Improved homepage To-Do list

Nick

Fixed two cases of ownership statements being produced grammatically incorrect.

IE: Anna Douglas's to Anna Douglas'

Replace:

echo "<h1>" . $thisadmin['firstname'] . " " . $thisadmin['lastname'] . "'s To-Do List (" . $ites . ")</h1>";

With:

if (substr($thisadmin['lastname'], -1) != 's')
		echo "<h1>" . $thisadmin['firstname'] . " " . $thisadmin['lastname'] . "'s To-Do List (" . $ites . ")</h1>";
	else
		echo "<h1>" . $thisadmin['firstname'] . " " . $thisadmin['lastname'] . "' To-Do List (" . $ites . ")</h1>";

And replace:

$vis_dropdown[$key] = $value['firstname'] . " " . $value['lastname'] . "'s";

With:

if (substr($value['lastname'], -1) != 's')
	$vis_dropdown[$key] = $value['firstname'] . " " . $value['lastname'] . "'s";
else
	$vis_dropdown[$key] = $value['firstname'] . " " . $value['lastname'] . "'";

Good work on the script though. We really appreciate it. :)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be possible to have a to-do item that has multiple admins on it? Right now I'm adding an item for each admin, but that doesn't really keep track for all of us whether it's done or not. Sometimes a couple people on the team collaborate and a grouping function of some sort would be very useful.

Script works great otherwise, definitely much more useful than the standard to-do.

Fixed two cases of ownership statements being produced grammatically incorrect.

IE: Anna Douglas's to Anna Douglas'

[...]

Good work on the script though. We really appreciate it. :)

Thanks :) - I had actually already planned to fix that in the next version, I'll add your changes in. I've also removed the trailing space that shows before the 's if the admin doesn't have a surname set.

Would it be possible to have a to-do item that has multiple admins on it? Right now I'm adding an item for each admin, but that doesn't really keep track for all of us whether it's done or not. Sometimes a couple people on the team collaborate and a grouping function of some sort would be very useful.

Script works great otherwise, definitely much more useful than the standard to-do.

Anything's possible, but this would also require database modification, which I was avoiding. It would also be necessary to be able to add things to the to-do list from the homepage (which I am working on for the next version). If this does appear, it'll likely be version after next.

Suggestion:

Mail notifications - When a todo item is assigned to a user, send email with notification to that user

Can this be made?

Other then that it is indeed a wonderful addon and very useful. Thank you very much for sharing it with the community and congratulations on a job well done.

Cheers,

Hi,

I think i found the problem for the errors:

Open homepage.tpl

Search for:

$now = mktime(0,0,0,date("n"),date("j"),date("Y"));

Replace with:

$now = mktime(0,0,0,date("n"),date("j"),date("Y"),0);

Search for:

$then = mktime(0,0,0,$input[1],$input[2],$input[0]);

Replace with:

$then = mktime(0,0,0,$input[1],$input[2],$input[0],0);

The error was due to php mktime function trying to calculate/guess daylight savings.

I hope it helps...

Suggestion:

Mail notifications - When a todo item is assigned to a user, send email with notification to that user

Can this be made?

Other then that it is indeed a wonderful addon and very useful. Thank you very much for sharing it with the community and congratulations on a job well done.

Cheers,

Possible, might consider something like this if the person isn't assigning something to themselves.

Hi,

I think i found the problem for the errors:

[...]

The error was due to php mktime function trying to calculate/guess daylight savings.

I hope it helps...

Thanks for that - didn't spot that on my install because of the PHP configuration. I'll include the changes in the next release.

Hey Nick, thanks for the to-do! You should set up a subscription newsletter/mailing list so people can sign up for the latest news/updates relating to the work you are doing. Just a suggestion :)

That's kinda what subscribing to a forum thread does for you anyway....and you're automatically subscribed just because you've posted in the thread as well.

:-)

Si

That's kinda what subscribing to a forum thread does for you anyway....and you're automatically subscribed just because you've posted in the thread as well.

I realize how thread subscriptions work, but thanks anyway ;) My suggestion was for him to have his own unique mailing list of people who are interested in and/or use his WHMCS addons.

• 4 weeks later...

i ve installed the latest version of this modification and have the below errors:

Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The first argument should be either a string or an integer in /home/****/public_html/******/templates_c/%%19^19D^19D6A856%%homepage.tpl.php on line 118

Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The first argument should be either a string or an integer in /home/*****/public_html/*****/templates_c/%%19^19D^19D6A856%%homepage.tpl.php on line 118

I installed it yesterday, and it seemed to be fine. Today, after some admin's added items, it started showing the above.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

Great Mod, but is there a way to add some extra status comments for different tasks we use the list for.

It has "Incomplete", "New", "Pending", "In Progress", "Completed", "Postponed", but i would like a couple more.

thanks

Ian

I'm looking for a few volunteers to test the next version in different browsers, PM me if you're willing. Especially Opera, Safari or IE7 users, though IE6 and FF welcome. The entire to-do list can now be managed from the front page.

Great Mod, but is there a way to add some extra status comments for different tasks we use the list for.

It has "Incomplete", "New", "Pending", "In Progress", "Completed", "Postponed", but i would like a couple more.

thanks

Ian

Yes, edit admin/templates/homepage.tpl, line 66:

$statii = array("Incomplete", "New", "Pending", "In Progress", "Completed", "Postponed");

Add in more as you see fit there, but it's probably not a good idea to remove any of the existing ones, especially 'Completed'. They'll appear in the drop down boxes in the same order as you enter them there.

Is it possible to put 'Importance' in it, or priority?

There's two ways of doing this: A hack or properly.

The hack involves doing what decor asked for above, adding extra statuses for different importances. Obviously that isn't ideal, but doing it properly involves having to make database modifications, which I've been avoiding because I've been trying to keep this mod compatible with the built-in to-do list.

I'm looking for a few volunteers to test the next version in different browsers, PM me if you're willing. Especially Opera, Safari or IE7 users, though IE6 and FF welcome. The entire to-do list can now be managed from the front page.

Still looking?

• 1 month later...