process correctly. I even get the notification through slack which has been integrated through WHMCS for notifictions.

When Log into the admin area it does not show up any tickets waiting to be seen to. I checked the logs and this says "Ticket Reply Imported Successfully"

So to me all this should be good although when i go to active tickets i can still see the 3 originally opened up to test are still marked as answered although the email reply from client side is in there, so which makes me believe when the email is sent and the PIPE is detecting the email its not updating the ticket status to CUSTOMER REPLY which would then show up as a ticket requiring attention.

I have attached images showing this info and any help would be great.

I have also noticed when a reply has been done by the client it shows up on the ticket as a member of staff has replied also.

Thanks.

admin side 1.PNG

admin side active tickets.PNG

admin side ticket log.PNG

client side 1.PNG

client side reply by email.PNG

client side rating.PNG

client showing as staff.PNG

Hi all!

I have discovered what i was doing wrong here and im afraid to say it was MY MISTAKE

Basically the test account i had for a "client test" was using the same email address as my admin user which would explain why WHMCS was thinking it was an admin doing the reply.

Maybe this could be a feature add in the next update to disallow an email to be used on a client account as well as an admin account.

43 minutes ago, Mark Coates said:

Basically the test account i had for a "client test" was using the same email address as my admin user which would explain why WHMCS was thinking it was an admin doing the reply. 

the help docs do warn against using an email address in use by an admin...

https://help.whmcs.com/m/support_tools/l/679784-troubleshooting-email-piping-problems

When testing email piping, you must send an email from an email address that is not assigned to an admin in your WHMCS system.

1 minute ago, Mark Coates said:

Maybe this could be a feature add in the next update to disallow an email to be used on a client account as well as an admin account.

technically, if you want to prevent an admin's email address being used by a client, it's just a simple ClientDetailsValidation hook that checks the email address against the email addresses of those used by any admins.

xX2O1t3.png

of course, this won't check existing clients against admins, only when they (or an admin) tries to change the client details will it validate the email address... and it wouldn't stop an admin using the same address as a client, but i'm assuming you don't have a lot of admins, so it would be a simple task to check their email addresses against the clients emails (you could use Intelligent Search for that).

it's an absolute certainty that it would be quicker for you to write any solution yourself rather than wait for it to be included in a future update.

clientvalid.php

2 minutes ago, Mark Coates said:

to be honest im not sure but i am wondering if it is the cron job i have added is doing this incase the cron job and WHMCS is created the second post as the second one arrives around 1 minute after.

I doubt it's the hook - it should only run when a client is being added or edited... whether piping triggers it, I doubt... my thought would be the cron is morel likely, but you could always disable the hook (just rename the .php to .php9 is a quick way) and see if the duplication continues.

Hi @brian!

i have found out that not only did i have the piping cron i had the email account forwarding to the pipe also so this is where the duplicates was coming from. not sure how it worked but it did.

i am now using just the POP cron using the port of 995 within WHMCS and everything seems to be working fine 🙂

Thanks again 🙂 

Sorry to bring this up but on the POP error messages i keep getting these.

One or more POP3 connections failed:

-----
General Enquiries <EMAIL-ADDRESS@danumhost.co.uk>
Error: Connection error: Can not authenticate to POP3 server: POP3 connection broken in response

I have 3 email accounts linked to this and it comes up with all 3 randomly during a normal day.

I have checked all email address's and password and all are correct.

On 2/05/2019 at 11:52 AM, Mark Coates said:

Sorry to bring this up but on the POP error messages i keep getting these.

One or more POP3 connections failed:

-----
General Enquiries <EMAIL-ADDRESS@danumhost.co.uk>
Error: Connection error: Can not authenticate to POP3 server: POP3 connection broken in response

I have 3 email accounts linked to this and it comes up with all 3 randomly during a normal day.

I have checked all email address's and password and all are correct.

I get this a lot too, even though the password is correct.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/05/2019 at 11:52, Mark Coates said:

I think that's more one for Support if it's a bug (sorry new feature) within the core .php files.