Apple email sending problem

ROQ

Hi guys,

I have email setup via smtp and I'm having problems with any Apple email address (@me.com @icloud.com etc) where every email send from the WHMCS system is being rejected by the apple servers.  But if I sent an email manually from my own email client to the same addresses they are going through ok and don't bounce back.

Is there anything I can do to get these system emails sent through ok?

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hi @ROQ

Please note that there are multiple reasons why your emails may be sent to a spam folder or rejected, most relating to server configuration. WHMCS Email templates in themselves should not trigger any standard spam rules currently.

As all IP addresses have been recycled or reused, it is possible that at some point in time your mail server IP address may have had a bad reputation, or if your mail server is in a shared hosting environment(or similar to one) other users mail habits can affect your reputation as well.

Here are a few guidelines to help with this issue:

1.Check your mail servers IP to verify it is not listed in any black lists at https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

2.Contact your web hosting or mail server provider for investigation into your IP reputation. They will be able to contact other email providers on your behalf.

3.Verify your domain has an accurate and strict SPF record setup, as well as a correct PTR record.

Thanks for the reply, I don't think there is an issue with my mail servers because if I send an email manually to an apple address from the same address I have configured in whmcs, it gets sent without issue. 

So this is what I get back:

Reporting-MTA: dns; smtp.livemail.co.uk
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: C467B280172
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; my email address
Arrival-Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 09:00:32 +0100 (BST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; customer@me.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822;customer@me.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mx4.mail.icloud.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 [CS01] Message rejected due to local policy.
    Please visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204137

As sending via the mail client on the same SMTP works it isn't likely an issue with SPF or DKIM but would suggest to double check those just in case.  Also, double check that WHMCS is set to SMTP and not php mail.  And lastly, have you tried to contact them via the email they list on that page?