Client Can Login Even with Incorrect Password

hi everyone,

I'm having an issue that my clients can login to their accounts with Wrong Password which is wrong. i am new to whmcs and i am stuck here.

when Email Address is incorrect it gives me " Login Details Incorrect. Please try again. ". but if the Email is correct or it is a Valid user then it can login even with wrong password.

I'm running WHMCS version  7.7.1  

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

On 23/04/2019 at 08:19, Syed Ans Shah said:

I'm having an issue that my clients can login to their accounts with Wrong Password which is wrong. i am new to whmcs and i am stuck here.

if you are already logged in as an admin, and you try to login into the client area using a client's email address but a WRONG password, then it is perfectly normal for WHMCS to allow that login to work... this is true whether you use the "Login as Client" link in the client's profile, or you manually enter their email address in the client area login page.

however, if you are NOT logged in as an admin, and this is still occurring, then that would be wrong and would need investigating.

36 minutes ago, brian! said:

if you are already logged in as an admin, and you try to login into the client area using a client's email address but a WRONG password, then it is perfectly normal for WHMCS to allow that login to work... this is true whether you use the "Login as Client" link in the client's profile, or you manually enter their email address in the client area login page.

however, if you are NOT logged in as an admin, and this is still occurring, then that would be wrong and would need investigating.

thanks a lot   brian!  it was really helping. now i know it.

cheers.

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

This should only occur if you are logged into the admin area in the same browser, as mentioned above by @brian! if it happens even when not logged in as an admin, this suggest an issue that needs further investigation and I'd recommend contacting our support team to do so.

12 hours ago, WHMCS Lawrence said:

This should only occur if you are logged into the admin area in the same browser, as mentioned above by @brian! if it happens even when not logged in as an admin, this suggest an issue that needs further investigation and I'd recommend contacting our support team to do so.

Thanks for help. yes i was logged in as an admin too. then i tried by logging out as admin and enter wrong password in the client area and it gave me error of wrong credentials Which means it worked.

thanks again @brian! and WHMCS Community