How To Use BTC Payment with every order

Hello everyone, Hope you all doing good.

as WHMCS update with version 7.7 and its included crypto currency payments. So i am trying to configure it in my whmcs grapyhost.  but i am facing some issue or maybe a bug. check below screenshot.

image.thumb.png.953695e6bca04a28b26a2a3ac22126c7.png

I have added Bitcoin currency and trying to fill up product with respective crypto prices. but its not accepting value.  as one product monthly annual price is $16.83 so it will be 0.0047 BTC . but its not accepting btc value. Please suggest some to fix it.

Thanks

Madan

5 minutes ago, grapyhost said:

as WHMCS update with version 7.7 and its included crypto currency payments. So i am trying to configure it in my whmcs grapyhost.  but i am facing some issue or maybe a bug.

I don't think it's a bug - just poor / limited documentation from WHMCS.

5 minutes ago, grapyhost said:

I have added Bitcoin currency and trying to fill up product with respective crypto prices. but its not accepting value.  as one product monthly annual price is $16.83 so it will be 0.0047 BTC . but its not accepting btc value. Please suggest some to fix it.

that's where I think you're going wrong - don't add BTC as a currency.... BitPay is just another payment gateway option that you can use at checkout - so keep your products priced in USD, INR or whatever, and then when the client gets to checkout, they can choose to pay by BitCoin using the BitPay gateway... at least that's my reading of the documentation.

in any event, in v7.7 WHMCS haven't updated the pricing database tables, so they're still limited to 2 decimal places... so if you're typing in a price of 0.0047, WHMCS is going to see that as 0.00 🙂

XzAsCLL.png

• 1 year later...
On 23/1/2019 at 10:05, brian! said:

No creo que sea un error, solo documentación pobre / limitada de WHMCS.

ahí es donde creo que te estás equivocando: no agregue BTC como moneda ... BitPay es solo otra opción de pasarela de pago que puede usar al momento del pago, así que mantenga el precio de sus productos en USD, INR o lo que sea, y luego cuando el cliente llega a pagar, puede optar por pagar con BitCoin usando la puerta de enlace de BitPay ... al menos esa es mi lectura de la documentación.

en cualquier caso, en v7.7 WHMCS no ha actualizado las tablas de la base de datos de precios, por lo que todavía están limitadas a 2 lugares decimales ... por lo que si está escribiendo un precio de 0.0047, WHMCS lo verá como 0,00 🙂

XzAsCLL.png

So to update this topic a bit, because I am also interested in showing prices in bitcoin (btc).

in my case I made a hook to update the price of the coin. (and then with the daily cron task the prices will be updated).

however, I face the same problem.

prices appear in (0.00) the only way to fix this is to modify the currency table so that it accepts new decimal values such as 0.0000043 (7 decimal places) corresponding to $0.01 dollars.

@Brian!  do you think there is any other way to achieve this?