Missing sidebar on orderforms only errol.tpl

lims

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @lims,

That's correct, the sidebar is not displayed on the Out of Stock page. This is the same in previous versions too.

We welcome feature requests online at http://requests.whmcs.com
Feel free to suggest this as a new idea for comment and voting upon by other WHMCS users.

The more votes an idea receives, the more likely it is to be considered by our development team for potential inclusion in a future feature update.

@WHMCS John - when you get a moment, can you check this for me...

on my v7.7.1 dev (clean install of v7.7.0 with a manual update using the incremental patch to v7.7.1), i'm seeing the following...

zTro6tr.png

the template is "Six" (clean), the orderform template is "Standard_cart" (again clean) and the product group is using the default orderform (standard_cart) template... yet if you look at the source code for the page, it's using the "Boxes" error.tpl page..

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="templates/orderforms//style.css" />

<div id="order-boxes">

<div class="header-lined">
        <h1>Out of Stock</h1>
    </div>

<p>We are currently out of stock on this item so orders for it have been suspended until more stock is available. For further information, please contact us.</p>

<p class="text-center">
        <a href="javascript:history.go(-1)" class="btn btn-default">&laquo; Go back & try again</a>
    </p>

</div>

I haven't altered the URL in the <link> - that's exactly how it looks in the browser... so it's not using the error.tpl from standard_cart, it's using error.tpl from "boxes"... if I rename "boxes" to "zboxes", only then does it use the standard_cart/error.tpl template... even if I specify "standard_cart" in the product group settings, it still uses "Boxes"...

i've done a complete reupload from the v7.7.1 full zip and that hasn't changed the situation...if it's not a bug, but a quirk in the devs, then I can live with it... but thought it worth mentioning in case it wasn't... also, all my v7 devs that i've tested seem to do the same thing - they were all clean installs, but using duplicated versions of the previous dev database... i've just tried v7.6 with a clean database and i'm seeing exactly the same thing... if I add a {debug} to the boxes/error.tpl template, then I see that $carttpl doesn't exist (which is implied by that <link> anyway)... any ideas?

6 hours ago, lims said:

i have found missing sidebar only on error.tpl

if you wanted the error template to be full-width, you could either edit the template to remove the sidebars, or rewrite the template to check to see if there are any sidebars (pointless if John says there are never any), and adjust the output accordingly.

50 minutes ago, brian! said:

if you wanted the error template to be full-width, you could either edit the template to remove the sidebars, or rewrite the template to check to see if there are any sidebars (pointless if John says there are never any), and adjust the output accordingly.

i have try clean template,  and now all Out of Stock page  goes to boxes

and added new sidebar-custom.tpl in boxes like this

<div class="panel panel-sidebar">
    <div class="panel-heading">
        <h3 class="panel-title">
        <i class="fas fa-plus"></i>&nbsp; {$LANG.actions}
        <i class="fas fa-chevron-up panel-minimise pull-right"></i>
        </h3>
    </div>
    <div class="list-group">
        <a href="cart.php?a=add&domain=register" class="list-group-item" id="Secondary_Sidebar-Actions-Domain_Registration">
            <i class="fas fa-globe fa-fw"></i>&nbsp;{$LANG.orderregisterdomain}</a>
        <a href="cart.php?a=add&domain=transfer" class="list-group-item" id="Secondary_Sidebar-Actions-Domain_Transfer">
            <i class="fas fa-globe fa-fw"></i>&nbsp;{$LANG.transferinadomain}</a>
        <a href="cart.php?a=view" class="list-group-item" id="Secondary_Sidebar-Actions-View_Cart">
                <i class="fas fa-shopping-cart fa-fw"></i>&nbsp;{$LANG.viewcart}</a>
    </div>
</div>

and error.tpl in boxes

<div id="order-boxes">
    <div class="pull-md-right col-md-9">
        <div class="header-lined">
            <h1>{$errortitle}</h1>
        </div>
    </div>
    <div class="col-md-3 pull-md-left sidebar hidden-xs hidden-sm">
        {include file="orderforms/boxes/sidebar-custom.tpl"}
    </div>
    <p>{$errormsg}</p>
    <p class="text-center">
        <a href="javascript:history.go(-1)" class="btn btn-default">&laquo; {$LANG.problemgoback}</a>
    </p>
</div>

custom.PNG.7a0a80397383fa4be56805cb4bdadb4a.PNG

1 minute ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @bear,

Case #CORE-12283 is open internally to look at improving the styling of the out of stock page in future.

@WHMCS John, i'm not sure what @bear has to do with this thread! 🙂

just to be sure - are you saying that what i'm seeing in my devs is a bug (e.g using Boxes for error.tpl), and not a quirk of my devs ?