Improved homepage To-Do list

Nick

if i change line 52 of you code from:

var calx = new CalendarPopup("calendardiv");

to

var calx = new CalendarPopup();

then i get a popup in a new window and when i select a date it refreshes my browser and it works.

so i am pretty sure its an issue with your calendar popup and the var "calendardiv"

but i am pretty sure it is referring to line 52 of the javascript file... anyway obviously i am not a javascript coder. if you need me to test anything out on windows for you, let me know.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An update to make WHMCSTDL compatible with the upcoming release of WHMCS v3.6.0:

DO NOT INSTALL IF YOU'RE USING A VERSION LOWER THAN 3.6.0

v1.1.1 zip

v1.1.1 tar.gz

Changes:

* Updated: WHMCS 3.5.1->3.6.0 modified the homepage.tpl file. WHMCSTDL is now compatible with 3.6.0 with version 1.1.1. This means v1.1.1+ of WHMCSTDL will NOT be compatible with versions of WHMCS v3.5.1 and lower.

* Updated: Some slight readability modifications.

* Fixed: Preliminary tests show that v1.1.1 works with IE6, IE7 and FireFox. There were reports previously of problems when viewing with IE7. I'm unable to extensively test in IE7 to properly debug.

Screenshot: link

Other than clicking the 'manage to-do list' link to be taken to WHMCS' to-do list page, not currently.

I may include a 'view all users' link in the next version, I might also look into checking to see if users have access to WHMCS built-in to-do list before it'll allow editing of other users' items.

I'll wait until v3.6.0 has gone stable before releasing any updates.

• 2 weeks later...

As version 3.6.0 has now been released, here's WHMCSTDL version 1.2.0.

v1.2.0 zip

v1.2.0 tar.gz

Changes v1.1.1 -> 1.2.0

* New: Now works with the new permissions system brougt into WHMCS in 3.6.0 - if a user doesn't have access to the built-in to-do list via their administrator role then they have a limited homepage to-do list.

* New: Users with full permissions can view others' to-do lists, and the entire to-do list, as well as editing. While viewing as another user, clicking the 'take' button assigns the item to them. Taking/dropping is not available while viewing the entire list.

* Updated: 'Status' and 'Assignment' have been swapped around, and the 'take' and 'drop' links turned into buttons.

* New: Number of to-do items is included in the "<name>'s to-do list" in brackets at the end. This number doesn't include unassigned items that appear. If there are upcoming items the number is shown thus: (<Number of current items> + <Number of upcoming items>)

Whoops, forgot to include a screenshot link:

Screenshot of user with permission to access the WHMCS to-do list

Screenshot of user WITHOUT permission to access the WHMCS to-do list

I might maintain a page on my site with up-to-date details and ask an admin to edit the front post to point to it. (I'd still update this thread when I release changes)

I've started work on the next version, which will allow users to add items from the homepage. It should cut out the need for the WHMCS to-do list so that users without permission to see it can still add items to their own list. To that end I'll also look into having descriptions visible on the homepage (perhaps on mouseover the title).

I'd welcome any suggestions you might have as to anything you'd like added or changed.

I've started work on the next version, which will allow users to add items from the homepage. It should cut out the need for the WHMCS to-do list so that users without permission to see it can still add items to their own list. To that end I'll also look into having descriptions visible on the homepage (perhaps on mouseover the title).

I'd welcome any suggestions you might have as to anything you'd like added or changed.

I'm getting this error when I place the new homepage in Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The first argument should be either a string or an integer in /sdb/s158/home/ebmcorp1/public_html/accounts/templates_c/%%19^19D^19D6A856%%homepage.tpl.php on line 118

Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The first argument should be either a string or an integer in /sdb/s158/home/ebmcorp1/public_html/accounts/templates_c/%%19^19D^19D6A856%%homepage.tpl.php on line 118

Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The first argument should be either a string or an integer in /sdb/s158/home/ebmcorp1/public_html/accounts/templates_c/%%19^19D^19D6A856%%homepage.tpl.php on line 118

Can you give me a summary of your to-do items, especially dates - the problem is occuring while trying to assign human-readable dates to the to-do items.

Also, what is your date format localisation setting set to? (Config->General->Localisation)

Can you give me a summary of your to-do items, especially dates - the problem is occuring while trying to assign human-readable dates to the to-do items.

Also, what is your date format localisation setting set to? (Config->General->Localisation)

wow I'm so lost

my date format is month/date/year

as for a summary of the to-do items I'm confused there?

From WHMCS' built-in to-do list (utilites -> to-do list) - can you tell me the start dates and due dates of all your to-do items.

To make it easier (and ensure I get the data I need) insert the following code on line 295 of admin/templates/homepage.tpl:

echo "<!-- DEBUG DATA";
print_r($this->_tpl_vars['todoitems']);
echo " END DEBUG DATA-->";

Then reload the homepage, view the page's source and PM me the lines between <!-- DEBUG DATA and END DEBUG DATA-->. If you don't see the lines then clear out your templates_c directory and try reloading again. If there is any sensitive data in your to-do list items I suggest you mask it before PMing me :)

In theory the top drop-down menu should be the same size, but that's different browsers for you.

If you edit admin/templates/homepage.tpl, line 276:

echo "<h1><select style='color:#297CCF;font-size:14px;font-weight:bold;' name='tdl_user' onchange='document.usersel.submit()'>";

Change font-size:14px; and font-weight:bold; to suit.

I just tried to setup a todo item and got the same error as LindsayS.

What happens is that there is a second line added that is blank except for the '//' in the date areas. Strangely enough, there is no database entry for this line. Another strange thing. If I make the due date in the current month, I don't get the error message, but if I set the due date to the next month, it does show up then.

John