cloudflare annoyance

tkalfaoglu

I just tried to create a ticket.. I have a STATIC IP address.

After filling out the ticket hitting submit, the Cloudflare terror tells me that SORRY YOU ARE BANNED.

What kinda nonsense service does this cloudflare provide and why does a reputable company like WHMCS relies on such error ridden services?

Moreover what I do I do with my urgent ticket now?

Depending on their settings and such, they could be using cloudflare's web application firewall that helps stop hackers from using exploits to gain access to WHMCS's systems.  It is used on a lot, a lot, of sites around the Internet.  Cloudflare also provides a whole site "CDN" that helps to deliver content to regions further away from the server faster because they are cached in that region. 

In this context, I would say whatever you were putting in the ticket triggered a web application rule a few to many times and so cloudflare banned you.  For example, if you put in linux commands or specific PHP calls. 

One option to get around this is to use a VPN, a server with RDP installed not using your IP, or another connection basically.   The ban should, IIRC, go away eventually but do not recall the timing.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @tkalfaoglu,

I'm sorry to hear you experienced difficulties accessing our website.

Assuming you were accessing our website using the same IP as posting here, I see that some data in your bug report did trigger one of Cloudflare's WAF rules.

I've made a change at our end, so you should now see a recaptcha challange instead of a straight block. Please give it another try.