Is there have any whm/cPanle alternative free/opensource panel which I in interrogate with my WHMCS?

• 4 weeks later...

The most reliable cpanel alternatives I have used that are free are Ispcomfig and Virtualmin.

Others that have free offerings are

Centos Web Panel

Cyberpanel

Vestacp

I am currently using Virtualmin, CWP, and Cyberpanel. Virtualmin is extremely complicated to use but by far the most feature rich for GUI use, CWP and Cyberpanel have much nicer interfaces (particularly for client/user dashboard).

Cyberpanel uses Openlightspeed web server (it's the only one that natively does). For single use, Cyberpanel is a great alternative to whm cpanel. For webhosting use for clients shared hosting  im fairly convinced that the paid version may be a necessary choice (due to the need to protect your server from client abuse by assigning user quota and limits in webhosting)

If you want top notch support and reliability...definitely ISPConfig. However setting up a server to use it is a marathon...it's frustratingly slow to configure anything on Ispconfig...but once setup and fine tuned, a very reliable panel. Has no file manager!

If you need file manager, maturity and stability, Virtualmin 100% (virtualmin docs and support aren't the best though...not terrible, but forums support for "virtualmin-gpl" free version could be a lot better than it is.) Virtualmin is a massive learning curve...its a very powerful control panel and its dashboard needs a street directory to find things!

Centos Web Panel is a great looking control panel but absolutely full of little stupid mistakes that cause bugs in it...things like WordPress script installer stuffs up adding password to wp-config.php...hence a brand new user account WordPress install throws a "cannot connect to database" error.)

If you did choose CWP, best option is the monthly lease...it's cheap as at like $5 per month for the main server panel "pro version"...so across 30 clients...That's miniscule At like 60cents per user(oops math terrible this morning...just over 16 cents)

If you want free, stable, maturity and reliability, functionality, and provide shared hosting for clients, however have clients who are willing to put up with its somewhat disjointed interface design...out of all the free panels, virtualmin is  "by far" the safest option. I cannot understate how big of a learning curve it is though. Also, if you start messing around with virtualmin defaults without 100% knowing what you are doing...you will destroy it and have to wipe the server and start again. I have been using it for 2 years and have done that many times.

Edited by adamjedgar

2 hours ago, adamjedgar said:

Also, if you start messing around with virtualmin defaults without 100% knowing what you are doing...you will destroy it and have to wipe the server and start again. I have been using it for 2 years and have done that many times.

Ha ha ha.... 

Thank you for your great reply, I really like the Cyberpanel interface CWP is also nice. I didn't like Virtualmin that so much but maybe I will start with Virtualmin for now. because of you are using Virtualmin I have some question :-

1. Are you using litespeed server? or is it possible to configure with openlitespeed with Virtualmin?
  2. For node js is there have any module? like on cPanel user can easily host their node.js/laravel etc application 

There has been some discussion on the virtualmin community about openlightspeed integration. I read that someone has done it, however as far as I am aware it's not a drop in replacement in virtualmin  like nginx is (requires some manual configuring). Apparently virtualmin ran a bit of an internal poll a number of years ago and the consensus was that more people wanted nginx...so openlightspeed was dumped off the to do list at the time. I am not sure if there are now plans to reverse that decision, although the community has rumblings asking for openlightspeed integration.

In answer to your second question...I would have to check to remind myself...I don't use it, however one of the webpanels I use I thought had an option for that...I think it was the Virtualmin one.

EDIT

giithub has a virtualmin module that might be inline with what you are asking...https://github.com/evan-sctg/Virtualmin-server-install-script---installs-latest-NodeJS-NVM-NPM

Off-topic...one thing I am starting to believe about ispconfig, it's quite manual in a lot of ways, however I think it teaches a much deeper understanding of ones webserver than virtualmin or cwp or Cyberpanel. So when things go wrong, I have a lot more faith in them being fixable on Ispconfig.

Edited by adamjedgar